Thread: Oh Emmanuel!!! (SP spoil)

Oh Emmanuel!!! (SP spoil)

How can he land a great 4-3 then pop that axel again ? On Eurosport you could hear his comments in the K & C and he said he hit a rut on the take-off. Why can he not go for the jumps? In CoP, pops are suicide! An honest attempt with a fall is only -3 off the t ax (so 8 instead of 11) but pops are nothing or, at best, credit for a single.
    Last edited by Sk8n Mama; 03-15-2005 at 03:01 PM.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Well, y'know -- he didn't have a great qualifying, either, which might actually bode well for him in the final. He seems to skate his best when he's bogged down in the standings.

It breaks my heart for Canada's 4th, 5th and 6th best guys who are sitting at home and were hoping for three spots for Olys so they could go. That's not very likely now. :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama
    It breaks my heart for Canada's 4th, 5th and 6th best guys who are sitting at home and were hoping for three spots for Olys so they could go. That's not very likely now. :(
    Well, don't give up hope. Jeff is in 4th and Eman is in 10th. The magic number is 13. Just think about the final placement (1st = 1 pt, 2nd = 2 pt, etc.).

If Jeff stays in 4th and Eman moves up to 9th or better, Canada can send 3 men to Olympics and Worlds next year.
    If Eman stays in 10th and Jeff moves up to 3rd or beter, Canada sends 3 next year.
    If Jeff drops to 5th and Eman moves up to 8th or better, 3 men go next year
    If Jeff drops to 6th (and I won't go any lower for him - I don't see it happening) and Eman moves up to 7th or better, 3 men go next year
    If Eman moves to 11th, Jeff must finish 2nd or 1st for Canada to send 3 men.
    If Eman finishes in 12th, Jeff must win so Canada can send 3 men
    If Eman drops to 13th or less, forget about it.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)
    Last edited by hrmsk8ngnutt; 03-15-2005 at 06:31 PM. Reason: adding ifs for Jeff

Custom Title
    I actually think Eman had a good Sp and was robbed. Singling that axel really killed him but his spins were great, footwork was incredible and he landed a 4-3 (though maybe it was 2 footed, looked close on the landing). I thought his SP was much better than Weir's SP.

I wonder what the new scoring system is doing psychologically to the skaters? It is quite stunning to see high quality skaters being ranked in the teens when they are being separated within 3 points (give or take). Under the old system, Tim would have been held up (at least top 10). Sandhu is not that far from a medal points wise... if he has a great skate he can make up those points. Though mentally I imagine it's quite hard to skate in an earlier group because under the old system, they would hold the scores for the later skaters.

Rinkside
    But singling the axel is murder. At least do the double. Falling on an element is better than not even attempting it.

Well, don't give up hope. Jeff is in 4th and Eman is in 10th. The magic number is 13. Just think about the final placement (1st = 1 pt, 2nd = 2 pt, etc.).
    Have to admit, I posted this during the event. Lucky for Eman, it wasn't a great night of SPs and lucky for Ben, Shawn and Chris, etc Jeff was last night. There's still a shot at four spots.

Did anyone watch on CBC and catch Barb's, "No! " when he popped that axel??? I was LOL. Eman has to work this summer on doing every program with all jumps attempted. In CoP, you can't pop. Falls are worth so much more than a pop. If he'd only rotated that axel he could have jumped into the top ten. He drives me nuts :banging: because I watch his SP and the spins are gorgeous, the footwork awesome, interpretation great and he can do the jumps in his sleep but he pops them and ruins his chances every time. Can anyone remember a skate in the past four years where he did not pop a jump? Is it becoming a bad habit that's hard to break???

Buttle "Catch The Victory" ~ Torino 2006
    "Oh Emanual ..."

Geesh we sure hear that alot lately !!!! You know with this new system, "popping" ANY jump especially in the Short Program will cost you HUGE! And that is exactly what happened to Eman last night.

People always say now "which Eman will we see tonight .." Well we saw "the good" and the "bad" from him tonight.

Custom Title
    They used to say the same thing about Paul Wylie, and he finally rose to the occasion!

Rinkside

This is true...Paul Wylie used to fall all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by Aloft04
    They used to say the same thing about Paul Wylie, and he finally rose to the occasion!
    I still have high high hopes for Sandhu. He's unique and such a pleasure to watch.