Men - Qualifying A - Comments | Golden Skate

Men - Qualifying A - Comments

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While trying to organize posts in context with Rosaleen's reports, I inadvertently deleted the posts in this thread. It happens when I don't get my second cup of coffee..... :eek:hwell:

Therefore, I will add them below. Feel free to resume and sorry for the inconvenience.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/images/statusicon/post_old.gif Today, 09:18 AM #2 jen_faith2

no comments other than a big hearty thank you for the PBP

Jen

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/images/statusicon/post_old.gif Today, 09:41 AM #3 katty52
Roseleen, Also a Big Thank You. I hung in there with you till 4.30am then I had to check in. Long day ahead on only 4 hours of sleep. lol What we do for our love of skating. Also what is PBP? I have tried to figure it out and I guess my mind is on slow mode.

Majorly Cool
This is majorly cool... seeing the results come up on the ISU page, then flipping to Rosaleen's comments. Just say Sandu come up. Being positive: he made the next round and he didn't waste the performance of a lifetime in the QR.

Course my heart was in my throat earlier for J Weir. No quad attempt but still in the hunt. Well in the hunt. Be still my heart.

Linny

Rosaleen, a hearty thanks here too!!
Your reports are awesome as always!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katty52
Also what is PBP? .

Play By Play. Took me forever to figure that one out too - so don't feel bad! Either that, or we both have slow brains.

DG

Rosaleen, you are da bomb - thank you so much for your wonderfully detailed reports.

Thanks!!
Thx so much for this. We're eating up every morsel of info.!!

M.

Thank you Doggygirl. did you last the whole night?

just thanks
thanks for the job

[url="http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/image.php?u=3956&dateline=1110811211"]http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/image.php?u=3956&dateline=1110811211[/url]

I hope Johnny will be okay. Here is the picture of him in pain after his skate:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...9&e=10&ncid=706

It seems to me that Plushenko and Joubert were both held up in the qualifying considering their technical content compared to Lambiel's.

Thaks so much Rosaleen for your reports, they are wonderful to read as usual!!

Onto the competition, well I'm still scared as I can get for Plush. Don't know how he does it, but he always does. Surprised that he did Godfather considering he always does his previous FS but considering everything that has happened to him, it makes some sense now.
I'm beyond happy for Lindemann, trying to proove that his medals at Euros and Worlds were not a fluke and that he deserves to be on the top places (not necesarily podium IMO) but top 6 or so. And very happy for Dobrin that was not especting senior Worlds and look just what he did, great!

I think I missed something....what happened to Weir? why is he holding his foot in pain???

Quote:
Originally Posted by katty52
Thank you Doggygirl. did you last the whole night?

Yep. And I'm changing up some laundry before the pairs SP's start. The feed from www.russiantvonline.com seems to be working well at this stage. Cross Country skiing is on. The pic is fuzzier than a TV (probably my old monitor) but this will be COOL if it works for the pairs. I hope the Comcast gods will be good to me.

I hope Johnny is OK. YIKES!!

On the scores thus far (i.e. possible "held ups") I WISH they would post the .pdf score sheets between segments of the comp, but I'm sure we won't see any of that until it's all over.

Mean time, ROSALEEN ROCKS!

DG

Rosaleen. Huge thank you.

Now GS has the bester pbp in the net!

Thank you Rosaleen. Almost like being there!​

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks for the reporting, Rosa..........you're doing a great job and we appreciate it! 42

emma

Record Breaker
Yes, thanks so much to Rosaleen for keeping us informed! People at FSU are starting to say that Weir is injured, experiencing problems from his previous foot injury, and that he received injections....It may all still be rumor....but all these injuries are making me really really sad and soooooooooo nervous for the skaters ....urgh.

curious

Final Flight
joubert is the only skater that was held up. he has no injuries,yet he keeps making mistakes and falling in the qr(did the same last year in dortmund) and he's excuse is that he does not like to skate early. Plushy once again shows why he is the best skater in the world. he has a serious injury but unlike joubert he did a very good job. he needs to rest now before the sp:biggrin:

PAskate

On the Ice
emma said:
Yes, thanks so much to Rosaleen for keeping us informed! People at FSU are starting to say that Weir is injured, experiencing problems from his previous foot injury, and that he received injections....It may all still be rumor....but all these injuries are making me really really sad and soooooooooo nervous for the skaters ....urgh.

There is also a report on Skatefans as well that Weir is injuried and may not continue. Here's the link to that report...

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/SkateFans/message/145853

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Excited for Lambiel. Certainly prefer him over Joubert! Bummed for Weir though. I sure hope he isn't really seriouly injured! He is a real medal contender this year. What is it with Lindenmann though - he can have a totally off year, yet pull it together for the Worlds. I don't care for his skating but can't help admiring this.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Ita...

Ptichka said:
Excited for Lambiel. Certainly prefer him over Joubert! Bummed for Weir though. I sure hope he isn't really seriouly injured! He is a real medal contender this year. What is it with Lindenmann though - he can have a totally off year, yet pull it together for the Worlds. I don't care for his skating but can't help admiring this.

I actually sort of liked Lindemann at Euros. You're right - he seems to pull it together at the optimal times. Good for him!!

DG

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
How does Joubert get those scores for PCS? Unless he is no longer doing two-foot skating how does he merit that for Skating Skills. And choreography? What is there to it? I suppose I should reserve judgement until I see the skate but am I missing something in general?

Sorry about Weir. I thought something might be wrong when I saw his scores and Rosleen's report of his jump content.

I hope Lambiel holds it together in the next two skates. I think he is the one to challenge Plush. And he (SL) has it all over Joubert.

rain

Record Breaker
I took notice of Lambiel last year and would throw an enormous party if he could win it all....looks like he's off to a good start. It's no fun at all if there's nobody to challenge Plushenko (never my favorite skater but in the last couple of years nobody has had both the artistry and the technical content to be able to challenge him - except Sandhu in his brief moments of brilliance.)

I'm also cheering for Buttle and Sandhu to pull up in the standings. They are fortunately still in the thick of things with two programs left!

Eeyora

Final Flight
I too hope Buttle and Weir pull up.However I also pray Plushy holds it together. This is exciting

A few comments on Men's Group A

Plush did his thing with lots of vigor albeit somewhat cautious. His audience couldn't keep still and he loved it. Most interesting was the lack of a quad. I think Johnny should take note that Plush can win without one!!!!

Lindemann - Soooo overmarked, and you know how cynical I am. Why hold this guy up? There were so many better boys out there.

Dinev - Much better than in Dortmund.

Li - Totally undermarked. Should have been in second place easily.

Weir - Very nice, but I suspect he's not over that toe injury. He flubbed two jumps!

Skater to Watch in Future : Orthmun (New Swiss boy on the block!)

Jaana: There is a Finnish boy who did a commendable SP. Forgot his name but I think he has potential.

My Prediction for the LP: In order of finish: Plushenko; Lambiel, Joubert. Maybe they will throw Lindemann another medal if L or J melt.

Joe

Last edited:

Kasey

Medalist
curious said:
joubert is the only skater that was held up. he has no injuries,yet he keeps making mistakes and falling in the qr(did the same last year in dortmund) and he's excuse is that he does not like to skate early. Plushy once again shows why he is the best skater in the world. he has a serious injury but unlike joubert he did a very good job. he needs to rest now before the sp:biggrin:

We all know you are a Plush Stepford fan. I don't think there is a figure skating board online that DOESN'T know that. But, unless you were sitting in the audience in Moscow, how the heck do you know that Joubert was held up at all, and that he was the 'only skater held up'?? Other people have said that Lindemann was held up too. People who were actually THERE.

Joubert was not held up. He skated in his familar way, and he was fine. I think he flubbed one jump. Lindemann was definitely held up, definitely.

Joe

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Joe
If you are still around, what is it about Lindyman that you think is not up to snuff? Basic skating, choreo, jumps, spins, extension? And is this something you also felt last year? Que paso.

curious

Final Flight
Kasey said:
We all know you are a Plush Stepford fan. I don't think there is a figure skating board online that DOESN'T know that. But, unless you were sitting in the audience in Moscow, how the heck do you know that Joubert was held up at all, and that he was the 'only skater held up'?? Other people have said that Lindemann was held up too. People who were actually THERE.

Just like everyone knows you are a yags,griazev and joubert's fan,but I don't need to point that out :biggrin: