Pairs - Short Program - Notes from Rosaleen | Golden Skate

Pairs - Short Program - Notes from Rosaleen

Rosaleen

Medalist
They're just doing the introductions of the officials -- we'll be starting in a few minutes.

Note: The following reports are copyright Golden Skate. Please, while you may provide links to reports, do not copy & paste them elsewhere. Thank you.

Rosaleen

Medalist
ISR Shapiro / Akolzin Start 1
Notes Music: Luna de Paris - wearing birght dark yellow with black accents him in black pants / step overhead to sideways scissor pos - no change of hands / thr 3s with a step out / 2tw is fine - low but clean / sbs 2a think he might have singled - will have to wait for replay - they show 2a on tec marks so guess I was wrong / sibs spins were quite good bit far apart and slow but pos matched very well and they were in sync almost all the time / spiral seq standard one, but ok / bids has 2 revs and started with her holding free foot then what almost looked like an axel by her on the exit / didn't really see the pair spin that ended the program because I was typing & getting organized a bit /

Rosaleen

Medalist
FRA Pla / Bonheur Start 2
Notes Music: Mille et Une Nuit both wearing red / music has a middle eastern feel to it / sbs 3t both stood up but she seemed to finish early - seems ok on replay / thr 3l covers good ice / bids enetered with her holding foot in front - seemed kind of short to me / a bit of chor into the pair spin that maintains center and has good speed throughout / some chor and down for a lateral 2tw - nicely done / spirals look like it takes effort for him to keep his leg at hip height / she does a shoot duck through his legs into the lift that think was a true lasso that goes to one hand / sbs spins seemed to be in sync -- sorry I'm getting a bit behind in the program trying to describe stuff - it's much harder than singles :laugh:

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
USA Inoue / Baldwin Start 3
Notes Music Bird of Fire / her in red him in black with white & red on front / sbs 3z but I'm sure he doubled - wait for tech marks before I post it - they show a 2z so at least one of them doubled it / thr 3l is very nice / 2tw isn't high but clean / sbs flycam to inside edge to forward sit to upright - sync is almost perfect all the way through / nested inside out spirals start the seq / don't know if I'm just far away but there doesn't seem to be much relationships to the music most of the time / lift has 'scary' meno &sand exit / pair spin is nicely done and into the bids to end the program /

Rosaleen

Medalist
EST Rennik / Saks Start 4
Notes Red Hot is the music and they're wearing bright light blue / sbs 2 flips to start the program / thr 3s is very nice / toe over head to one hand - 2 hand set down / bids starts with her holding foot out in front - new fad?? Or just does it give more levels? - don't like it in any case / 2 tw is a bit low and while not crashy, not really clean either / sbs spins, sorry didn't really see them well 'cause I was writing / spirals were spirals, ok nothing special / pair combo spin was quite nicely done /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CHN Pang / Tong Start 5
Notes Music: All I ask of You from Phantom - Webber / her in red shading to white at hem him in white shirt & red pants / sbs 3t great sync / thr 3lhuge huge and landed right on the crescendo of the music / 2tw is lateral and high and again caught right on beat of music / sbs spins go to inside edge sit in great sync / true lasso to start with twist out covers good ice / pair spin maintains good speed and centering - nice pos / spirals again use music perfectly and have lovely shapes to them / bids starts with her holding foot in front / perfectly skated program - just lovely and right with the music all the time - can't find any fault with that program (even if I wanted to)

Rosaleen

Medalist
CHN Shen / Zhao Start 6
Notes Music: Clair de Lune wearing her in light peach with silver him in eing at shoulders shading to green to very dark green pants / some lovely chor to start the program and down for sbs 3t he was really close to boards and I couldsee his feet if he 2ft / both in spread eagles into true lasso to start to no hands to exit / thr 3l is great / he had a bit of trouble on sbs spins and they were out of sync after the 1st position change / 2tw - she just floats in the air with a delay on the spin / spirals are a bit slow but lovely pos & change of edge / pair spin is very nice until exit when he has a bit of a slip / into death spiral with unique entrance starting with him in spread eagle I think / they had the mood and feel of the music all the way through - everything was timed to it perfectly, but there were a couple of slips /

Rosaleen

Medalist
LAT Boguslavska / Brovenko Start 7
Notes Miusic: Carmen / both in black with red accents / sbs 2l bit out of sync but think both were clean / lots of prep into thr 3s - clean / 2tw is low but think clean (facing away from me) toe overhead 2 hands no change of pos / sbs spins are very well done - great sync including an open leg upright at the end for about 4 revs / spirals are ok / bids is 2 revs / pair spin - opposing camels start it off and ends with facing crouch / their pb is showing as 36.82

Rosaleen

Medalist
SVK Bestandigova / Bestandig Start 8
Notes Music: Christmas in Sarajevo - both wearing black / music starts out soft & fairly melodic with repeating phrase / bids with change of position / music now has a driving beat - sbs 2a he was really wild and landed on 2 feet probably short revs think she might be ok / getting behind here -- 2tw is low not sure of catch / sbs spins - didn't really see them, sorry / spirals are ok - with a couple of nice pos changes / thr 3s - landed pitched forward but held it / step overhead to one hand with one hand set down / pair spin nested camels with variation to back nested cams with a couple of too hard to describe position variations / Their previous pb is showing as 41.64

Zamboni break now and I have to stand up and stretch -- these seats are very uncomfortable -- think hard plastic bucket seats that are 'one size fits all' that never fits all.

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Totmianina / Marinin Start 9
Notes Music: Ave Maria her in light turqoise him in matching shirt / introduced to cheers & screams that continue as they start before they die down with the music / bids is wonderful and around into the spiral seq with nice held pos that maintain the flow / the cheers and clapping are there but a little subdued in fitting with the music until a gorgeous thr 3l when the crowd errupts / sbs 3toes are great if any fault a tiny bit far apart - crowd errupts again / 2tw has nice delay on lateral spin - catch not quite as clean as it could be maybe but still ok / true lasso lift to one hand with one hand set down but no pos change / sbs spins got a tiny bit out of sync at one point I think but back in sync pretty quick - a couple of lovely positions / right into pair spin that had a gorgeous final position / surprisingly although the crowd is cheering madly I don't see many on their feet / this program was just gorgeous and suited them perfectly - I almost wish the crowd hadn't of cheered because it tended to interfere with the mood set by the program

Rosaleen

Medalist
BUL Spassova / Todorov Start 10
Notes Music: Renaissance Music - sailor song - hornpipe maybe / her in white with green & gold accents / him in white with green vest effect & gold sash / some good chor to start / 2tw was fine until after catch when both went down, they're up and ok / thr 2l / didn't really see takeoff of lift but it went to one hand with one hand set down / sbs 2f - she has bad wrap but think both were clean / I'm way behind - completely missed bids / sbs spins were done to 'what shall we do with a drunken sailor' and had a couple of nice pos but got out of sync / they're now finished and I have 2 elements yet that I haven't written about - can't remember the spiral sequence - I was bopping along with the music and watching but . . . / the combo spin was the last element in the program and it finished after the music / pb is 35.82

Rosaleen

Medalist
UKR Volosozhar / Morozov Start 11
Notes Music Sabre Dance / both in red with gold & other colours on top over illusion / sbs 3t are clean / 2tw is huge no delay but floaty / music is really fast now and thr 3l think she might have brushed free foot on way by / step over head with one hand takeoff - not quite sure how they did this / bids is ok and music has softened and slowed until it picks up just as they go into sbs spin that are a bit far apart and in and out of sync / bit of dancing & chor before the spiral seq which is ok / pair spin - finally caught up - opposing camels into crouch int her in back sit with him in camel ending with her semi upside down /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CHN Zhang / Zhang Start 12
Notes Music: All Alone / both in black with white on top front (we've all seen these before) some neat sultry (my new word today) moves at centre ice / spiral into true lasso that moves very well across the ice / some chor / sbs 3s in good sync but something didn't seem quite perfect about them - maybe a little small or out of sync a bit on landing not sure? / sbs spins are very nicely timed with the music and in sync / thr 3l is good / 2tw is huge and airy with delayed floaty rotation / spiral sequence has some nice movfes / pair spin has nice pos and maintains speed / bids with variation by him on the entrance / and I actually finished writing at approx the same time they finished skating!!! They had the sultry mood of the music down quite well /

