Men - Qualifying A - Notes from Rosaleen | Golden Skate

Men - Qualifying A - Notes from Rosaleen

Rosaleen

Medalist
Here we go with Qualifying A - hopefully things will continue the way they have and I'll be able to update after each skater

The men are on the ice for warm-up and are being introduced to cheers from the fans

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
Note: The following reports are copyright Golden Skate Please. While you may provide links to reports, do not copy & paste them elsewhere.

RUS Evgenui Plushenko Start 1
Notes Music: The Godfather - introduced to great cheers from the crowd. Wearing glittery black with bit of red at neck and wrists / 4t3t2l - that's what the cheat sheet shows but I'm not really sure that that's what I saw - keep reviewing the picking foot in my mind and I think it might have been a 3z / 2a / 3a2t or was it only a 2a not quite sure - didn't see it properly / 3z / there was a nice bit of chor in there but my mind was distracted / 3f2t / music changes and some dancing / 3s / flycam with nice pos & speed into back sit into back upright into front upright and the music stops and then starts again and into the O ftwrk which is right with music and complex and the crowd is clapping along and cheering / 3a with a turnout / 3l / fly forward cam to donut / and into strt ftwrk as the crowd screams and is clapping along even louder / into sit ch sit with flyover that is only ok / cam sit upright variations to foot in front to upright and a big smile on his face and cheering crowd and he's bent over and looks like that took a lot out of him - taking a long time to acknowledge the crowd and a good portion of them are on their feet with lots of Russian flags flying /

double-checked my monitor and the tech spec show his jumps as
3z3t2l / 2a / 3a2t / 3z / 3f2t / 3s /3a /3l /

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
GER Stefan Lindemann Start 2
Notes Music: The Big Bounce / wearing black with top with red under with black lacey effect overlay / a big of chor to start / 4t3t / 3a turnout / sit ch sit with inside edge & twisted pos / music changes and O ftwrk goes with it well and then some posing & chor / the crowd is starting to clap along / 2l / just missed something while double-checking Plushenko, sorry / 3a fell / flycam with lovely fly and great spin with pos variations / 3s not real pretty on landing but clean / music gets bouncy & crowd is clapping a little for the strt steps that are chor right with music / 3t / deathdrop is huge / finished a little after his music and the clock on my monitor is showing 4:41 / tech spec have jumps as 4t3t / 3a / 2l /3f / 3z / 3a +combo / 3s / 3t /

Rosaleen

Medalist
UKR Konstantin Tupikov Start 3
Notes Music: The Millennium Show / wearing black / a bit of chor to soft music to start / 3z very tight with hand down / 3a little tight on landing but think clean - can't see anything except very obvious cheats from up here / 3f / music changes to very heavy beat for the flycam which is quite good / O ftwrk is moving quite fast / another 3a - this one I'm quite sure was short rot and he fell / flycam is good / some chor and into the S ftwrk that leaves a little to be desired / big setup for 3l that was 2footed and short rot / music changes again and becomes almost Celtic - he's just skating around setting up for a 3s turns into 2t - not really paying much attention to the music / 2t / now a tiny bit of chor into flying camsit ch sit to inside edge /

Rosaleen

Medalist
LTU Aidas Reklys Start 4
Notes Music: Guru wearing shades of light & dark beige with brown trim / some neat chor to almost a bit of a chant / music picks up with good beat and a bit of the crowd clapping / 3s3l not sure - will check / 3z with hand down / nice inside spread eagle to humming in music with a bells beating out the beat into a 2l / music becomes more lilitng for a 2z / 3f had it then fell / 3s bit tight on landing but clean / sit ch sit is ok / music changes & picks up and a bit of chor and then stroking around into 3t that's a bit skiddy on landing but held / 2a same thing but might have been classed as a step out / O ftwrk is right with music and first part was very good but 2nd half got a bit slow / into a spin that I only saw the end of / strt ftwrk is using his whole body and again is right with music / into a short upright spin with unique pos variation.

