What? No current "Survivor" thread???? | Golden Skate

What? No current "Survivor" thread????

Kasey

Medalist
Come on, the newest "Survivor" has been on for two weeks already, and there is no thread about it??

Ok, so I don't think many of the personalities have really had a chance to make themselves known yet. I kind of like Angie, the tattooed freak-girl who kicked butt in last week's reward challenge. I kind of like Stephanie, but I wonder if she is pushing for alliances and showing her strength in leadership too soon....but we'll see. I think Bobby Jon (? is that his name?) showed some poor sportsmanship at one of the challenges last week, which I don't care for too much. I like Ian ok, but haven't really formed too much of an opinion of any of the guys yet.

Come on Survivor fans, what do ya think of this most recent outing so far??

Kasey

guinevere

Final Flight
Heheh, I always post about Survivor on FSU.

This season already looks more interesting than the last one. Angie is definitely a favorite - I always root for people who are like me & my friends. I was so glad to see her kick butt in that reward challenge! I thik Ulong made a huge mistake voting off Ashley, even if she did apparently ask to get voted off. Kim and the bohunk are far more dangerous. They must be broken up - preferably with Kim getting the boot first.

Koror is a killer team. Tom and Ian are powerhouses. How fortunate to have a firefighter (strong!) and a dolphin trainer (strong swimmer)?? I liked Caryn the first episode, but it looks like she has trouble keeping her mouth shut - she is painting a huge target on herself.

Looking forward to tomorrow's show!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There was a Survivor thread but I think it is on page 2.

Dee

There might be a Survivor thread somewhere...I post about Survivor on several boards and get confused on which one I last posted, etc.
I'm enjoying Survivor Palau so far.
I agree with the previous posters' assessments of Angie, Ian and Tom, and also Caryn.
I also agree that Kim and Jeff(tribe member, not Probst) need to be broken up. I couldn't believe when Jeff(Probst) asked them if they thought there "snuggling, etc" would be seen as an alliance, they said "no".
I think Kuror will have to also consider voting Willard off. He doesn't seem to have strength or stamina for the challenges.
(heads up, in 2 weeks Survivor will be on Wednesday instead of Thursday...it'll be on 8pm Wed. 3/16)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Sorry, guys. I actually started the Survivor Palau thread after the premiere, but due to various circumstances haven't been online in over a week so didn't put in my comments about last week, so the thing probably got buried since.

Anyway --

I like Janu, just because last week she had one of the best Survivor quotes ever: "I know it's a case of mind over matter; it doesn't matter if you don't mind. Well, it just so happens that I DO mind and it DOES matter"... :laugh: :laugh:

As for tonight -- well, another hunk bites the dust..... :mad: Tho I do have a strange feeling that we have not seen the last of Jonathan and Wanda; I have a feeling that they're going to pull some sort of "Outcasts" variation like they did on Pearl Islands. As for Jeff -- how lame is that? "I had to get voted off Survivor because I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and I stepped on a coconut and twisted my ankle". I mean, when you put it like that, it sounds ridicolous -- tho he might be able to get mileage for years off of it by using it as some sort of pickup line.

I have a bad feeling about Stephenie. She was rather mellow this week, but she gives me the impression she's one of these people who likes to stir up trouble just for the sake of it (like Nicole, the first one off Pearl Islands for that very reason) and wants to be one of those people who dictates who stays and who goes (like Ami last time). When intrigue starts, she's gonna be in the thick of it, I have no doubt.

What i like so far about this edition (aside from the fact that most of these people are actually LIKEABLE, which was not true in Vanuatu, IMO) is that no one is talking alliances yet. The only thing more annoying to me than people who want to start some major alliance 12 minutes after landing on the beach, are the people who come there for some reason expecting Club Med. (That would be Ashlee and James, who in the first episode was complaining about them not even being given breakfast, tho at least he's not whining now.)

Kasey

Medalist
I feel bad for Angie and Stephanie...they both kick butt in challenges! Bobby John too. The Koror tribe, I really hope they lose someone soon (hopefully that obnoxious Caren). I thought this was probably the best reward they have ever had (a professionally built shelter).

