Anyone watch "House" on Fox after AI? | Golden Skate

Anyone watch "House" on Fox after AI?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I just found this show last week and already I'm hooked. Can anyone give me ant background on it and the characters. What is Dr. House always popping and why? I love his smart a$$ remarks!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Piel, I love this show. Started watching it after the second episode. Dr. House is gritty and I love the way he and his team of doctors figure out what is wrong with the patients........this show, along with AI and Lost are my favs this year.....

As far as I can tell, he's had a leg injury and he is hooked on vicodin. (One episode had him trying to quit.) The younger doctors are hand picked by House. He's brilliant and has "carte-blanche". Because of something he did, I can't remember, the hospital administrator makes him put in "x" amount of hours each week at the clinic.......a job he hates and his interaction with the patients there add comic relief..........this show is brilliant.................42

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Piel... it started this season... if I'm not mistaken the same time that AI started up again, but I could be wrong

I am not sure if this show is disturbed, or just odd... but I haven't been able to get into it.... I switch over CBS :)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Toni.....I think you're right. I think it was mid-season replacement and it did start around the time AI did, or maybe a few weeks before.............42

Antilles

Medalist
I LOVE this show. Hugh Laurie is amazing. I used to love watching him on Blackadder. I like that he's a doctor whose such a jerk. It makes him more interesting.

I haven't seen Robert Sean Leonard in years, so it's nice to see him too. I also like Lisa Edelstein. I've seen her in a few things.

Piel, apparently House's leg problem was caused by a blood clot, and it somehow damaged the nerves in his leg (hence the need for the cane, and the pills). I think all of the doctors are supposed to do some time in the clinic, but they only show House's shifts there.

For more info, try these:

http://www.fox.com/house/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412142/

bronxgirl

Medalist
To be honest, I've stopped watching all "doctor shows" since the episode of ST. Elsewhere that had a medical student accomplish more in a morning than I as an an intern could do for my patient in a week. The medical student was waiting to do a bronchoscopy on her patient for the afternoon when I turned off the TV after yelling at it that she would be lucky if the pulmonay fellows would let her take a peak through the scope in real life, and no hospital would let a med student do the procedure on a sick patient.
Hollywood always puts unrealistic expectations on physicians and patients, and I'm always trying to avoid the fallout! :yes:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Good point, Bronx, which is probably why I never watch any type of programs that showcase teachers (with the exception of "Ed"....loved that show)....42