Rosaleen

Medalist
BUL Ivan Dinev Start 5
Notes Music: Flamenco by Jesse Cook / wearing black with red shawl effect / some chor to opening guitar strums / 3f3t very nice / music picks up and a bit of crowd clapping for a second / 3a seemed to have a bit of a lean in the air but was landed very cleaning / 3z2t / 2a / back cam front cam back cam very nicely done / music changes and some chor at centre ice including a twizzle or two then some emoting / 3a fell out / flycam sit upright / music gets faster and O ftwrk is with it and in character now music slows and a sequence with ina & spread eagles / loop didn't get off ice - 1l / 3t / 3s with turnout but stayed on one foot with effort / flysit / now set up for strt ftwrk and crowd is clapping - ftwrk is very complex and matches music / combo spin with open leg pos ends the program /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CHN Chengjiang Ll Start 6
Notes Music: Internal Affairs soundtrack / black with white & grey design - one leg is white down the outside / 4t3t / a little chor while skating around for a 3a3t - very nice / flycam with good fly & layover pos that has good speed and is centered / music picks up a bit and he's down on a 3z (his most hated jump - just like Kurt ) / 3a is lovely / sit ch sit with pos variations on both front and back - quite good / music pauses and gets melodic and we've got some chor at the end of the rink / strt steps are a bit unusual and right with music / 3s / 3l / 2a / music changes again for the O ftwrk / music is bui;lding now 3f bit shakey on landing but think clean / combo spin into sit spin and ending as music fades to nothing / nice program

Rosaleen

Medalist
RSA Gareth Echardt Start 7
Notes Music: Concerto de Aranjeuz / wearing black with a blue band around chestand snaking down one leg / 2 or was it a 3z with a turnout - think only a 2 / 3t2t just hung on to 2t / flycam is a bit slow but ok (not great) pos / a bit stroking around into 2f / popped z / I just missed something that garnered a tiny bit of applause / fly sit is ok / strt steps leave a little to be desired / 1a / 2a / sit ch sit with twisted pos on back end - front has very nice low pos / spread eagle with arm movements to music start the O ftwrk - first bit of real expression we've seen since the first minute or so of the program / flycam with flyover to sit bit slow on back end of spin / some chor into the closing pose /

Rosaleen

Medalist
NZL Ricky Cockerill Start 8
Notes Music: Dark Eyes, The Old Castle / white blousey top with red sash and blackk pants / some chor as music picks up beat that crowd is clapping with until he slips off his edge going into a 3l and falls / 2a is nice / 3z fell out turns 2t / his speed and flow across the ice so far has been quite good / fly cam into a sit is nice / music smooths out and some chor at centre ice and around into a 2a / 3f fell / fly sit ch sit has good pos - bit slow / aside from the 1st 30 seconds or so he hasn't really been with the music and as I write this, the music picks up and the crowd is clapping and he's now using his music / I missed a jump in there I think / 3z hand down fell out / strt ftwrk is with music / think there might have been a final jump near the end (the cheat sheet says 3t) that I didn't see / into a flysit to end the program /

Rosaleen

Medalist
GBR John Hamer Start 9
Notes Music: Vicotry by Ronan Hardiman / Black with red V design on chest & back / 3f3t to cheer from somewhere in crowd / 3z with a fist pump / bailed on sal / don't celebrate yet / 3f step out / strt steps are with music with pause in middle / cam sit back cam sit is a pretty good spin - back cam pos is a bit weak / 2z / 2l went a bit wild in air / spread eagles into sit ch sit with sideways pos variation / he's ahead of his music and pauses for it to catch up / sounds like tin whistle now and we have some chor to the melodic tune / something happened on the 2a that I didn't really see / flycam spin / 3t / music picks right up for O ftwrk and he's working at keeping up with it but is a little behind / flysit spin to end the program

Rosaleen

Medalist
ITA Karel Zelenka Start 10
Notes Music: Lord of the Dance / white shirt & black pants / music starts with bell tolling and then some chanting type sounds / 2a / now it picks up a little 3f3t / flysit to inside edge to twised pos / music is really building in volume / 2a / some chor to a slow drums beat that's now speeding up / 2z / back sit inside edge butnot for 2 revs to front sit to a weird low leg at side with hand holding foot pos - how's that for a description of something that basically defies description / music is lighter and melodic now / 3l / 3z2t /3f / S ftwrk might be a bit simploe but is expressing the music / 3s from ftwrk / cam sit tuck leg at side forward inside sit / music is now the fast familiar stuff for the strt ftrwrk that is ok / fast urpright spin to end the program a little behind the music and my monitor again is showing the clock at 4:41

Rosaleen

Medalist
GEO Vakhtang Murvanidze Start 11
Notes Music Natural Born Killers soundtrack black with red bands around body & down arms / 3a is really high - hard fall / some chor to middle eastern sounding chant / 3z3t just pulled off the toe / a bit more chor and around as music changes to drum beat / 3s2t bit wild but done / I just missed something think maybe a 3l / cam ch cam is fast with excellent pos / more chor as music darkens and slows then start with low oboe maybe? Popped flip / 3t with a couple of turns out / 2a / flycam to inside edge / a pause at the end of the rink for strt ftwrk to some sort of chanting / 2a / can't quite figure out how to describe this music - it's interesting but not something I'd want to listen to for too long / very unique & interesting combo spin into O ftwrk that also is quite interesting and varied / much as it was kind of a weird program to me - it went by very fast /

Rosaleen

Medalist
AZE Andrei Dobrokhodov Start 12
Notes Music: Malena soundtrack wearing bright blue satiin shirt with bit of silver at shoulders & black pants / 3a fell out / 3f just hung on to it / flycam is a bit slow but pos is ok / music softens & slows and a bit of (a real little bit) of chor into a 3t2t / 3l is nice / 3z fell / music now starts to pick up / death drop with very nice air pos - spin is soso / setting up at end of rink for strt ftwrk which goes with music / music is very flowey now and we have a spread eagle into 3t with hand down / cam to catch foot spin that is centered but slow / 2s / I missed something / the crowd isn't getting into this program or music at all / O ftwrk is moving pretty well / into final combo spin which includes a beillman that gets a tiny bit of applause /

Rosaleen

Medalist
SUI Jamal Othman Start 13
Notes Music: Night Bird, Edith and Marcel (soundtrack) wearing black with sparkley top red insets on one sleeve / a bit of chor to opening strains of music showing off his lovely line into his S ftwrk / back spiral into 3z2t2t / 2a turns 2t - not really sure of the 2t / music is building now into a 3f that he flips out of / catchfoot upright spin that garners some applause / 3turns into a 3l / music stops & changes into slow & sultry and some chor to match is very nice to watch / camel spin has gorgeous pos / 3s hop 3t / a bit of chor showing off his extensions / 3z probably 2ft bit jerky on landing / combo spin cam sit back cam open leg to layback / music gets very upbeat / split jump into lutz I think that he bailed on / strt ftwrk is with music but a little too much arm wavin for me / 2a / sit ch sit to upright to headless / lots of cheers from the 'swiss' section of the autience

Rosaleen

Medalist
USA Johnny Weir Start 14
Notes Music: Otonal wearing shades of blue on top and navy pants / lots of cheers for the crowd as he is announced / a bit of chor to set the mood and around the ice for a 3a 3t - very nice / 3t / into a bit of chor / music builds with piano run and into a 3z / flycam has gorgeous pos / music picks up a bit and some turns and chor then down the ice for a 3a landed to big cheers / O ftwrk starts with lovely split jump and matches music very well / music fades and then picks up again for cam spin that is very simple but great pos and lasts so you can enjoy it / 2l / some chor as music builds and into a 3s / he's really using every bit of the music / 2f / death drop into wonderful sit spin / strt ftwrk as music builds and it's phrased just right / butterflies into combo spin to end the program and each pos is held for long enough for you to enjoy them /

