Happy Nancy-Got-Whacked Day! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Happy Nancy-Got-Whacked Day!

• Thread starter FetalAttraction
  • Start date
R

rgirl181

Re: personal insults

Paige,
Welcome to GS! Actually, there are rules here. The one taken most seriously is no personal attacks on other posters. Personal attacks on skaters or other forums are also no-nos. The problems is, these are subjective and open to interpretation. Calling Nancy K. a horse-face can be intended as cruel mean or funny mean. You sort of have to look at the context and decide. As Laura, who is a big Plush fan, her beloved Evgeni's nose is made fun of all the time. From what I've seen, Laura either just let's it roll off her back or says something funny in response. I think it also depends on the skater. Some skaters have large fan bases who are very devoted to their skater. Other skaters either don't have many fans or they just get used to their skater getting dogged. Some skaters you can't joke about at all, others you can say almost anything about. It's kind of like life;)

BTW, if you think someone calling Nancy a horse face is offensive, hang around a while:lol:

Seriously, if you feel that you, another poster, or a skater has been bashed in a cruel way, here are the GS guidelines for dealing with such situations: (a) PM the poster who wrote the offensive things and let him/her know what you found offensive, why, and that you would appreciate it if they would refrain from going so far in the future (or something to that effect--hopefully the poster will respond positively); (b) if, after you've PMd the postr, the poster does not respond and continues to bash other posters or skaters to the point that you are offended, PM one of the moderators and let them know about the situation; and (c) if you've contacted the poster and the moderator and the problem continues, e-mail the administrator.

Usually people work things out among themselves, but as you can see from the posts there is a very wide range of conservative and liberal standards here. I think GS posters in general try to be tolerant of each others' differences.

Don't mean for this to sound preachy. Just FYI since you're new. I think most people are primarily interested in having fun and sometimes the humor gets on the bawdy side, which is very funny to some and over-the-top to others. But such is life in the GS sandbox;) There also tends to be more gossip between competitions (like now) but during competitive periods, people do focus on the skating--and the always inscrutable and maddening judging:evil:

Also, in the Feedback folder, there are threads about the forum guidelines, who the moderators are, and other info.

Have fun:D
Rgirl

P

Princess Leppard 625

Re: personal insults

<span style="color:purple;font-family:georgia;font-size:x-small;">Thank you, rgirl! I love this board because of the diversity of opinion, when I just want to read gooey things about Evgeni, I go to a Evgeni board. When I want to talk about figure skating in general, I come here.

Stick around, Paige, you'll have a great time.

Laura :)
Defender of Evgeni's Nose</span>

L

Lady Lutz

Re: Happy Nancy Knee Whacking Day

Nancy is at her most beautiful when she looks pensive or has maybe a closed smile or a half-open smile. But when she gives you the full teeth grin, oof-fah. She has those big teeth like a horse. What makes it worse is that her gums show, too, so that adds to the "horse grin" look. Her big teeth are courtesy of some Boston dentist, who capped them prior to the 1992 Olympics. I guess that dentist went overboard and put caps on that were too large. Maybe he wanted to make sure people could see Nancy's smile in all those huge arenas. Before, her teeth were rather pointed like fangs. I've got videos of her pre-capped days. I guess it's better to have teeth like a horse than teeth like a vampire.