Thread: Dance - Compulsory - Lack of Notes from Rosaleen

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!

Dance - Compulsory - Lack of Notes from Rosaleen

I am sitting here watching the comp dance as I work on transcribing press conferences, quotes & other such 'paperwork' that I have to do.

I don't know the dance well enough to really make much in the way of intelligent comments on each and every team, but if anything major happens (ie a fall or stumble especially by any of the top teams) I will post immediately about it. I'll also try and post some general comments, but there's not really a lot you can say about compulsory dance (IMO) unless you really know the dance well. I don't want to write just for the sake of writing <G>

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!

For the sake of writing

Roseleen - we'll never see these on TV, so you can tell us what dresses you like and such that requires no specific technical knowledge... Linny

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....

0 Not allowed!
    Exactly. Given the fact that all the CD's look completely alike, aside from costume critique or perhaps a really spectacular fall, what comments can one really make? Sounds like a great time to catch up on paperwork to me, assuming that the same 3 or 4 pieces of music played OVER AND OVER AGAIN don't drive you out of the arena.....

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCoop
    Exactly. Given the fact that all the CD's look completely alike, aside from costume critique or perhaps a really spectacular fall, what comments can one really make? Sounds like a great time to catch up on paperwork to me, assuming that the same 3 or 4 pieces of music played OVER AND OVER AGAIN don't drive you out of the arena.....
    I disagree. Actually, it's quite interesting, there you can see and compare apples to apples and see why a dance team is superior to the others (well, not down to each edge...depends where you are seated). I love the compulsories and the challenge it brings to watch. I agree though you really have to be knowledgeable to go down to details like choctaws, etc.

I hope tonight on CBC we could some selections at least.

Herios - Joseph

0 Not allowed!
    Rosa.............we are so appreciative of the comments and reports from you, it doesn't matter..........just give us your thoughts during dance comp......that will be enough..........thanks again..............42

Rogue Leader

0 Not allowed!
    Herios, considering last year CBC only showed three or four ODs, and didn't even show the entire final flight in the FD, I don't have high hopes for dance coverage this year.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilles
    Herios, considering last year CBC only showed three or four ODs, and didn't even show the entire final flight in the FD, I don't have high hopes for dance coverage this year.
    Antilles, we saw some, didn't we ??? I know, not a whole dance, but some cuts from G&G, Navka & Kostomarov, Wing & Lowe, The "Canadian / American" couple of Belbin & Agosto and Dubreuil & Lauzon.

I wish they showed more, but, next year at the Oly's.....

I liked the comments D & L made about being tied with their training partners and friends Delobel & Schonfelder.

This will be very interesting how it pans out, it's extremely close from 2-7, Navka & Kostomarov have just to show up...they won it already.

I keep my fingers crossed for Megan & Aaron to be able to hang on to the top 10 finish.

Herios - Joseph
    Last edited by herios; 03-17-2005 at 09:07 AM.