Ladies B Start order is up... | Golden Skate

Ladies B Start order is up...

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Most of the contenders skating early in both groups. Not a great draw for Joannie. Those kinds of things don't seem to effect her skates but, of course, can effect judges.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi Sk8n Mama..

Lots of the top men skated early in their groups yesterday - so I'm hoping the "draw" doesn't affect judging like it seemed to in the past. Fingers crossed - I like Joannie a lot and hope she skates well, and is judged fairly.

DG

Lucy25

Final Flight
Michelle is so used to skating early that her draw should not affect her at all, especially since she doesn't have to skate in the morning. She will, however, not be able to play it too safe because she won't know how the other "big ones" after her will score. It will be interesting to see how a morning draw will affect Sasha and the rest of group B.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Lucy25 said:
Michelle is so used to skating early that her draw should not affect her at all, especially since she doesn't have to skate in the morning. She will, however, not be able to play it too safe because she won't know how the other "big ones" after her will score. It will be interesting to see how a morning draw will affect Sasha and the rest of group B.

It's the late order in her group. After warmup she has to wait until late to skate when her body cools down.

sk8m8

Final Flight
One of the few things that I really like about CoP is that there are no more "place holder" marks. They can mark whoever they wish however they wish, but there still needs to be an explaination of why a judge marked any element the way they did.

With the new system is just mark the lady or gentleman's skate and move on. It may actually put some pressure on the ladies who generally benefited from skating later. Since, for instance, Sasha can probably post HUGE numbers and she is in the first flight. That will make keeping up with her difficult to do and they won't have to 'hold back" for the other skaters that are coming up. If she gets a 40.00 section (short program) score the other ladies will or won't be able to meet the numbers. No more "5.5" because other skaters that MAY skate better at a later time. just my 2 cents....your, sk8m8

Eeyora

Final Flight
I think at this point Michelle is used to skating at any point of the draw.

Terri

Rinkside
Well Michelle skates 4th as opposed to 6th like she did in Portland so maybe she will fare a lot better with staying loose.