I'm in Moscow | Golden Skate

I'm in Moscow

Rosaleen

Medalist
Just a quick note to let everyone know that I'm here in snowy, snowy Moscow. It looks just like the winter postcard pictures you see. First official practices are tomorrow (Friday) and I'm planning on heading to the rink to check things out. I'm not sure yet what the internet arrangements are at the arena but worst-case is that I'll be able to post my reports when I get back to the hotel at night as long as I get back before 11pm because that's when the business centre closes.

I'm off now to do some sight-seeing -- The Kremlin and Red Square

Just so you have an idea of the time difference.

Right now it's 10am on Thursday here in Moscow, 11pm on Wed in Vancouver - Pacific Time and 2am Thursday in Toronto - Eastern Time.

bronxgirl

Medalist
Rosaleen-
I hope you enjoy sightseeing in Moscow as least as much as we all enjoy reading yournreports! Have a great time

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Rosaleen we LOVE you and your reports. Hope your stay in that snowy city is great.

Last edited:

mzheng

Record Breaker
Rosaleen, hope you enjoy your stay in Moscow. We are lucky to have you report from there. A big
THANK
in advance.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I fourth that. It's great to have our own inside source at the big event!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Ditto Rosaleen!

Thanks as always. I hope once the event is over you come back and share your impressions with us of the sights you see. I would love to see Moscow someday, just like I would love to see a World Championship someday!! Your reports are always the next best thing to being there.

DG

nymkfan51

Medalist
Thanks so much Rosaleen! It's so nice to know you will be there to report on all the happenings. I LOVE your reports!!! :clap:

Have a wonderful time sightseeing ... stay safe!!!

Norma

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
What would we do without you??? And, I'm sooooo jealous, BTW!

I'm hearing much chatter about the 3/3 in the LP for Kwan. Can you let us know if she practices the program with it? TIA!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Thank you Rosaleen. Have a wonderful trip. Please stay safe (and warm).

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Rosaleen! I am so jealous! But very excited for you! Have fun!!

If you see Melissa and Denis tell them I said "hi and good luck!" :)

Jill

On the Ice
Thanks a mill Rosaleen! Please don't forget to take in all the sights and sounds of this marvelous city and tell us all about it! I would love to visit Moscow one day, and I'm sure the majority of our members would as well.

hongligl

Final Flight
Rosaleen, lucky we have you. As someone said, your report is next best thing to being there in person. Thank you so much for all the reports from previous events and I'm sure it will be just as great this time.
Looking forward to your report on practice! :clap:

kyla2

Final Flight
Big Thank You

A big thank you to you. Have a wonderful time while you're there.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Have a stellar time in Moscow Rosaleen and thanx in advance for your awesome Worlds reports!! :rock:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Rosaleen:

Have fun and be very careful about guarding your personal belongings. My mother and brother made a trip to Russia a few years ago with the Canadian Figure Skating Association and my mom almost did not get home!! She put her purse down for a couple of minutes while shopping and someone made off with her purse - passport and all! The Canadian Embassy and figure skating association had to really work to get my mom another visa to come home!! Wow was I glad to see my mom!!

Enjoy the skating.

jesslily

Final Flight
To these who are in Moscow, do you have any practice report or meeting any skaters to share with us?

Hikaru

Final Flight
hongligl said:
Rosaleen, lucky we have you. As someone said, your report is next best thing to being there in person. Thank you so much for all the reports from previous events and I'm sure it will be just as great this time.
Looking forward to your report on practice! :clap:
I agrre, thanks for reporting for us Rosaleen. Have lots of fun, and if you can take pictures, do that as well. :love: