Men - Qualifying B - Notes | Golden Skate

Men - Qualifying B - Notes

Rosaleen

Medalist
These notes are copyright Golden Skate, please do not copy & paste anywhere

Some of the marks aren't complete and I don't have the results here because they are on the event website http://www.isufs.org/results/wjc2005/SEG002.HTM

AUS Robert McNamara Start 1
Notes devil went down to georgia / red satin shirt with black fringe / some nice chor / 2a almost hand down 2a / 2s turns 2t / combo spin has good speed & open leg pos / 2l / popped z / set up in corner for diag step 1st half mostl on one foot / 2f / he's lsitening to his music / death drop bit of trouble centering the landing / O ftwrk goes with music bit simple / spiral holding foot to side into 2a / 2s / split jump / 2z / nice xfoot spin to end sped up / pb / tes 27.02 tcs 37.70 tot 64.72 /

USA Wesley Campbell Start 2
Notes black tshirt & pants with bit of red at hem of short sleeves / On the Wter Front / some chor to plaintive music / 3l / music builds 2a3t / reverse jumper / 3t / combo spin is very slow & weak / strt steps are kind of wild & uncontrolled / flysit with hands behind back / 3s bad lean fell / change of music & more chor to slow stuff / 2a / 3f / 3z pitched forward but saveed it 2t / O ftwrk had a couple of nice split jumps / 2a / upright spin twisted pos on front was good open leg on back was wobbly/ pb 86.50 / tes 45.68 tcs 45.60 ded 1 tot 90.28

SVK Taras Rajec Start 3
Notes white shirt with bib shaped design / ukranian gypsy music / 3L not quite sure what happened / 3z / 2f2t / flycam with arm movement / O ftwrk is a bit behind the music / some chor & emoting to slow music section / 3s fell out / 3t awkward landing / 3z hand down turns 2t / music brightens up and we see some life for the strt steps / 2f / combo spin then sit ch sit - neither was very strong / tes 36.26 tcs 41.80 tot 78.96 /

USA Jordan Brauninger Start 4
Notes light yellow shirt under redish top with brown pants / 3a3t nice a under rot t & both hands down / 3z2t / 3t / O ftwrk is dynamic & with music - ends right on cue / slower soft music & some chor / 3a fell / 3f / backsit tuck / music changes & some playing to judges & chor / 3l / strt steps seem to depict a sword fight / fly cam is a bit slow but with good pos / 3s / 2a / combo spin to end / pb 98.12 / tes 55.78 pcs 55.80 ded 1

NZL Joel Watson Start 5
Notes white blousey shirt black gloves & pants / man in the Iron mask / 2a2t / 3t3t I think 2nd was a 3 / flysit / 2z / combo spin lost it on entrance to back cam / some chor to soft bit / 2f / I missed soething in there/ 2l / sets up at end of boards for strt steps to dynamic music steps weren't quite as dynamic / popped 2a / pb / 28.70 tcs 32.30 ded 1 tot 60.00

BUL Georgi Kenchadze Start 6
Notes king arthur / grey velour with maroon tunic / 3l hand down / there was some nice chor at the start / 3t2t / flysit not much fly spin was nice / 3s hand down / 2z turn 2t / sit ch sit with twisted pos travelled / 3t / strt steps are chor to music and heldmy interest / 2a / O steps were missing something / 2l / 3? fell looked like a flip to me / combo spin to end is ok / pb 51.73 / tes 36.68 tcs 33.30 ded 1 tot 68.98 /

SUI Moris Pfeifhofer Start 7
Notes lost the notes when I put my palm down and accidently switched it off /

TPE Andy Chen Start 8
Notes navy velvet one piece with white shirt underneath / missed the 1st part of his skate getting organized after losing the last skater / music is gladiator / strt steps were trying to work with the music / popped z / O ftwrk is ok / 2s / comb o spin is quite good on front half gets very slow on back / pb 42.19 / tes 20.68 tcs 29.90 ded 1 tot 49.58 /

LTU Tomas Katukevicius Start 9
Notes orange shirt under black bolero & black velvet pants / music is habanera / some nice chor to start / 3z2t / some nice move ment to snapping fingers / 2a bailed / flycam bit of hop to save ti / 2z2t / strt steps / 3t / 2a / music is gettin gvery monotonous /O ftwrk / 3s landed on toe & spun around / 2f / combo spin / ? jump / sit ch sit to end / pb 57.78 / tes 31.18

CZE Tomas Janecko Start 10
Notes cream top brown pants both with opposing lacing effect / Lord of the Dance / 3z? maybe a flip / 3z turns 2t / a2a / sorrry - I zoned out for a minute there - actually it waws more like for most of his program, but I'm sure I'll see it in the final free / pb 89.15 / tes 44.40 tcs 43.90 tot 88.30 /

GBR Elliot Hilton Start 11
Notes Didn’t see him skate – was unavoidably delayed by some very important people

