Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What, no Monday American Idol comments????

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar

What, no Monday American Idol comments????

Well, I'm saving two pairs of panties now - one for Bo and another for Anwar. I was SO disappointed that the guy who sang "Georgia" did such a lousy off key job. I really liked him in previous weeks, and that is one of my all time favorite oldy songs.

Mean time, we're going to have to start a Simon American Idol drinking game along the lines of the Dick Button FS drinking game if you've all seen that. When Simon makes certain outrageous comments, sip, drink or CHUG.

The CHUGGER from last night (I had to rewind a couple times to make sure I heard right) was during Anwar's feedback where he babled about pansies / puppies, and then said Anwar and Paula should get married and make babies or something like that. YIKES!!! RUN!!! I fear poor Simon is losing his mind.

DG

DG, ITA about Simon. I don't think I would watch the show without him on it though. Anwar was so great....the thinking woman's Lenny Kravitz with a little Ben Harper . I loved the arrangment of "A Wonderful World" and have been replaying it over and over. They sure didn't have teachers like that at my school. All of the guys did a good job last night IMO. I think Scott, Travis, Anthony, or maybe Constantine will go this week.

My Girls Scouts (ages 10 to 15) are all voting for Constantine and Anwar. One of them who is shall I say a bit shallow but considers herself the troop trendsetter (age 11 and a dead ringer for Halle Berry) announced last night that...." Constantine was going to win because they made a movie about him starring Keanu Reeves. I don't know why they picked Keanu Reeves because he doesn't look anything like Constantine."
    Last edited by Piel; 03-08-2005 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    DG, ITA about Simon. I don't think I would watch the show without him on it though. Anwar was so great....the thinking woman's Lenny Kravitz with a little Ben Harper . I loved the arrangment of "A Wonderful World" and have been replaying it over and over. They sure didn't have teachers like that at my school. All of the guys did a good job last night IMO. I think Scott, Travis, Anthony, or maybe Constantine will go this week.

My Girls Scouts (ages 10 to 15) are all voting for Constantine and Anwar. One of them who is shall I say a bit shallow but considers herself the troop trendsetter (age 11 and a dead ringer for Halle Berry) announced last night that...." Constantine was going to win because they made a movie about him starring Keanu Reeves. I don't know why they picked Keanu Reeves because he doesn't look anything like Constantine."
    Simon definitely is a HUGE component of this show. Paula and Randy are just the "good cops" to his "bad cop." But he does come WAY off the wall with stuff sometimes!

Constatine was definitely another disappointment last night. Keanu Reeves look alike (or Constantine look alike!) ???? NOT!!! At least not to my sophisticated eye, as a Dirty Old Married Lady, for these young guys. At first Constantine's little eye shy / smiley thing was cute, but it's not going to carry his singing (or lack of) very much further IMO. But the insights from the 11 - 15 age group must be very entertaining!

LOL on the Anwar replays. My "excuse" was re-listening to Simon's off the wall comments, but of course as long as I had my finger on the replay button, I listend to Anwar sing again at least 3 times. I never had any teachers like that either. That's probably a blessing.

DG

I thought Anwar and Scott were the best 2 last night.
    It isn't that I don't think their singing is good, but Nikko and Travis just do not grab me.
    Anthony, Mario, Bo and Anthony would fall somewhere in between Anwar & Scott being #1 & #2, then Nikko & Travis being #7 & #8.
    Simon had me in stitches last night with some of his comments. I agree with Piel, I don't think I'd like or watch the show without Simon.

i thought Bo did a better job than what Randy said... I love that song, and I loved Bo's version... it was nice

anyone else think Bo looks and sounds like Travis Tritt (country-rock)

I need to get my ears tuned I guess, but even though I think Anwar has a nice voice and range, he often seems a bit off key to me..........help me out RGal...am I off base? I think the big winner will be Bo. He doesn't have the best voice, but he has audience appeal..........a big vote factor. Anthony and Mario, I think, have the best voices,and Constantine is just down-right "sexy".............42

Anthony and Anwar both go flat on the longer held notes... I can't stand "Clay Version 2.0"

Custom Title
    I think a guy will win this year. All the guys are really good. The chicks just haven't impressed me much.

I LOVE SIMON!!! I think he's a babe. Just think, if he hits on you, you know you're really hot!

Toni, I don't know why Simon keeps mentioning Clay's name in reference to Anthony. They don't look at all alike. He's more like a young Victor Petrenko to me. I don't think Anthony is flat at all..........but you're right, Anwar definitely hits too many flat notes to be considered great. He does have charisma, however, and an appeal that I am sure is getting him the votes......Who do you think will go tonight? I am guessing Scott and David or maybe even Nikko......42

I don;t think anyone will go tonight.. but who will go Wed....

I think *maybe* Scott and *maybe* Mario, but I honestly have no idea

can four girls be voted off instead? LOL

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    can four girls be voted off instead? LOL
    I would favor this as well - or sending 3 girls off along Travis.

After watching last night it was really hard for me to pick who should be the 2nd guy to go home tomorrow night. Travis by far had the worst performance. When Nikko started, I thought he should be going home but I felt he redeemed himself by the end. I don't think Constatntine had a great performance (especially doing one of my all-time favorite songs) but I'm really interested to see how he develops as they get into the different themes each week. And although Scott is still a bit hard on the eyes, I really liked his performance last night.

If I could have my way, I would send Travis, Janay, Lindsey, and Amanda home.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Banned
    Def. not Lindsay!!!! You must not have seen her performance tonight!!!!

ITA that Simon is a babe!!!!

Not the droid you're looking for

Count me in with the dirty old ladies!

It's Bo and Anwar for me, too. I'd send home Scott and Constantine based on Monday's performances. I spent Constantine's performance thinking, "What a rotten Sting impression! Why is he trying to be Sting?" Then Simon said the same thing. Constantine's not bad looking and has some charisma, but his voice just isn't good enough for the competition. (IMHO) Maybe I'd feel better about him if he washed his hair once in a while...
    For the ladies, it's Nadine, with Jessica, Vonzell and Carrie jostling for a distant second place. Mikalah and Janay need to go home, and while they're on their way out, would someone please take Mikalah aside and let her know that nobody's interested in a young Barbra Streisand except for Barbra Streisand and perhaps her husband, Mr. Streisand.
    I think it's going to be an all-male final. I've no objections.
    xoxo,
    Rave

Hi Rant!

Welcome to the Dirty Old Ladies Club!!

DG

I am watching "The View" and Joy Behar thinks that Simon's comment to Jessica last night was sexual harrassment. The comment she was referring to was "Jessica, with that outfit you couldn't have chosen a better song title". The View gang thought he was referring to uhm "the girls" as the boys since she was showing some cleavage. I thought he just thought she looked hot? The comment he made to Amanda the first week "I want to come back as your microphone" was worse, IMO. What do you guys think? Since he is an older man and to a degree in a position of power are his comments harrassing? Discuss?
    Last edited by Piel; 03-09-2005 at 12:23 PM. Reason: I should have posted this in the Tuesday thread. Mods feel free to move. Thanks! :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast