Unexpected ad placement for Worlds | Golden Skate

Unexpected ad placement for Worlds

mpal2

Final Flight
I was watching the movie "Fight Club" the other night on FX and saw an unexpected ad for Worlds. It was an ad of a pat of butter melting on a frying pan. It slid around in some sort of figure instead of just melting. They had skating sounds and crowds cheering in the background. The caption said something about the art of figure skating and then listed the time Worlds would be shown on ESPN.

I just wasn't expecting this type of artistically driven ad during the movie. I didn't even expect an ad on this channel at all.

Has anyone else seen it?

Kurt's Girl

Rinkside
Hey, no kidding, I noticed it too! Not during Fight Club, but I think it was on FX. Lol, to tell you the truth I thought it might be one of those "this is your brain on drugs" ads, before I got what the little butter pat was doing. :)

Good commercial though. The sound effects of the crowd in the background are really nice. Personally I would prefer seeing actualy *skaters* in the ad (not that the butter did not do a wonderful job ;) ), but it was very interesting--and got me all pumped up to watch the competition too!

Eeyora

Final Flight
It's about time they promote an eligible event. I always wondered if the lack of TV promotion has been a cause for declining ratings.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I saw it on Bravo... which really surprised me because they are an NBC network and ESPN is owned by Disney/ABC. ESPN has always had very high quality commecial promotions, they are usually of the comedic variety. But their recent ads for march madness are kinda off beat and artistic like this melting butter spot. It has clips from cinderella edited where the coach is approaching a stadium... something about who will be the cinderella story of the championships. Cute.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I saw, or rather heard a commercial for Worlds on ESPN on broadcast TV...by the time I ran over to see the commercial all I saw was a picture of Miki Ando. I know that it wasn't ABC I was watching...I think it was NBC so I too was surprised.