Men - Qualifying A - result correction just posted | Golden Skate

Men - Qualifying A - result correction just posted

Rosaleen

Medalist
Hi All,

Just printed is a correction to qualifying A results: Here's the quote from the release

Due to a human input error entering the level o fdifficulty of an element of Mr Chengjiang Li (CHN) the results have been recalculated. The corrected results is published as correct bulletin.

There will be a re-draw for short program start order for the skaters placed 1 to 6 in each of the qualifying groups.

They don't say exactly what the correction is and so I'll have to compare the 2 protocols to figure it out. What it means though, is that Chengjiang is 3rd in group A and Johnny Weir is 4th. Chengjiang now has 32.23 points vs Johnny with 32.20. So that means that Chengiang will be in the final warm-up group and Johnny in the 2nd last warm-up group.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I'm glad that they corrected it too..

So far this year it does't look like they've been willing to correct even the most obvious errors. So maybe this is a step forward. I'm disappointed to see Johnny drop a spot of course, but he skated what he skated, and it sounds like Li deserves to be ahead of him. With the "mid pack" scores so close (after Plush and Lambiel) I don't think it's the kiss of death to be in the second to last warmup group anyway.

DG