What? No current "Survivor" thread???? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What? No current "Survivor" thread????

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
At one point they showed Ibreham on a prayer rug doing his daily prayer ritual, at which point it was revealed he was a Muslim, at least for those like me who did not previously notice his star-and-crescent tattoo. Later on in the episode, not long before Tribal Council, James made some comment about "Well, he can pray to AL LAW he wants to to keep his butt in here, but MAH God says he's goin' home" or something pretty close to that. More of the usual, to go along with the sexism and the homophobia. How he got as far as he did without getting smacked upside the head (aside from in the challenges) is beyond me.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the explanation JonnyCoop. I know what you mean about him (James). I loved it when he talked about Kim and said the only thing that kept in the tribe was her sex-she-ality!! :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Kasey

Medalist
Thank God and greyhound, James is gone!

I am wondering what was with Steph and her vote...I wonder if she had promised James first how she was going to vote...and went ahead and made the vote, knowing it would be a tie and then could show her loyalty to Bobby Jon? I think that girl just rocks, and I hope she lasts through the merge.

Kasey

Aloft04

On the Ice
What if they didn't have a merge this season?? :p That would be an interesting twist on things that might result in the strongest player on both teams ending up on top at the end... for a change. That might be very interesting.

I can't shake the thought that we haven't seen the end of Jonathon and Wanda! I can't figure out how they'd use them to impact things unless they put them on the jury as wildcard voters or something.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone still watching???

I couldn't believe that Jeff P. let Janu leave without a vote. What's going on here??? Does that mean any of the players can now say....I quit. I think Janu deserved to go but I still think there should have been a vote.

I'm hoping Stephenie goes soon. From last week, I just saw her as very, very manipulative.

Dee

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Personally, I LOVE Stephenie!! Yeah, she's manipulative, but isn't that part of the game? And at least she's not doing it in an obnoxious overbearing type of way. I am completely rooting for her to go all the way, because I think given all that she's been through (and given what she's still going to have to go through), if she were to win, she'd be the most deserving Survivor winner ever. After all, it's "Outwit, Outlast, and Outplay", and she's certainly doing a lot more of all 3 than a few other winners I could name.

And remember, Janu isn't the first player to say "I quit" -- remember Osten from Pearl Islands and Sue on All-Stars (and Jenna, too, actually, but that was a slightly different thing). Under the circumstances, I hardly think they can legally MAKE THEM PLAY till they get voted out. I'm just glad that quitting doesn't happen very often. Actually, what strikes me about this edition is the amount of people they've had on who after a certain amount of time, they just didn't want to be there -- Ashlee, Kim, Janu. This show has been on long enough now where people should NOT be signing up expecting to be sent off to Club Med. I mean, really.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jonny, I totally agree that they shouldn't sign up unless they really want to PLAY the game.

I'm rooting for Tom, I really like him.

Dee

I agree about Stephanie outwitting, outlasting and outplaying! I'm rooting for her, but I have a feeling she's gone if she doesn't win immunity.
I'm glad Janu left....I don't know why she signed up in the first place....as others have posted, they should know what Survivor is all about and if you even think you won't like it, why sign up?
I'm hoping the final 3 will be Tom, Ian & Stephanie and out of those 3 I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite because I like all 3 of them a lot!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I like Steph, Tom, and Ian for the Final 3, too, but my theory is -- based on the potential "all female" alliance this week, IF JENN DOESN'T BACKSTAB STEPH (a huge HUGE if), then Ian is going to go. Tom'll probably get immunity, and Jenn won't want to get rid of Gregg this soon. However, I personally would not trust Jenn any further than I could throw her, and I'm not too thrilled with Katie either.

heyang

Record Breaker
Palau has definitely been one of the better seasons of Survivor. My favorites are Tom, Ian and Steph, too. Tom & Steph are the biggest targets.

Strategically, it would be foolish to bring Steph to the final 2 because how could you not give her the million - she was the last person standing from Ulong and then gets to the final 2 amongst strangers. If Steph is in the final 2, she is the likely winner - thus, she needs to be voted off ASAP.

Tom is a target because he is strong and seems to be well-liked. He's definitely contributed to the survival of Koror day-to-day and during every challenge. So far, he's been honest, too. Even with only a tentative alliance with Steph, he was trying to keep her instead of Janu.

BTW, Steph used to be an swim team and went to college on a lacrosse scholarship. She also quit her job to appear on Survivor. Ian trained for Survivor by swimming to work daily.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Any predictions for tomorrow's show???

Dee

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
SCENARIO #1: The all-female alliance flops because Jenn stabs Stephenie in the back, and Stephenie gets voted out.

SCENARIO #2: The all-female alliance works, Tom gets immunity, and Ian gets voted out because Jenn won't vote Gregg out this early. (I'm leaning heavily towards this one as I mentioned in my previous post.)

SCENARIO #3: The all-female alliance works, by some quirk of the universe Tom doesn't get immunity, and Tom gets voted out. Which would be the smart way to go, because if Tom doesn't get immunity this time, it's unlikely that that'll occur again, and with Tom being such a strong player, the rest would do well to get rid of him at first available opportunity.

Whatever happens, I have no doubt it's going to be extremely interesting.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Setting aside my biases, yes scenario #3 would probably be best for the rest of the players but I'm hoping for scenario #1.

Dee

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
I'm betting it won't work. But I don't blame Steph for trying. What else can she do? But there's no way a women's alliance will work because Jen won't go against her snuggle-buddy, Greg. She's stupidly thinking with her heart and not her head. Plus she wants Steph out more than Greg does.

So unfortunately, if Steph doesn't win immunity tonight, I suspect she'll get booted unanimously. If by some miracle she does win it, they better take this chance to get rid of Tom. Either way I'm bummed because Steph and Tom are my two favorite players.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Here I was just expecting Jenn to be the problem, and it turns out NONE of the women went for the all-female alliance. I would have thought that at least Caryn would have gone for it, given the fact that she has no real affiliation with anyone so she's probably the next one gone and she's GOT to know that.

I'm bummed that Stephenie is gone; however, I guess when you boil it down she's every bit as dangerous to be in the final with as Tom. However -- that may have been their only chance to vote out Tom. They probably would have had another chance in the next couple of rounds to get rid of Stephenie; the opportunity to get rid of Tom may not arise again.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
JonnyCoop said:
However -- that may have been their only chance to vote out Tom. They probably would have had another chance in the next couple of rounds to get rid of Stephenie; the opportunity to get rid of Tom may not arise again.
Yeah, because I want Tom to win. :rock: :agree: :yes:

I hope they get rid of Katie next!!!

Dee

GlitterTwist

Rinkside
I want Ian to win! Steph was by far my favorite, I was rooting for her and Bobby Jon from the beginning, but now since they are gone, I'm with Ian all the way!! Jen and Greg are just kind of annoying, especially Jen. I hope they vote out Jen next. Ha, she would be shocked.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Barring unlikely immunity, if ANYONE but Caryn goes home this week, I will be EXTREMELY shocked.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Predicitons anyone??

Here are mine.

1. The 3 guys will form an alliance and vote out Katie.

2. Ian and Greg wil form an alliance with Caryn and vote out Tom,:disapp: unless Tom gets immunity and if he does then.................

3. The 3 women and Greg form an alliance and vote out either Tom or Ian.

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
:clap: to Ian and Tom for excellent strategizing to rid Koror of Greg! They thought out all the angles and were willing to risk the stone draw.

I hope Katie is voted out next. She's already proven to be a turncoat.

However, here's the chance for the 3 ladies to join in alliance to overturn Tom and Ian. They would be able to get rid of at least one of the guys in a 3 vs 2 vote - especially since only one person can win immunity.

Don't get me wrong - I'm rooting for either Tom or Ian to win.