News Article | Golden Skate

News Article

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Nice article. Your collection sounds fabulous. :agree:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Was this in the Sunday paper? (Article was dated 3/6). Sure it would be, the one Sunday in a month I didn't pick one up!! I might toodle up the street today to see if the mini market has any copies left....

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
dlkksk8fan said:
Jonny-Just read it on line because the picture of me is horrible :eek:

Fair enough. :) I was thinking of putting it in my scrapbook with all my other skating-related clippings from over the years, but I will defer to your wishes -- tho I don't think the picture could possibly be any worse or less flattering of this one I have that they took at the 84 Olympics of Roz Sumners during a practice session. :laugh: If I had the slightest way to provide a link to it, I would -- tho any current revival of that photo would actually give Roz a legitimate basis for a lawsuit.... Trust me, it is THAT bad.... :laugh:

milanessa

Rinkside
Oops, I guess I need lessons in reading comprehension. I just read the article again and realize she's not looking for that book anymore - she found it. :p

gerry

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi Donna!

Sounds like you have a very interesting collection. The article is terrific. I remember seeing other old books where you flip the pages to see something in motion. I bet the figure skating versions are awesome. Best wishes finding the one you are still looking for!

DG

linda vanwormer

Rinkside
kindard spirits

Hi Donna,

I have the same type collection, which I read avidly.

I'm not a skater, but I love the history of the sport.

I'm trying to compile a history of women's skating that tells stories that haven't been told to death. It's really interesting. I do find that in the old books the authors aren't as prone to naming names as books today. Finding who the early women pioneers of skating is really time consuming.

I also collect magazines. I'm getting a fairly decent collection.

It's nice to know there are other people out in the universe that share my obsession.

Linda VanWormer

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Hi Linda and welcome to GS!

There are a few of us out there that collect skating books. I have talked to one lady that has more then me. Tell me more about your collection. I find that the more books I collect the harder it is to find the really old ones that I don't have.