Rosaleen

Medalist
USA Orscher / Lucash Start 13
Notes Music: Still Got the Blues both in black her with 'dog collar' / a bit of chor to start things out / 2tw isn't high but very clean / sbs 3t bit out of sync and he fell / thr 3f she turned out and I think fell - too close to my side to see clearly over the laptop screen & railing - yes she fell / overhead lift - didn't see takeoff -- to star to reverse star I think with no hands - nice dismount / spirals are ok - get a bit slow at the end right into pair spinwith good centering and pos but not spectacular / bids with her changing pos a bit - not quite a flip-over I think but there was some sort of a change / sbs spins in very good sync with good pos /

Rosaleen

Medalist
POL Zagorska / Siudek Start 14
Notes Music: Un Homee Et Son Peche / muted shades of red shading to dark blue to navy blue at the bottom / music starts with dramatic drum beats and some nice chor to match it / thr 3sal is very nice / sbs 3t done - don't think sync was perfect but they were landed / music softens now and sbs cam sit foot to side back sit - kind of in and out of sync a little / pair spin is nice with good strong positions / 2tw isn't huge but has good height and very clean catch / spirals in O are well done - nothing special about pos / her in shoot duck between his legs into true lasso lift with multiple pos chainges / bids with pos variation by him on entrance and change of hands by both in the spin / great skate and they set a really nice mood with the music / They're both very happy / pb is 61.84

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Obertas / Slavnov Start 15
Notes Music: Russian Gypsy Music / her in yellow with red accents him in matching tunic with red pants/ the crowd was already nuts when they stepped on the ice before they were introduced / this music is sending them wild / sbs 3t are clean if not in perfect sync / thr 3f she's a bit pitched forward on landing but clean / 2tw is very high and floaty / spiral seq has a nice change of pos going from sideways to back / fly cam sbs spins are very good with a couple of nice pos until very end when they went out of sync / true lasso lift with it going toa carry and then rotating the opposite way - very nicely done / I completely missed the bids / pair spin to end the program / The crowd was going nuts through most of the program and especially so every time they did an element.

Rosaleen

Medalist
UZB Aganina / Knyazev Start 16
Notes Music: La Bayadere by minkus / her in red with gold trim him in beige shirt with bronze tunic effect & green pants / sbs 2a he turned out? Not sure which one now, but one of them turned out / thr 3s is clean / didn't see the 2tw, was checking 'cheat sheet' and it said throw 2a, but I'm sure they did a 3s / spirals are ok / sbs spins got out of sync at end of front end but back in sync for back half / true lasso that looked like it came down early but maybe the exit is supposed to be with her landing partially on his back ?? - don't know - didn't look right to me / now I'm behind again and comjpletely missed the bids and pair spin -- sorry /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CAN Wakamatsu / Fecteau Start 17
Notes Swan from the Carneval des Animaux / her inshades of light blue, him in navy / some nice chor and down the ice for the sbs 3t clean in sync but a bit far apart / thr 3s bit pitched forward on landing and may have put her hand down / 2tw is clean / spirals start with them facing with legs at side and switch to back last pos is facing shoot duck / into pair spin with opposing camels into ??? / sbs cam sit leg to side back sit to catch knee - sync went out at one point but only for a rev or two / true lasso to her upside down in spit to unique exit / bids is very nice as music fades / very good response from crowd and there's a load of Canadian flags flying / pb is 56.88

Rosaleen

Medalist
GER Savchenko / Szolkowy Start 18
Notes Isole by Luttikkus / her in light perrwinkle him in dark / sbs 3t very good sync / 2tw is laterall and floaty / thr 3s is a bit forward but clean / bids starts with her holding foot behind back / true lasso to one hand for a second then one hand set down / sbs flycam sit leg in front way out of sync back sit and they're back in sync to upright / right into pair spin with nice pos & timing with music / spiralssgtart at one end of rink and go inside then out with very good flow / nice program - well skated / this is quite the competition / pb is showing as 59.45

Rosaleen

Medalist
CAN Marcoux / Buntin Start 19
Notes Music: Fever, Jump Jive & Wail / her in fushia with silver sparkles him in black with fushia collar / some chor and the crowd is clapping / sbs 3t he stepped out / true lasso to one hand to helicopter is nice exit / spirals start with inside out nested / music changes and they're dancing at centre ice / sbs fly cam are very fast to sit to back cam where he has a bit of a problem but they stay in sync / a bit of chor and dancing / 2tw is high into pair spin that is faster than most of the other teams with 2 changes of foot into facing sit spins / nested inside out bent leg spread eagles into thr 3l / into bids to end the program / too bad about the step out - in this competition I think it might cost them a place or two at least in the short / pb 64.02