Let's try something new... | Golden Skate

Let's try something new...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
If the skaters were actual everyday store products, what would they be?

Meaning... take a popular slogan and apply it to a skater.

for example, I used the Diet Dr. Pepper slogan "tastes like the real thing" and applied it to Sasha Cohen (I'm revising what I said earlier, btw) "skates like the real thing"

Piel in reply to my observation she'd stick with the "classic" = Coke/Kwan

so what can you come up with?? :laugh:

Kurt's Girl

Rinkside
Hey, great idea Toni! I had quite a bit of fun with this.

Kurt Browning: By sheer coincedence, I think the slogan for Browning Firearms best fits my boy, "The finest in the field." (Altrenatly, Nestle Aberfoyle Natural Spring Water's "Pure life" slogan also fits perfectly.)

Scott Hamilton: Easy. Nike's "Just do it" works very well.

Todd Eldridge: This was the hardest for me. I finally settled on Miller Lite's "Tastes great, less filling" because he's so much fun to watch and after he's through you just want hm to keep going. Not ideal, but it's all I got for the moment.

Brian Orser: this one was difficult too, but I finally stumbled on the slogan of an obscure little law firm that jumped out at me: "the image of perfection."

Brian Boitano: Heh, this one was a cinch. "So powerful it's almost ridiculous," from a graphics company called 3dfx.

Alexi Yagudin: Oh you guys are gonna kill me for this, but the first thing I thought of was Cheetoes, "Dangerously cheesy!" (Don't get me wrong, I totally respect the man, just not a huge fan of his style.)

Jeff Buttle: "The future is bright," WCRS Orange (TV station I think)

And finally, how about a slogan that sums up all of these fine performers/atheletes? I submit Air Canada's "World class, world wide."

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Irina Slutskaya, of late: "I'm Lovin' It!" (McDonalds motto)

Dick Button: "Can You Hear Me Now? Loud and clear!" (Verion wireless)

Brian Joubert: "Smooth sailing" (Carnival cruises)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Sasha on the BC (from the Swifter ads) "I dare you to try it"

Dick Button on the baby ballerinas (from Lucky Charms) "They're magically delicious"

Sasha on getting out on the ice for warm ups "Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now"

Johnny Z (Little Ceasars five minute pizza) "Hot and Ready"

Micelle Kwan (Kohls Department Store) "Do you believe in magic?" and "Expect great things"

Speedy and the judges(Las Vegas Tourism) "What happens here stays here"

Hikaru

Final Flight
Piel said:
Sasha on the BC (from the Swifter ads) "I dare you to try it"

Dick Button on the baby ballerinas (from Lucky Charms) "They're magically delicious"

Sasha on getting out on the ice for warm ups "Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now"

Johnny Z (Little Ceasars five minute pizza) "Hot and Ready"

Micelle Kwan (Kohls Department Store) "Do you believe in magic?" and "Expect great things"

Speedy and the judges(Las Vegas Tourism) "What happens here stays here"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I loved John Z's one, very creative.

mmmm... I need to think some. Right know I think for Kwan about the energizer bunny: "keeps going, and going, and going, and..." :)

screech

Final Flight
Emanuel Sandhu - a box of chocolates, cause 'you never know what you're gonna get'

SingAlto

On the Ice
This isn't a product slogan, but every time I see the book "The Firm" by John Grisham, I think of Brian Boitano. :biggrin:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Stefan Lindemann - "Small but tough" from VW Polo.

BTW, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet - some guys were being sued by VW for making a video mocking this slogan (complaint has been dropped). It's hilaroius, though may be quite upsetting for some. Click here to see it.