Joubert Interview | Golden Skate

Joubert Interview

Doggygirl

Record Breaker

soogar

Record Breaker
I think he's going to beat Plushenko. He has the right attitude and his body isn't ridden with injury like Plushenko's is.

I do hope for Brian to beat Plushenko in this year's worlds. I think if he does that, it would motivate Plushenko to work harder for an Olympic win.

nicole_l

Final Flight
You've got a point soogar but Joubert's had a horrendous season while Plushenko's had a pretty good one. (although injured).

gracefulswan

On the Ice
IMO, plushenko doesn't need much motivation to win the olympics. winning the silver medal last time is motivation enough. he always talks about how he wants that OGM... regardless of how many more golds he wins at worlds.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Because I think, I feel Evgeny is good, but not so good. I don’t know if he can do two quads. I don’t know. But I’m gonna do it. I’m gonna do my best.
It seems strange that Brian doesn't know that Evgeni can do two quads or maybe I'm missing the point. Am I??? :laugh: :laugh: It seems like skaters would be watching other skaters just to know about the enemy.

Dee

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Joubert could be talking about two different quads -- AFAIK Plushenko has landed (many) 4T's, but not any other types of quads.

Kasey

Medalist
He also could be referring to whether Plush can do two quad toes right now, based on how his body is doing. He hasn't had to do two in the LP for a while.

Brian started off the season rough, but his performances at Euros were great, and Plush didn't win by a wide margin. It should be interesting if he's "on".

Kasey

I will be most interested to see how the non-quads -- Weir and Buttle -- hold up. I have a suspicion that the judges will look more favorably on the skaters that do quads, and will find a way to reward them outside the book.

MM

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
I have a suspicion that the judges will look more favorably on the skaters that do quads, and will find a way to reward them outside the book.

MM
I hear you.