Thread: Evan Lysacek Worlds Preview Article

Just an average girl

Evan Lysacek Worlds Preview Article

Looks like he's had a rocky time of it.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/s.../n0313evan.htm

Hope his boot is okay at Worlds.

Custom Title
    This is at least the second time I've heard about Evan having problems with the heel coming off his boots. I know of another US skater who was having similar troubles and went through several pairs of boots before finally ending up having to use long screws through the sole of the boot as a preventative measure to hold the heel and blade on securely. It seems like the lighter-weight boots most of the skaters are using now just don't hold up to the abuse the guys give them with working on quad jumps.

Ice Angel
    Jenny Kirk practiced at Boston this weekend by herself. It seems her skates hurt her feet very much too. I'm wondering if her boots and Evan's are all from same dealer or same brand.

why are all of Frank's "big-name" skaters having boot problems? First Tim, now Jenny and Evan???
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 03-13-2005 at 06:38 PM.

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    Are these skaters contractually obligated to wear particular boots the way michelle kwan was back in 97-98 when she sustained that stress fracture? Maybe Carroll has a relationship with a boot manufactorer that should be ended? And it seems odd to me that skaters dont have multiple pairs of skates broken in and ready to go for instances like these. When I was a ballerina I had at least 3 or 4 pairs of custom made point shoes ready to go, as well as a few more pairs of more run down pairs that I could use in a pinch. I know that boots are probably more expensive that point shoes, but its a precaution that seems obvious to me.

And it seems odd to me that skaters dont have multiple pairs of skates broken in and ready to go for instances like these.
    Skate boots are much different then point shoes. As an old dancer I recall that point shoes can wear out pretty fast if you dance in them a lot.

It can take awhile to become accustomed to your boots and once you do that you don't want to be going back and forth with different boots. It can throw your skating off when you are use to what you have been wearing. That is the reason you don't want to buy a new pair of boots right before a competition.

The other week I tried to skate in my old boots and I just couldn't. I had become accustomed to my new ones and couldn't take the time to try and become comfortable with the old ones again.