My Celebration On Ice Photos - Sudbury, ON | Golden Skate

My Celebration On Ice Photos - Sudbury, ON

Blade1

On the Ice
Hey Everyone !

I Finally Uploaded My Pictures From The Show In Sudbury This Past Saturday. Considering I Had A Delima With My Camera And Had To Use A Different Camera, I Didn't Get Half The Pictures I "could" Have Gotten. But I Have Gotten Over It And Am Just Thankfull I Have The Pictures That Did Turn Out. So Here They Are .....

http://community.webshots.com/user/iceworld_ca/1

Crazycat

Spectator
Wow, great photos. Thanks for sharing them. I wish that I could see the show, but ice shows never come to town where I live, oh well.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
great pic of you and Brian Orser
so was it a good show. should i go when it hits my city?

cosmictears10

On the Ice
:) hey there!

I have tickets for the show when it comes to St. John's in less than a week! I'm super excited!! I was just wondering how you found the VIP reception to be, because I also have tickets for that!!

Thanks!

Blade1

On the Ice
Kara Bear said:
great pic of you and Brian Orser
so was it a good show. should i go when it hits my city?

Hello Kara Bear !!

Thanks :) Brian is a sweetie !! If the show IS coming to your city - I'd DEFINITLY GO !!! This show is FABULOUS and it has such a variety that will entertain you to NO END !!!!!!

Blade1

On the Ice
cosmictears10 said:
:) hey there!

I have tickets for the show when it comes to St. John's in less than a week! I'm super excited!! I was just wondering how you found the VIP reception to be, because I also have tickets for that!!

Thanks!

Hello cosmictears !!!

You will DEFINITLY enjoy the show when it makes its stop in St. John's. They were selling VIP tickets which were 111.00 dollars. That included your "ice seats" a program and of course the Meet & Greet with the skaters AFTER the show !!!!

Kurt's Girl

Rinkside
^^ VIP tix like that are only $111?!?! I mean, that's a lot of money, but for what you get, hot dang! Why can't they do that up here in Alaska? I would buy one of those in a heartbeat!

And thanks for the photos Blade! They were wonderful!! :clap:

Last edited:

Blade1

On the Ice
Yes they are a bit pricey for some people, but well worth the $$ that's for sure !!!!
Ice Tickets "alone" in Sudbury were 75.00 dollars !!! Also at the VIP Reception they had wine & pop as well as platters of fruit in case anyone wanted to nibble on something to eat !

Kurt's Girl

Rinkside
Blade1 said:
Yes they are a bit pricey for some people, but well worth the $$ that's for sure !!!!
Ice Tickets "alone" in Sudbury were 75.00 dollars !!! Also at the VIP Reception they had wine & pop as well as platters of fruit in case anyone wanted to nibble on something to eat !

That is just too sweet!! Okay, so c'mon, tell us: who'd you get to meet, what'd they say, etc etc etc :) Details, we want details!

Blade1

On the Ice
Kurt's Girl said:
That is just too sweet!! Okay, so c'mon, tell us: who'd you get to meet, what'd they say, etc etc etc :) Details, we want details!

:)

Well the reception was held at the Ford Dealership since they were one of the sponsors of the event. It was in one of the show rooms. They were serving wine or pop for guests as well as had a table of fruit platters for everyone to munch on.

The skaters were pretty quick to arrive. Of course Elvis, Kurt were the first one who had shown up at the reception, following Brian and Jeffery Buttle. It was pretty much a "casual" reception. You had to go in the crowd and find the skarters but really that wasn't really hard to do when you have a crowd around them. I have had the opportunity to attend other receptions in the past so I knew what the rountin was.

My first meeting was with Elvis ! So kinda, down to earth. Posed for pictures etc... Had my pictures autographed that I had taken of him at Canadians in 2001. And I also FINALLY had my book signed by him. I've been trying to get this book autographed for such a long time. I am happy I finally got it autographed.

Second encounter was with Jeffery Buttle. Our new Canadian Champion and of course hometown boy !!! I am a HUGE Jeff fan and was thrilled to meet him again. I had a 8X10 picture of Jeff with his medal that I took at Canadians autographed. Had a small chat with him, told him it was the hightlight of my trip to London when he won Canadians. I also gave him a picture I took of him and Joannie Rochette with their medals. He was really happy and loved the photo and of course thanked me. Jeff has that million dollar smile *sigh*

My next encounter was with of course Kurt !! He is always joking with everyone and just so bubbly and lots of energy. I had two pictures autographed that I took at SOI & Gotta Skate. I told him that I had attended many of his Gotta Skate shows that were held in Hamilton and enjoyed all of them, and of course asked him if he was doing another one. He did say that they were planning on one, and its in the works, but no date or anything has been set. He did tell me that they are trying to incoperate something different, from one "location" to another. He also did mention that it will more than likely be in Toronto this time around instead of Hamilton. I again told him that I enjoyed all the shows I attended, and he thanked me for travelling all that way to see his show. I told him its no problem and that I'd travel to Toronto to see his show again. So personable. I also told him that I loved his "Passions" program , and he thanked me, and he told me he wasn't what kind of reaction it was going to get by the audience.

Lets see ... I also met Brian Orser, and got a quick picture with him.

Met Shawn Sawyer, and he is such a sweetie. Had a brief chat with him.

Arseniy Markov, who is partner with Chantal Lafevbre really liked the pictures I took in London that I had there to get autographed, asked me if it was taken with a digital camera, I said no, he wanted copies, so I told him I'd send him some. Talked to Chantal, and asked if we were going to Ottawa, we said "but of course .." since my pictures I took were from London.

We also met Vladmir Besedin & Oleksiy Polishchuk. They were FANTASTIC. Had a conversation with them. My Mom asked them where they were from, and I had thought honestly they were from Russia, but they were born in Ukrainian. Soooo being Ukrainian, we had a great conversation with them. We had travelled to Ukrainian as well, so we were asked when we went, and had a chat about that. I told them I heard alot of great things about them, and that I knew they toured with Champions On Ice, and that I was happy to have seen them skate, and of course they will be joining the Champions on Ice tour, this summer. They both live in the NY area.

How can I forget Shae-Lynn Bourne. Just love her !! Congratulated her on her engagement. Kicking myself now not asking her if I can see the "bling bling" But from the ice, it was shinning "NICE" on her finger. She asked me where I took the picture I was getting autographed, and of course I told her Stars On Ice last year. Asked if we were going again this year, and of course we are. Have our tickets already. Told her I loved her "Tango" number with the chair. VERY interesting number. Like she is dancing with the chair. And the chair is her partner. Very unique.

Overall, we met all the skaters that took part in the show. Only people I didn't get a chance to meet and get their autograph was Violetta Afanasieva & Pete Dack. They were the skaters that used the hoops and stuff. They were awesome as well.

I have pictures from the reception located on my site if anyone is interested in checking them out.