Plushenko May Withdraw | Golden Skate

Plushenko May Withdraw

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
From FSU:

"Just read a report on another website from someone who is at Worlds. Apparently there are rumours going around at the arena that Plushy may withdraw because of a stress fracture."

Poor Plushy:cry:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Given the knee thing, I think he would have done well to take the whole season off PERIOD, tho I can understand why he didn't, Worlds being in Moscow and all. From his possible perspective, BAD timing, considering the Worlds haven't been in Russia in over 100 years, and then the year they are, is the year he probably should have taken off to get some of these issues taken care of. I've also read recently that he's feeling a bit burned out.

Eeyora

Final Flight
Oh my gosh! I am really worried. Yes I want him to win. But I would rather he heal properly.

mpal2

Final Flight
I'm wondering if by not taking care of the knee problems, he contributed to other injuries. I would think that you would tend to compensate (consciously or subconsciously) for the injury and put new stress on different areas.

mzheng

Record Breaker
I think he will stay. Russian needs him to secure 3 spots for Turino. For what worth hope he take care his body. I really like to see him win next Olympics, even I'm not a big fan of his skating style.

gracefulswan

On the Ice
ah, this is terrible for plushenko.. missing 3 jumps in a row during practice? this doesn't bode well for a 4th world title. will he withdraw? he has a high tolerance for pain. some sometimes, your body just can't take it anymore.

at least kwan seems to be landing all her jumps very well,, "with confidence and vigor.".. she is going to perfrom well i hope.. don't know how this will translate result-wise..but hopefully a podium finish once again.

Vash01

Medalist
SailorGalaxia518 said:
So far these are just rumors but these seem to be very good rumors......so keep your fingers crossed

"Very good rumors"???!!! Are you saying a stress fracture in Plushenko's leg is GOOD News??????!!!!! This is terrible news!

Kasey

Medalist
Vash01 said:
"Very good rumors"???!!! Are you saying a stress fracture in Plushenko's leg is GOOD News??????!!!!! This is terrible news!

I think the poster may have been meaning "good" in that there is substantiation to them....that they are not just off the cuff, but may be in fact. I doubt that anyone, even the least appreciative fan of Plushenko, would find anything "Good" about an injury to the boy. Try not to assume the worst of other people right off the bat.

Kasey

nubka

Final Flight
Bummer...

What a bummer! I'd love to see him compete, but not at the risk of making his injury worse...

mzheng

Record Breaker
STL_Blues_fan said:
Injuries or not, he is still the one to beat - he placed #1 in the Qual.
ITA.

I really hop he takes care himself after the worlds. And go on to win next Olympics.