RSA Justin Pietersen Start 12
Notes Didn’t see him skate – was unavoidably delayed by some very important people

RUS Sergei Voronov Start 13
Notes black bodysuit with red on 1/2 of body & leg/ 3z/ 3a / 3l landed forward on both feet / music is variations by danova / O ftwrk is with the music / 3t3t bit unsteady on landing of 2nd one but clean / music soften and some movement with spread eagle in full circle / 3s awkward spinning around fall / cam ch can is lovely on front back is a bit wobbly / flysit has good fly bit slow on spin / 3f bit wild on landing / strt steps are a bit slow / 3s / combo spin to end is very nice - good strong pos / pb 103.45 / tes 44.44 tcs 52.90 ded 1 tot 96.34 /

TUR Kutay Eryoldas Start 14
Notes black velvet with lots of red & silver including a roman collar / exodus / 3t2t / 2a2t / 3f fell think fully rot / back sitto inside edge to front sit / strt ftwrk is good & right with music / this last bit didn't have anything to do with music and it was so obvious because the strt steps immed preceeding were so with the music / there was a fall on a coule of jumps while I was puzzling about the chor / O ftwrk is very good and right with music / combo spin travelled badly / pb 53.28 / tes 27.96 tcs

FRA Alban Preaubert Start 15
Notes music is adios nonino / one side black the other red with gold accents / some neat moves to start things out / big 2a - meant to be a 3a / 2t was supposed to be 4 / 3a step out / huge flying sit / strt steps are very intereesting & with music / 3f / he'sa real actor on the ice / 3a3t not the prettiest one in town but done clean / O steps are a bit slow but perfect with music - really enjoyable / 3l free foot down a bit quick / more chor - this program is wonderful / 3z then another jumps but I'm not sure what / great combo spin to end / pb 100.12 tes 57.30 tcs

USA Shaun Rogers Start 16
Notes matrix reloaded / sparkley navy & teal / some chor into a great 4t right at the boards / 3a 1t big smile on his face / 3z / death drop with super fast spin in nice pos / some chor / 1a - meant to b 3a / O ftwrk is ok / popped loop / combo spin - boys is his sit fast / walley walley 3s 2t / 3f / strt steps are good / 3t with a weird fall where he went sliding acros the ice on his bum with his feet in the air / fly upright spin was a bit cut short / pb 103.07 / tes 52.54 tcs 56.10 ded 1 tot 107.64 /

POL Przemyslaw Domanski Start 17
Notes navy blue with patterned gold on one sleeve / flysit to inside edge / 3z2t / 3f2t / 3t hand down / music changes and some chor - very nice / spread eagle 3s / 3l landed very low inshoot duck but managed to stay on one foot / some more chor / 3z hand down / 3f / 2a / sit ch sit is good - nice low pos / O ftwrk is with music / flycam sit ch sit ch sit inside edge - nice spin / music is getting frantic and his ftwrk is controlled but matches quite well / pb 77.77 / 51.50 tcs 43.60 ded tot 95.10 / we have a very happy skater & coach - she as hitting him on the back when the results came up and he was looking at the screen as if he couldn't believe it /

RUS Alexander Uspenski Start 18
Notes phantom of the opera on ice / black body suit with bit of silver design / was writing notes on prev skater so am a bit behind with Alexander but will try and catch up / 3a step out / 3f3t / not sure about next 3a that was planned / fly cam was wonderfull / not sure about 3l / 3z / 3s / 3t / 2a / O then diag ftwrk were both very good / sit ch sit spin was nice / I'm not realy sure about most of the jumps in his program will need to see the protocol to double check / pb 122.01 / tes 55.50 tcs

CHN Jinlin Guan Start 19
Notes black with bronze shirt / HK Police by plan b / 2a / 3z fell out of it / 3f3t / flysit - didn't really see it / some chor to slower music / 3l under rot but stood up / 2z / some more chor / 2a / strt steps are with music ending in twizzles in both directions / 3s / sit spin / 3f / cam sit tuck back cam upright with variations / pb 95.91 / tes 45.52 tcs 48.90 ded 1 tot 90.42 /

RUS Sergei Dobrin Start 20
Notes Faust / black with shades of red & orange down one leg / 3a fell / 3a fell / 3z3t / flycam big fly excellent pos spin got a bit loopy for a couple ofrevs / 3f or was it a toe / 3l / combo spin is nice - good pos / 3z / strt steps are very nice / some chor / 3s bad lean both hands down / 2a / combo spin to end is very nice / pb 102.31 / tes 51.30 tcs 55.50 ded 2 tot 104.80

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Thanks for the report as always. I see that 6th in the group is Sergei Voronov, coached by Urmanov. Glad to see see Urmanov get a skater get to Junior Worlds.

There was enough deductions in that contest to make it a no contest.

I was pulling for Shaun Rogers cause he did such a nice job at US Nats. Oh well, this was an experience for him.

Joe