Compulsory Dance - comments | Golden Skate

Compulsory Dance - comments

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
The results of CDs are up. Great placement for Belbin & Agosto! Gregory & Petukhov are almost where I though they would be, except I predicted they would be higher than Wing & Lowe.

Awesome score for Dubreuil & Lauzon as well - their elements are actually above both GrushGons and the Bulgarians.

rain

Record Breaker
Well, I'd say there's going to be no contest for the gold. Given the lead the judges have already awarded Navka/Kostomorov, I only see it growing. Too bad we won't see a real competition here. On the other hand I am thrilled to see the placements (somewhat surprising) for Belbin/Augosto and Dubreuil/Lauzon. Hope they can maintain. They are my two favorite teams this year.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
I am so excited for Tanith and Ben! In fact, I just can't believe how well they are doing. They must be absolutely thrilled right now.

At the same time, I'm disappointed to once again see Delobel/Schoenfelder in sixth place. I'm really hoping they can improve in the later phases of competition.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think the CDs are possibly the weakest part of the competition for Melissa and Denis... I can only see them eating up ground from here!

GO TEAM USA!!!!! :clap:

herios

Medalist
eyria said:
I am so excited for Tanith and Ben! In fact, I just can't believe how well they are doing. They must be absolutely thrilled right now.

At the same time, I'm disappointed to once again see Delobel/Schoenfelder in sixth place. I'm really hoping they can improve in the later phases of competition.

Delobel and Schonfelder are actually tied with Dubreuil & Lauzon. Nothing is decided from 3rd to 7th they are so tightly bunched together.

Herios - Joseph

Eeyora

Final Flight
Go team USA.!! It seems Denkova and Stayviski need to overcome some hurdles before next year. Hopefully they can come up with a better free dance.

Terri

Rinkside
Compulsories tend to be Belbin and Agosto's weakest event so I would expect them to only get stronger with this confidence boost. Last year they finished behind Dubreuil and Lauzon in the Midnight Blues.

herios

Medalist
Ptichka said:
The results of CDs are up. Great placement for Belbin & Agosto! Gregory & Petukhov are almost where I though they would be, except I predicted they would be higher than Wing & Lowe.

Awesome score for Dubreuil & Lauzon as well - their elements are actually above both GrushGons and the Bulgarians.

I am not sure why people think that Gregory & Pethukov should finish higher than Wing & Lowe ???
Wing & Lowe are not the most talented dancers but they are very well prepared all the time. Gregory & Petukhov have yet to beat them and I just looked up the OD results and again, Wing & Lowe beat them, widening the gap

Herios - Joseph