Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Longevity at Work

Custom Title
    I've worked for the same federal agency for 7.5 years in two locations. Before that I had a temp job with the Department of Defense.

I worked at a fast food joint during my college years. That's the second longest lasting job that I've had.

Custom Title
    Hi Lynn 226! Thanks for chiming in.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalGirl82
    Hi Lynn 226! Thanks for chiming in.
    No problem, LegalGirl82.

wofice

She was kicked out of here when she became so hostile because her Sasha didn't win. Hated Michelle. Was Axle Annie from the Santa Rosa area? I think she left because she felt people didn't want her because she didn't like Michelle either. I might be wrong there. If I remember right, she even invited me to stay with them.

Grgranny IIRC AA lived somewhere in California. Although she did not care for Michelle she seemed like a very nice person. Not hostile like you know who.

I'm sorry if my post sounded as if I were saying Axel Annie was hostile. I sure didn't mean that at all. She was really nice.

Oh Grgranny your post didn't sound like that at all. What I meant was that AA and W both did not care for Michelle but while W was quit hostile AA was very nice.

AA's comments may have seemed nice, I always thought they were a bit "back-handed"............she is openly hostile towards Michelle on other forums since she has left Golden Skate............ 42

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I have only had 4 jobs in my life. The first job I held for 10 years, the second 9 and the third 2 1/2 years and now I have 14 and in October if I make it that long 15 years.

The 2 1/2 year job was with insane people and that is all I could take of them.

Dee

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707
    I have only had 4 jobs in my life. The first job I held for 10 years, the second 9 and the third 2 1/2 years and now I have 14 and in October if I make it that long 15 years.

The 2 1/2 year job was with insane people and that is all I could take of them.

Dee
    Dee, do you mean the clients/customers were insane, or were your coworkers insane? If it was a coworker, I can relate. We had a doozy here about a year and a half ago. Definitely the type to smell the flowers on the wallpaper.

Congrats on 14/going on 15.

Custom Title
    I once had a job for 6 hours....

When I was a college student I took a job at a club as a deejay playing records. It seemed perfect because it was at night and I could study. Well, at hour 5 they handed me a special record to play and when the music started, "boom-bum-bum-BOOM-bum-bum" out jiggles a middle-aged stripper!! I got a fit of the giggles -- which annoyed the stripper no end -- and shortly afterward reconsidered my 'career' in the entertainment field.

Come to think of it, I never got paid for that night...think what that would be with 37 years accrued interest! I could retire from real estate!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalGirl82
    Dee, do you mean the clients/customers were insane, or were your coworkers insane?
    It was management, they were very powerful, or so they thought. I just couldn't believe how they treated the employees.

Dee

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloft04
    I once had a job for 6 hours....

When I was a college student I took a job at a club as a deejay playing records. It seemed perfect because it was at night and I could study. Well, at hour 5 they handed me a special record to play and when the music started, "boom-bum-bum-BOOM-bum-bum" out jiggles a middle-aged stripper!! I got a fit of the giggles -- which annoyed the stripper no end -- and shortly afterward reconsidered my 'career' in the entertainment field.

Come to think of it, I never got paid for that night...think what that would be with 37 years accrued interest! I could retire from real estate!
    Aloft04,

Dee, then it's good you got out of there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2