Photos are UP! | Golden Skate

Photos are UP!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
and they don't suck as bad as I thought they would (to be honest I thought they were all going to be crappy...)

hopefully they're good enough to land me the job next year :)

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?EventFrame?event=019U002X

my photos are the ones where they're coming through the trees... the actual professional took the photos from the Downtown area....

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad they came out!

edited to add
here's a link to see what it cost these people to ride:
http://www.iditarod.com/geninfo/2005iditarider.php

seriously consider bidding next year, because this stuff is way cool :laugh: :rock:

Last edited:

Kurt's Girl

Rinkside
Hey Toni, those are awesome! They DID turn out wonderfully. Super congratulations. I hope the event was as much fun as it looked like. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing a sled race yet, but hopefully that will be rectified in a couple weeks :)

Thanks for sharing the great pics! :clap:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
are you keeping up with Iditarod news at all? Who are the mushers you're rooting for?

I'm rooting for Rachael (the one who is blind, with the last name I can't remember LOL), Jeff King, Martin Buser, and Rick Swenson...

oh and Tyrell Seavy... because he's cute and flirted with me :laugh:

Blue Bead

Medalist
Toni....Your photos turned out great!! :clap: :clap:

I'm curious---why did you think that they'd turn out "crappy"? Is it because you're not some big-time professional photographer with years of experience behind you?LOL Or is it just the "new photographer on the gig" mentality where you're not really sure of what's expected of you yet?

Blue Bead

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Neither... it was because I was using his equipment, not mine, and it was so unfamiliar to me, and the fact that I was doing really lousy with it during my crash course in using his stuff I just figured it was all awful LOL

not only that but there were other issues, and yeah LOL I just felt I did an awful job... :laugh:

Kurt's Girl

Rinkside
Rachael Scdoris :) Yeah, she's the one I'm rooting for too. Honestly, how could you not? She's got some serious guts. Her common sense I question a little, lol, but not her guts. I like Buser too, but c'mon...if Scdoris pulls this off, that scream of triump you hear from the Tanana Valley will be me :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
YES! RAchael rules!
Did you see the article on her in the Anchorage Daily News????? It was really good. She's great. She's my new hero! :clap:

Blue Bead

Medalist
Toni...If you can turn out photos like those using another photographer's equipment, that's all the more fantastic!! :agree: I take it that you didn't know you would be using someone else's equipment, LOL. That isn't the norm is it? LOL

Blue Bead

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I knew, and I signed the contract anyway... I didn't think using a digital would be so different... goes to show what I know :laugh:

It's not the norm for most situations, but in special cases like this it is

SingAlto

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
are you keeping up with Iditarod news at all? Who are the mushers you're rooting for?

I'm rooting for Rachael (the one who is blind, with the last name I can't remember LOL)

Rachael Scdoris. She's from my town, Bend, Oregon. She's a real inspiration. There was a great story about her on CNN the other night.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
as of 5:37pm Alaska time she is in 57th place... not bad for a rookie! :clap: she's getting A LOT of press time here...

CNN was SOOOOOOO annoying at the ceremonial start... they only followed two of the racers... Rachel and Seavey... didn't think Buser was even in the running because he drew the 3rd to last spot... now he's in 3rd :laugh:

Last edited:

Peggy

On the Ice
Thanks for the pictures, Tony. They make me sooo homesick.
Martin Buser has been my favorite musher since he won his first Iditorod.
I hope Rachael Scdoris will be watched closely so she stays safe. I can't imagine running it myself and certainly not blind--the conditions are pretty harsh and can be dangerous if she runs into a moose on the trail.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no worries about Rachael! She has a trail interpretor that can't get too far ahead of her... and he's run the race a few times