Rosaleen

Medalist
HUN Zoltan Toth Start 15
Notes Music: Beethoven medley wearing dark blue with scarf around neck and light blue at wrists / 3a probably 2ft 2t bit wild / 3l fell out / some chor / 3z probably 2f 2t2l / flysit has good speed & pos to inside edge / music changes to moonlight sonata and some chor to go with it / 3f hand down / flycam - simple but nice pos / music has gotten a bit quicker for the O ftwrk / 3s2t / 3t hand down pitched forward / sit ch sit is a little slow but pretty good pos / strt ftrwrk as music picks up more - I liked the ftwrk it fit with music really well / combo spin to end includes A and some nice sit variations /

Rosaleen

Medalist
FIN Ari-Pekka Numenkari Start 16
Notes Music: Once Upon a Time inMexico wearing white shirt with red design over shoulders, black pants / some chor to opening chords of music / 3z2t / 2a has good height / arabian into camel spin to donut - pos is pretty good but very slow / 3 turns into 3l / pause for music change and it livens up and crowd is clapping along / O ftwrk is a bit empty but goes with music / 3s / another pause for change of music back to slow guitar struming and some chor into very slow camel spin / spiral with catchfoot into 2a / combo spin has good sit pos / 2f / music gets very quick / 2z / 3t2t / strt ftwrk has more to it than O / flycam sit catch foot front cam sit - spin started out not too bad for 1st fcouple of revs but by the end you could see that spinning is not his strong suite. /

Rosaleen

Medalist
SLO Gregor Urbas Start 17
Notes Music soundtracks by Morricone, Tarzan / beige & green top black pants / 3a / 2z3t fell off toe then fell / music changes - gets exciting and some chor into a fly sit spin / 2f / cam flyover to back sit with inside edge / music slows and softens and some chor to match into O ftwrk that is flowey and with music / 2atried to cover up a step out but not sure if successful / spirals are pretty good (esp for a guys) / 3t bit tight on landing - at least I think it was a toe / 3f fell - probably under rot / upright spin with pos variations / strt ftwrk to almost jungle type music / 3s / 2t / cam sit partial layback headless spin / ending with tarzan yells /

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Andrei Griazev Start 18
Notes Music: Passion by Gariel, Cirque du Soleil; wearing black with orange & red v shaped design & down sleeves - kind of neat looking / some movement appropriate to the usual starting notes of passion / fell on 1st jump 4t? / lots of stroking into 3a 3t hopped out of 3t / music has now built into driving beat that crowd is sort of clapping to / 2z / 3a both hands down / flycam with nice pos & good speed into donut / a bit of chor into music climax / music softens and starts to build again for 3f into upright spin with various positions hold foot / O ftwrk has good flow & speed / there seems to be some holes in the program as far as chor goes / 3s3t / music crescendos then softens for a little chor into 2a / 3l turnout / fly sit A spin that is soso / strt steps as music builds again and crowd is clapping along with enthusiasm / cam A sideways layback change to upright spin to end the program /

Rosaleen

Medalist
AUS Bradley Santer Start 19
Notes Music: Matrix Reloaded soundtrack / wearing black with red sparkley band around body / 3f turns 2t / music is kind of ominous / 2l / it picks up now and he's around for a 3z - nicely done / 2a / flycam is ok / music stops and changes to fast beat and some chor into O ftwrk / sit ch sit is fast with good low pos / music now slows & softens and stgarts to build again / diag ftwrk needs more steps / 2z / 3f step out / 3t / fly sit as music fades and then builds again for another O ftwrk seq??? / or what did I not get right earlier -- the 'cheat sheet' doesn't have some stuff right either so I can't really use it as a guide for him / combo spin ends the program