CBC axes Chris Cuthbert | Golden Skate

CBC axes Chris Cuthbert

Antilles

Medalist
I just read in MacLean's magazine that CBC has laid off Chris Cuthbert. He normally does hockey coverage, and of course, there isn't any hockey for him to cover. He also normally does CBC figure skating coverage. I don't know who they will have replace him for Worlds. Maybe Mark Lee will be back this year. It's too bad. I liked Cuthbert.

Matt

On the Ice
Was he the commentator at the 2005 Canadian Nationals with Tracy Wilson? If he was, I will be sorry to see him go. I liked how his commentary added to the competition, but wasn't overly critical like some of the commentary down here in the States :sheesh:

Antilles

Medalist
No, you're thinking of Rod Black from CTV. I like him, too. Better than Cuthbert, but I much preferred Cuthbert over Mark Lee at CBC.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Antilles said:
I just read in MacLean's magazine that CBC has laid off Chris Cuthbert. He normally does hockey coverage, and of course, there isn't any hockey for him to cover. He also normally does CBC figure skating coverage. I don't know who they will have replace him for Worlds. Maybe Mark Lee will be back this year. It's too bad. I liked Cuthbert.

Ohh.....that's a shame.