Men - Qualifying B - Comments | Golden Skate

Men - Qualifying B - Comments

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Good morning to you too Kathy!

I'm disappointed that there is no Eurosport audio coverage, apparently for the Men's QR. Oh well, I'm up so just staring at the ISU results page and pulling up old score sheets. Joubert must have taken a fall - wonder what it was? His score is about 15 points below his personal best.

Looks like something must have happened to Honda too. Not a great start. Wonder if Plush will skate, or if the *rumor* is true.

DG

katty52

Spectator
i wonder also. I read on another board that Takeshi twisted his leg and had to be carried off. OUCH

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Have you tried this link?

http://gportal.hu/portal/stream/

Not sure if CCTV5 is offering coverage or not. I keep trying to load it and see since I can't read Chinese. But...it keeps defautling to Windows Media Player and I heard it works better with Real Player. I have Real Player too but can't figure out how to try to make it load there. I'm such a techno idiot.

Anyway, are you also following along at FSU, or another board? I'm tracking on FSU and also watching here in case Rosaleen checks in.

Keep the coffee comin'!!

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi Bianomin!

Welcome to Goldenskate!! Are you the person who helped with the Russian TV Online tips at FSU? If so, thanks! I sure wish there was some coverage of these Q-Rounds, but it will be fun to watch the pairs later. Since I can't figure out how to get CCTV5 to work, I'm secretly glad I'm not missing anything.

DG

katty52

Spectator
doggygirl I tried that link and it shut down my internet. lol now I have to set up all my windows again. that link must be too strong for my laptop.

diver chick

On the Ice
ooh can't believe how quickly worlds has come around!!

Must check out the Eurosport schedule so I know what days to work from home :p

braulio

Spectator
Hi!!

I Am the one user that posted the russian tv online information on the forum of fsu :) Braulio

Just want it to let you know :)

Oh and also if you want to play the links of cctv5 with real player all you need to do is to copy and paste the url direction of each of one link and paste on the "Open" tab on real player, click enter and wait until it cames on

remember, I'm Braulio ok? enjoy

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi Braulio!!

Oops - I'm sorry I confused you screen name with someone else. Thanks for the help with the Russian on-line thing. My fingers are crossed that it will work well today.

Also, thanks a MILLION for the tip on CCTV5 and Real Player. I'm hoping maybe one of our friends here that are fluent in Chinese might be able to figure out the schedule of what they are televising and when. (HINT!!)

Thanks and enjoy the competition! And Welcome to Goldenskate!

DG

herios

Medalist
Group B

Well, first, kudos to Rosaleen, I would not be able to multitask as she does.....
Now, that group B is done.....I think the results are shaping up interestingly to say the least.
First, Honda should either take care of his injuries, or retire. After being out a full year, this is not how you envision to come back.
Then, Stephane Lambiel ......wow, 2 quads and 7 triples in qualies, topping his best result with 16 points ??
While Joubert had an OK skate which keeps him in the hunt, I am displeased with Jeffrey's effort, without a solid 3 axel, I am sorry, no top 6 finish for him!.
Tim Goebel didn't get a lot of respect from the judges, that is for sure, he will need a big come back.

Once again, thanks Rosaleen ;)

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Doggygirl I'm sorry I wasn't up to hang out with you on the boards. I took an last night Ambien so I could sleep as I have to teach this a.m. So when I arose, I first looked the scores on Ice Calc and just now Rosaleen's report. I am shocked (but very happy) to see Lambiel pull out so far ahead in front of Yagbert. But so sad for Tim. I did not expect him to do really well and did not place him on my top six list for the final competition result but 9th in the Q round?!? And Evan. Top three? Wow. Actually Tim's PCS scores are slightly higher than Evan's but his tech are not good.

melanieuk

Spectator
Thanks for the comments. :agree:

Great for Stephane. Hope they can sort out the time-keeping without damaging the program.
Can't wait to see it. :rock:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi Yelyoh...

Definitely some suprises in the first group. I feel bad for Tim too. Hopefully he can make up some ground in the SP. It just seems like he may never get his jumps back. :cry:

Have fun teaching!! At least you got some sleep - you are smarter than me.

DG

brad640

On the Ice
Thank you Rosaleen for the great reports. I am a little suspicious of Joubert's PCS being higher than Buttle's. I'm excited for Lambiel. I guess he made the right choice by doing the new LP, though it may still be a little rough with the time deduction.

lotusland

On the Ice
I can't believe I waited for the darn thing to start and of course I feel asleep before the first group got on the ice. So much has happened while I snoozed!

I checked in with http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s46/e9500/live_lng0_spo46_evt9500_mtc102883.shtml

... and Gwendal's report says Lambiel (big surprise for me!!!) won his group etc. BUT what really caught my eye was Honda was taken to the hospital ? Was this from his accident in practice or did he actually do Qualifying and soething else happened?