Kasey

The 3/10 episode of Survivor was the best one so far this season. Kuror rocked! They won both the reward challenge AND the immunity challenge. And finally lazy Kim went home from Ulong. :clap:
I had a good feeling that Kuror would win the "build the better outhouse and shower" challenge for reward. Their facilities looked sturdier and were seperate from each other. I think it was a mistake for Ulong to build their toilet right next to their shower....and they seemed to go for "fanciness/frills" over sturdiness! Having a good shelter built for a tribe has to be the best reward ever on Survivor! 👍
I cracked up over Caryn when she was drunk from the champagne! Coby looked at her when she was beginning to giggle and said "Caryn?" as if he didn't know for sure it was her sitting next to him and she started doing this weird, silly-sounding laugh. :rofl: Maybe she'll loosen up now....she was getting kind of irritating.
Go Kuror!!!
One less day to wait for next weeks episode since it's on Wednesday the 16th instead of Thursday the 17th!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
What is WITH these "Rollerball" type immunity challenges? It's like Death Duel 2005 out there. Next it'll be a friendly game of paintball -- with loaded Uzis.

Incidentally, for those of you who don't know -- Entertainment Weekly reviews each episode and it's usually posted by the next morning. Sometimes the comments made are highly amusing.

www.ew.com/survivor

guinevere

Final Flight
Ha ha, I HAVE a subscription to EW, and I never go on their website - had no idea they were doing such great writeups! Thanx for the link.

Kim - UGH. I'm so glad I don't have to hear her whine about how lame it is she got stuck on a team that values strength and hard work anymore.

Next week sounds interesting - two tribal councils, and I'm sure there will be a switch of some sort.

I really want Tom and Ian in the final 4, preferably with Stephenie and Angie (although that's totally unlikely)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I did not understand last night at ALL. So last week Stephenie & Angie were all ready to send James home, but this week suddenly it becomes Gang Up on Angie and Bobby Jon Night. I would have LOVED to have seen James go home; I don't know how much more I can take of that Southern-Fried Grumping. I don't think he has had one positive word to say about anyone or anything since he got there.

The big revelation was the fact that WILLARD SPOKE!! I don't recall him saying one word up until last night..... :laugh:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was hoping that James would have been booted last night too. I agree why was Ulong picking on Bobby Jon and Angie. I was glad that Ibreham got immunity, nice switch in the game. I really like the show this year.

I'm hope Tom makes it to the end but I don't think he will.

Dee

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Hallelujah, James is gone!! I've wanted him gone since about Minute One. And what the h*** was he wearing????

I found it rather amusing that the reward involving alcoholic beverages went to a 4-person tribe which included a Born-Again Christian and a Muslim. What I would find even MORE amusing is if they'd have them drink BEFORE the actual challenge. And it always amuses me when they give people who are half starving to death alcohol, tho this was rather disappointing as no-one seemed to get tipsy. (Like Rupert in Pearl Islands when he started licking the plate; an instant classic. :laugh: )

I wish they had shown the ORIGINAL vote; I suspect Stephenie deliberately threw the thing into a tie to see which way the wind was blowing, and then switched later. This is one smart lady and I think she might actually sneak into the final 3. My way of thinking is, assuming they EVER merge, the other tribe is going to get rid of Katie and Caryn first (and oh, please do!!) and that's going to give her some time to maneuver something, which I have a feeling she is going to be VERY good at.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Could they bring back Wanda and Jonathan for the dwindling Ulong tribe. Wanda could always sing and cheer them along to victory!! :laugh: :clap: :laugh:

Dee

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Y'know -- That might be why they haven't merged yet. Tho I think about the last thing they need right now would be Wanda.... :laugh:

Aloft04

On the Ice
I'll bet we haven't seen the last of them, Dee! Wanda reminds me of the annoying scout leader from last time....

So theologically speaking, since James is gone now does that mean that "Ibrehim's god" is actually better than "James' god"? [That snide religious remark by him last night simply infuriated me.] I rejoiced at the vote.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aloft04 said:
So theologically speaking, since James is gone now does that mean that "Ibrehim's god" is actually better than "James' god"? [That snide religious remark by him last night simply infuriated me.] I rejoiced at the vote.
Aloft, now who made the remark? James? Tell me more.

I did a dumb thing, I know that I set the recorder to tape and when I got home I noticed it wasn't taping. I saw the tribal council only. When I record, I need to get the right date. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee