Thread: Compulsory Dance - comments

Compulsory Dance - comments

The results of CDs are up. Great placement for Belbin & Agosto! Gregory & Petukhov are almost where I though they would be, except I predicted they would be higher than Wing & Lowe.

Awesome score for Dubreuil & Lauzon as well - their elements are actually above both GrushGons and the Bulgarians.

Custom Title
    Well, I'd say there's going to be no contest for the gold. Given the lead the judges have already awarded Navka/Kostomorov, I only see it growing. Too bad we won't see a real competition here. On the other hand I am thrilled to see the placements (somewhat surprising) for Belbin/Augosto and Dubreuil/Lauzon. Hope they can maintain. They are my two favorite teams this year.

Custom Title
    Poor Bulgarians! Big-time bummer!!!

I wonder if Albena is still injured?

Custom Title
    I am so excited for Tanith and Ben! In fact, I just can't believe how well they are doing. They must be absolutely thrilled right now.

At the same time, I'm disappointed to once again see Delobel/Schoenfelder in sixth place. I'm really hoping they can improve in the later phases of competition.

I think the CDs are possibly the weakest part of the competition for Melissa and Denis... I can only see them eating up ground from here!

GO TEAM USA!!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by eyria
    I am so excited for Tanith and Ben! In fact, I just can't believe how well they are doing. They must be absolutely thrilled right now.

At the same time, I'm disappointed to once again see Delobel/Schoenfelder in sixth place. I'm really hoping they can improve in the later phases of competition.
    Delobel and Schonfelder are actually tied with Dubreuil & Lauzon. Nothing is decided from 3rd to 7th they are so tightly bunched together.

Herios - Joseph

Custom Title
    Go team USA.!! It seems Denkova and Stayviski need to overcome some hurdles before next year. Hopefully they can come up with a better free dance.

On the Ice
    Compulsories tend to be Belbin and Agosto's weakest event so I would expect them to only get stronger with this confidence boost. Last year they finished behind Dubreuil and Lauzon in the Midnight Blues.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptichka
    The results of CDs are up. Great placement for Belbin & Agosto! Gregory & Petukhov are almost where I though they would be, except I predicted they would be higher than Wing & Lowe.

Awesome score for Dubreuil & Lauzon as well - their elements are actually above both GrushGons and the Bulgarians.
    I am not sure why people think that Gregory & Pethukov should finish higher than Wing & Lowe ???
    Wing & Lowe are not the most talented dancers but they are very well prepared all the time. Gregory & Petukhov have yet to beat them and I just looked up the OD results and again, Wing & Lowe beat them, widening the gap

Herios - Joseph