Dance - Compulsory - Lack of Notes from Rosaleen | Golden Skate

Dance - Compulsory - Lack of Notes from Rosaleen

Rosaleen

Medalist
I am sitting here watching the comp dance as I work on transcribing press conferences, quotes & other such 'paperwork' that I have to do.

I don't know the dance well enough to really make much in the way of intelligent comments on each and every team, but if anything major happens (ie a fall or stumble especially by any of the top teams) I will post immediately about it. I'll also try and post some general comments, but there's not really a lot you can say about compulsory dance (IMO) unless you really know the dance well. I don't want to write just for the sake of writing <G>

Linny

Final Flight
For the sake of writing

Roseleen - we'll never see these on TV, so you can tell us what dresses you like and such that requires no specific technical knowledge... Linny

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Exactly. Given the fact that all the CD's look completely alike, aside from costume critique or perhaps a really spectacular fall, what comments can one really make? Sounds like a great time to catch up on paperwork to me, assuming that the same 3 or 4 pieces of music played OVER AND OVER AGAIN don't drive you out of the arena..... :)

herios

Medalist
JonnyCoop said:
Exactly. Given the fact that all the CD's look completely alike, aside from costume critique or perhaps a really spectacular fall, what comments can one really make? Sounds like a great time to catch up on paperwork to me, assuming that the same 3 or 4 pieces of music played OVER AND OVER AGAIN don't drive you out of the arena..... :)

I disagree. Actually, it's quite interesting, there you can see and compare apples to apples and see why a dance team is superior to the others (well, not down to each edge...depends where you are seated). I love the compulsories and the challenge it brings to watch. I agree though you really have to be knowledgeable to go down to details like choctaws, etc.

I hope tonight on CBC we could some selections at least.

Herios - Joseph

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Rosa.............we are so appreciative of the comments and reports from you, it doesn't matter..........just give us your thoughts during dance comp......that will be enough..........thanks again..............42

Antilles

Medalist
Herios, considering last year CBC only showed three or four ODs, and didn't even show the entire final flight in the FD, I don't have high hopes for dance coverage this year.

herios

Medalist
Antilles said:
Herios, considering last year CBC only showed three or four ODs, and didn't even show the entire final flight in the FD, I don't have high hopes for dance coverage this year.

Antilles, we saw some, didn't we ??? I know, not a whole dance, but some cuts from G&G, Navka & Kostomarov, Wing & Lowe, The "Canadian / American" couple of Belbin & Agosto and Dubreuil & Lauzon.

I wish they showed more, but, next year at the Oly's.....

I liked the comments D & L made about being tied with their training partners and friends Delobel & Schonfelder.

This will be very interesting how it pans out, it's extremely close from 2-7, Navka & Kostomarov have just to show up...they won it already.

I keep my fingers crossed for Megan & Aaron to be able to hang on to the top 10 finish.

Herios - Joseph

Last edited: