Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Men - Short Program - Notes from Rosaleen

Custom Title
    CAN Emanuel Sandhu Start 14
    Notes Music: Rise; Xotica wearing his turqoise & brown with the slashes that we all know & love <G> / starts facing the judges and some chor and down the ice for his 4t3t - will he do it ? Yes he does - and I think both were clean / music is building and some S chor to the far end of the ink and around for a 3a that he pops to a single !!!!!!!!!!!! / sorry didn't really see the sit spin as I groaned about the axel / 3z seemed good / and the music changes for his O ftwrk and the crowd is clapping / and into the cam ch cam which is gorgeous as usual / back to my end of the rink to set up for the strt ftwrk which has the crowd clapping louder and a few cheers - it's as difficult ftwrk as any we see / into his combo spin cam sit tuck A to cheers & clapping back cam sit leg in front and he's into his closing pos / great reception from the crowd and lots of Canadian flags flying / we got our usual Emanuel program - greatness to dispair in a matter of seconds / they show Joanne with a 'what can you do' look on her face / pb is 75.6

Custom Title
    USA Timothy Goebel Start 15
    Notes Music: Concerto Elequiaque for Piano wearing navy blue / right into his strt ftwrk that is very 'spinny' and with the soft slow music / 4t fell / music pauses and changes a bit before building 3a is nice - cheers & clapping from crowd / fly sit is very well done & centered / sit ch sit with twisted pos is again, very good / ftwrk into a nice 3f / music is building more and a split jump starts his O ftwrk that is moving very well and quite complex - I'm quite impressed with it / combo spin sit ch cam sit upright with foot in front and scratch to end / Don't think I've ever seen this program and I quite liked it / Griazev has stepped on the ice and the crowd is going crazy as he skates around - they're now chanting Griazev / pb 73.65

Custom Title
    RUS Andrei Griazev Start 16
    Notes Music: Carmen wearing black with one gold shoulder epalaut?? And red 'sash' across chest / roof almost comes off the building as he is introduced / a bit of chor and some crowd -clapping mjusic and cheers as he lands his 3z3t / 3a and the cheers are louder as you see Tarasova on the screen looking very intent / I must have missed something or the program has changed / 3f was doubled I'm sure but you'd never know it by the cheers from the crowd / now into O ftwrk that has the crowd clapping and it's very well done / sit ch sit with nice inside edge / music builds again and the crowd is really clapping for the strt steps - you can hardly hear the music / combo spin has pos timed to the changing of the music / fist in the air as he finishes, guess I was wrong about the flip being doubled or I'm sure he wouldn't have been as happy as he is / the russian flags are flying and there's 5 flower girls on the ice as the crowd starts to chant again - they're showing replays and the crowd is cheering with what they see on the screen / pb is 68.20 / they're showing Tarasova on the screen and she's wiping tears out of her eyes /

Custom Title
    BEL Kevin van der Perren Start 17
    Notes Music: Everything by Safri Duo / wearing his black with silver & red with 'exit' on his back / a bit of chor as the music starts and the crowd is clapping then stops as the music softens / 3a pitched forward but clean / 3z3t / huge death drop with twisted pos on spin / a bit of chor as music changes and into O ftwrk which is very dancey and with the music as the crowd is clapping / ftwrk down the ice into 3f / sit tuck ch sit with hands together extended above his back / some dancing at end of ice and into strt ftwrk that has the crowd clapping again - again timed with music well / cam sit tuck back cam is a little slow sit arms extend scratch to end and a fist pump of joy / good response from the crowd feels a little subdued esp after the noise from Griazev / pb is 67.46 / big hug for his coach as he leaves the ice /

Custom Title
    BLR Sergei Davydov Start 18
    Notes Music: You really got me / maroon with silver lines around one leg and down arms / 3a on a lean fell / music has the beat of bolero / 3z2t very tight landing on both / flysit - didn't really see it - figuring out the music is bugging me / 3f / I think the z and the flip should be reversed even though the cheat sheet has it the way it is above / combo spin is ok but travels on back end / I think I saw but didn't write anything about the sgtrt steps / O ftwrk is with the music that I'm not positive had to be bolero or what it was is a take-off or re-write of bolero / pb is 59.45 /

Custom Title
    CAN Jeffrey Buttle Start 19
    Notes Music: Prelude in C Minor by Rachmaninov wearing black with with sleeves & cross-over effect in front / big chords to start and some chor to match perfectly and down the ice for his combo / 3f3t / spiral and arabesque and down for the 3a - great / music lightens & speeds up for the O ftwrk that is just perfect with the music and some applause / butterfly in sit to twisted pos / some more chor with the chords and spread eagle 3z a tiny bit forward but clean / cam layout then layvoer to back cam layout to donut / music has just a few chords and the strt ftwrk is right with it some applause but it's the type of program that you don't want to clap in for ruining fthe mood / the combo spin is just wonder ful and ythe Canadians at least are on their feet and the flags are flying / except for doing a quad, he couldn't have skated that better as far as I can see / pb is 76.45 / see him on screen in kiss & cry and he is happy !!

Custom Title
    USA Johnny Weir Start 20
    Notes Music: Rondo Capriccioso / wearing black & red / some chor to the very familiar music / 3a fell / 3z3t is great / sit ch sit is wonderful with tuck pos / music changes for O ftwrk and crowd is clapping a bit and the footwrk is great and flows wonderfully / music is building and down the ice with ftwrk into 3f / death drop has wonderful spin pos and is big / sgtrt ftwrk is very good but seems to die a bit towards the end / combo spin to end the program has his usual wonder ful pos - seems a bit slow on the end and he looks very disappointed / pb is 75.90

Custom Title
    JPN Daisuke Takahashl Start 21
    Notes Music: Nyah wearing black with hot pink on top and sleeves with black bands / some chor to get the program started / 4t3t is very good / and the japanese reporter next to me are getting very excited / 3a / and more cheers from them / flysit is very good / and some toe work to start the O ftwrk that he has a bit of a slip on towards the end / 3z is good /and sit ch sit is as well / some posing and dancing at the boards into his strt ftwrk that matches the flamenco music very well / combo spin cam layvoer sit layback back sit inside edge headless and he's moving into a final pos and is done but is holding his right calf and shaking it out and keeps touching it as he heads off the ice / pb is 71.31 / that was an excellent program - they're showing him in the kiss & cry with ice on the leg

Custom Title
    BUL Ivan Dinev Start 22
    Notes Music Typewriter / wearing black with white trim and appliques on leg / 3z3t is good / music is kind of soft & flowing and some chor to match down for his 3a on a bad lean and he steps out - might have even been short rot / flying sit went by so quick I didn't really see it / O ftwrk to the sounds of an old manual typewriter and boy do I remember that sound well!!! Not quite as fast as the music though / ftwrk into 2f / combo spin is pretty good bit slow in spots / strt ftwrk is to sound of typewriter and is timed perfectly with it - fun to watch / sit ch sit spin to end is good / he's not happy about that, bet he wants that flip back / pb is 58.15 / dobrin has stepped on the ice and there's cheers and clapping as he skates around with Russian flags flying /

Custom Title
    RUS Sergei Dobrin Start 23
    Notes Music: Black Cat white cat / wearing yellow tshirt with lime green tie black pants with suspenders / some chor to start and the crowd is clapping / 3a step out into 3t / down the ice for 3z / strt ftwrk coming towards me and the crowd is still clapping and the ftwrk is very good and with music / some chor and into a 2a / flycam is very fast with nice pos with arms behind back to inside edge or was it outside to catch foot / into O ftwrk that has lots of one-foot work and goes great with music / sit ch sit with inside edge on front and hopover to back / cam sit foot in front to back cam donut to open leg to scratch to end the program to cheers from the crowd and flags flying / he's not really happy with that / pb is 64.39 /

Custom Title
    FRA Samuel Contesti Start 24
    Notes Music Le Phare by Thiersen / wearing basic black / a bit of miming? To start and now he's moving around the ice for 3a fell / back towards me for a 3z that he fell on that I'm sure will only be a double / flysit is good to sounds of crowd clapping loudly in encouragement / ftwrk into a 3f that he falls on as well / sit ch sit is well done I think - didn't really see it as I was typing and not looking properly / O ftwrk is good to sounds of crowd clapping along with music as it gets faster as he goes into his combo spin and now into strt ftwrk and crowd is still clapping to music - ftwrk is ok and he ends the program there / after sucha good start in the qualifying this is a real disappointment - he may not make it to the free program / pb is 60.06 / he has 30.82 from the q's /

Custom Title
    The final group is on the ice -- the big question in my mind (and probably all Canadians -- as I show my bias [sorry, but I can't resist] ) -- will someone finish below Jeff overall and put him in the final group for the free program? Not that I wish anyone not to skate well, as most of you know I'm one of those who wants everyone to skate well, but I want Jeff in the final flight for the free program.

I'm very happy though, that Victor Pheiffer from AUT will make the free program -- I really enjoyed him at Jr Worlds and want to see him skate again.

Custom Title
    USA Evan Lysacek Start 25
    Notes Music: Espana Cani wearing black with bolero effect with lots of gold brocade - I love this program / big music to start and fanfare into 3a as castanets start and crowd is clapping / 3z3t easy as pie / fly sit to inside edge in time with music / O ftwrk starts and music changes and slows - ftwrk is ok but not spectacular / down the ice towards me for 3f / sit tuck ch sit to inside edge to slower and then speeds up again and crowd is clapping as music builds for strt ftwrk which is well done / music starts to build again for the combo spin and it is great / and big leap as he finishes the program he is happy (and boy is that an understatement ) He's had that program for a few years and I'll bet that's the last time he skates it and he sent if off in grand style / pb is 63.25 / It was a great skate for him with the same elements as Jeff but I don't think the footwork was as difficult so I'd definitely have it below Jeff (sorry, maybe showing bias again)

Custom Title
    GER Stefan Lindemann Start 26
    Notes Music: Earnest soundtrack / wearing black / some great chor to start the program off / down the ice for 4t fell / back around for 3a popped to a single oh no. .. . / combo spin is fast with very good pos and centered / music changes and is building for 3z that he falls on . . . I wouldn't wish this on anyone / strt ftwrk and crowd is clapping to the music ftwrk is good / music softens and slows for sit ch sit and then picks up again for O ftwrk and the crowd is clapping again / death drop is huge with twisted pos in spin / and he's gliding around as if he can't believe what just happened and now taking his bows / pb is 67.75 / coach is trying to console him as he puts on his guards /

Custom Title
    SUI Stephane Lambiel Start 27
    Notes Music: Spanish Caravan wearing black with light green at collar & cuffs / greeted to great cheers / some chor to what I'd call a piano trill / around for 3a nicely done / music picks up and down toward me for a 4t3t landed the 3t a bit shakey but to great cheers / fly sit is unbelievably good / he pulls out the 3z with a very wide free leg / strt steps are great and with music and crowd is clapping right into S ftwrk that I'm enjoying to much to try and describe -- I don't have the words anyway / combo spin is wonderful to cheers from the crowd and right into sit chsit that is incredible into closwing pose as the music fades / and he stands in his closing pose taking it all in / now he moves and a fist clench / It's hard to tell from my angle but I'd say that a good portion of the crowd is on their feet / he acknowledges the Swiss contingent to my right and they scream and wave their flags / I want to see that one again -- it was great / pb 69.97 /

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast