Scdoris applies athleticism, experience | Golden Skate

Scdoris applies athleticism, experience

Kurt's Girl

Rinkside
Yep, she's the one I'm rooting for too! Absolutly incredible. I can't even imagine the kind of guts it must take to traverse such inhospitable landscape with ALL your faculties, let alone when you're not able to see.

From what I understand, she actually has a guy on a sled in front of her who warns her about low hanging branches, rocks, holes, etc. Here's what I want to know though: if she actually wins, wouldn't he technically be crossing the finish line before her? And wouldn't that technically make him the champion?? I know that sounds glib but I'm actually being serious. Does she maybe have a different person to guide her each day or something?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
nope she has one interp for teh entire trip. He has run the race several times before so it's not like he doesn't know how to get her there...

considering she's in 61st place(at least as of this morning) I don't think she can win, but then again no one though Libby Riddles would win in 85 and she did... LOL

My guess is he'd drop back and let her pass, or they'd ride in side by side... it'd be cool

if Rachael can't win then GOOOOOOOOO BUSER!

Kurt's Girl

Rinkside
^ Yeah, I heard on the news. I was hoping she'd be in better position. :( Well, it's not over til it's over. I'm still holding out hope!

Lol, and I like how the two Alaskans on the board are the only ones discussing this...we rule, right? :rock: ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
:rock: Oh totally Alaskans are the best EVER! :rock:

There's a great article about some of the rookies in the back of the pack... Rachael said yesterday that she doesn't think she'd do the Iditarod again... now she's not sure... and she has a HUGE BRUISE on her hip because she had a "disagreement with a tree" :laugh: She is such a trooper! :laugh:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
WOW what an amazing woman.

Thanks for sharing! I'll be rooting for her. I love those rare opportunities where we get to watch programs on Discovery or Animal Planet or whatever about the Iditarod. Please keep us posted!! Both the dogs and the people who do this are just amazing.

DG