TV alert - MK on GMA Monday | Golden Skate

TV alert - MK on GMA Monday

N

NCMKNEW02

TV alert - MK on GMA Monday

I just got this info off Heather's site. MK is scheduled to be on Good Morning America (ABC) Monday Jan 20, 7-9 am.

M

Mathman3

Re: TV alert - MK on GMA Monday

Terrible interview. The interviewer (Robin somebody?) seemed to know or care nothing about either figure skating or Michelle Kwan. She asked a couple of lame questions about the Olympics. Did not ask anything interesting about the current season, like, what kind of a deal did the sponsors of Skate Amnerica give you to compete there, after you had decided not to do the Grand Prix circuit?

Then, when Michelle started to talk about whether she would do the GP Final, the interviewer cut her off.

But they showed some great footage of Michelle's long program -- all 7 of the jumps, one after another -- what a fantastic performance!

Sasha is scheduled for the Today Show on Wednesday. I expect a little more bite from Katie Curic.

Mathman

N

NCMKNEW02

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Did not ask anything interesting about the current season, like, what kind of a deal did the sponsors of Skate Amnerica give you to compete there, after you had decided not to do the Grand Prix circuit?[/quote]
Mathman - Are you serious?

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Then, when Michelle started to talk about whether she would do the GP Final, the interviewer cut her off. [/quote]
Yes. This annoyed me the most. Michelle was saying there are several options for GPF then Robin Givens (sp?) cut her off. This leaves me wondering what options Michelle was talking about.

S

sk8ing lady2001

I loved the skating clips of Michelle from Nationals. At least, those were just wonderful! :)

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:maroon;font-family:georgia;font-size:small;">Here are her options: To skate or not to skate.</span>:D

G

Grgranny

And at least she didn't say she wasn't skating at the GP final. :eek:

S

Show 42

Darn, I missed it. That must have been a last minute addition because I don't remember seeing it on the schedule the other day..........42

M

milanessa

I'd love to believe Katie Couric would be more insightful but I remember her interview with Yagudin after he won the gold at Oly's. I'm not expecting much on Wednesday.

gerry (missed the one this morning)

S

Show 42

That's right, Tim's scheduled for Wednesday......must set my VCR......welcome to Golden Skate, milanessa (cool name)..42

M

milanessa

Thanks 42.....

I think I'm gonna like it here.

gerry

G

Grgranny

Welcome, Milanessa, and all you others that have joined us recently. Hope you enjoy it.

K

Kabooke

NCMKNEW02,
Robin Givens is an actress,
Robin Roberts was the interviewer.

L

Liminoya

Interviews

Yes indeed, Katie Couric's Yagudin interview the morning
after the gold was pretty lame.

Asking him if he was "ebullient" had me ROFL - Yags
doesn't know what "brat" means, much less "ebullient".
You'd think someone with Couric's experience could
have done a better interview.

J

Joesitz

Re: Interviews

I'm surprised with Robin. She started out as a sports broadcaster. I think those hidden earphones were telling her to wind it up.

Joe

N

NCMKNEW02

Re: Interviews

Kabooke - Thanks for the correction.

Yes, I am also surprised at Robin Roberts. I believe she had covered figure skating events in the past. I would have thought she would at least know a little more about figure skating. I found it amusing that Robin told Diane Sawyer that the triple (loop) MK landed was a triple axel!!

L

LADSKATER

<span style="color:red;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:medium;">Michelle and Sasha need to appear on Canada AM. They would get at least a fifteen minute to half an hour intereview. Our news casters are "top-notch." Besides Rod Black (who covers Canadian figure skating with Debbi Wilkes) is one of the hosts on Canada AM. I know he would give these skaters quality time and ask great questions.

Ladskater</span>