Obertas&Slavnov to debut new LP at Worlds | Golden Skate

Obertas&Slavnov to debut new LP at Worlds

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
According to the russian website gazeta.ru, O&S ditched their Truman Show program and will be skating to a Russian medley, which includes classic Moscow Nights and Katusha.

To those unfamiliar with these two classics, Katusha is featured in the Deer Hunter (in the wedding scene) and last season Andrei Vlashenko (Germany) had a SP with Moscow Nights melody (as peformed by Scorpions!!!).

I am a bit surprised, since they had a very good season with the old LP. I guess they must be going for the crowd pleaser factor. Moskovina says that the difficulty level did not decrease at all.

Yana

mzheng

Record Breaker
I love this Russian pair team. Their style, especially the girl.
They may keep this new one to next season?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I generally don't like programs to such over-used tunes (over-used in life, not in skating). Then again, I liked C&S's Hava Nagilla program. In any case, I really like O&S, and I am sure Moskvina knows what she's doing.

WOW! said:
Sry, I just like to say good luck michelle at worlds
Hi, WOW! Me, too. But it's better to post this on one of the Michelle threads -- or start your own! -- and keep this thread for discussion of Obertas and Slavnov, OK?

Mathman:)

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I hate that Moskvina feels that she needs to have O/S play to the audience to get audience support. But those things do work.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Rosaleen's notes (BTW, thanks so MUCH!) indicate that the crowd was going nuts for all Russians regardless of the music choice. I think O&S are the only ones that have a Russian-inspired SP. I guess there is nothing new in what they are doing (think Weiss = patriotic theme in DC Worlds, Ryan Bradly with southern medley in Atlanta Nationals, B&A this year), but I think it's an overkill to have both SP and LP with the Russian theme. And to change the program so late in the season? It's not like they didn't know the Worlds are in Moscow this year!

Yana

Eeyora

Final Flight
That is a good idea. I wish more skaters would do that especially with the Olympic season coming upon us. That is what I wanted Michelle to do.