Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Men - Short Program - Notes from Rosaleen

Custom Title
    RUS Evgenui Plushenko Start 28
    Notes Music: Moonlight Sonata wearing black with diag silver pattern across chest / greeted to cheers that are the loudest (of course) of the night / sure hope he skates well / a bit of movement in place and around for his 4t and he falls to screams from the crowd / 3a is good and cheers / fly forward cam to donut is very good & centered but actually maybe a little slow / music changes forhis O ftwrk and the crowd is silent - a smattering of applause as he finishes it / down to the far end for 3z which is good / sit ch sit is well done / some posing and into strt ftwrk as the music builds and and a few cheers from the crowd / combo spin to end with beillman that has the crowd cheering / great ovation from the crowd and the Russian flags are flying and gifts are raining down on the ice / He takes his bows to cheers from each side of the arena / pb is 84.35 / what are the judges going to do ?? / With the fall. . . . I'm not going to try and predict or even give my opinion /

Custom Title
    FRA Brian Joubert Start 29
    Notes Music: Blue Men Group Medley wearing black with red accents that I'm not going to try and describe / some chor to a beat by I'm not sure what insgtrument / 4t3t / and a bit of arm movement as he comes around for 3a / flysit has big fly and very fast spin / some posing in front of judges and movement as music changes to very fast and he's really channeling yags during this O ftwrk but I'm not buying it / ftwrk into 3f / combo spin is good with speed and centered / music changes and crowd is clapping for strt stepsthat have all the difficult stuff on the same foot / sit ch sit with inside edge and sideways pos variations / pb is 76.98 /

Custom Title
    CHN Chengjiang Ll Start 30
    Notes Music: Treasured Book of Chinese Martial Arts / wearing black with red mandarin style top / some martial arts themed chor to start the program and down the ice and back this way for his 4t3t attempt - good / some chor as music builds and crowd is clapping 3a hung on to a skiddy landing / flycam to inside edge that is quite good unlike the 'chineses can't spin mentality / ftwrk into a 3l / cam sit sideways upright back sit scratch that is quite fast and centered until the last pos / S ftwrk is with character of music and moves very well with crowd clapping / strt ftwrk is timed with music and has lots of continuous one-foot work / sit sideways ch sit to inside edge and into final pose right with music / aside from the skiddy landing on 3a, he couldn't have skated that better - not the emotion or detailed chor that a couple of the others have, but a pretty darn good skate to end the night / pb 723.10 /

Custom Title
    So ends the men's short program. . . quite a good night of skating. I'm off now to the draw for the free and the press conference. See you tomorrow morning for the ladies qualifying

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3