Ladies - Qualifying B - Notes from Rosaleen | Golden Skate

Ladies - Qualifying B - Notes from Rosaleen

Rosaleen

Medalist
Note: The following reports are copyright Golden Skate. Please, while you may provide links to reports, do not copy & paste them elsewhere. Thank you.

Please don't post in this thread (it's easier for me), use the thread for the event marked 'comments'. Thanks

And we'll be on our way in 1 minute

Rosaleen

Medalist
HUN Julia Sebestyen Start 1
Notes Music: Carmen wearing red / music starts with bell tolling and snare drum / 3f is lovely / back to this end of the ice for a 3z that she slid off her edge on the landing on / 3l landed right on beat of music / and the music picks up for her flycam that is nice & centered / popped 3s to a double / sideways layback switching to normal then foot to head / music stops and changes to soft & flowey and a little chor / back to this end of the ice for an airy double lutz / inside out spiral starts the seq / 3t2t in almost the same place as both lutzes / 2a turns into 2t / combo spin is ok as music fades to nothing and then picks up with beat that the sparse crwod is clapping to and into her S frtwrk that somehow isn't lively enough for the music -- mind you it is 10am / and into a flycam spin to end the program and she looks completely wiped out / pb 107.60 /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CAN Joannie Rochette Start 2
Music: Firebird wearing orange with feathers on top shading to purple skirt - much nicer than it sounds and I'm sure we've all seen it / big chord to start and then into fluttery type sound with chor to match / and down towards me for 3t2t2t / back to corner for 3z2t / and some chor with split jumps right on the trill of the music / popped loop to single / and some more 'bird' chor / into 2a / and now the flycam which is slow but right with music / and a pause as music changes a bit and become melodic & flowey and into a 3z / far end of rink for 3f - fell / combo spin is quite good ending in Y and right into her layback / and music is building a little for S spiral seq / now the familiar building music and some great chor to match and I just missed something, a 2a?? / fly cam spin to end and right with music / pb is 113.08

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
AZE Daria Timoshenko Start 3
Notes music: Black Hawk Down soundtrack / wearing black skirt with illusion on top with strategically placed black design / somebre music with middle eastern sounding horn? / 2z / 3l that was underrot and stumbled out of / music changes and starts to build and get faster and down this way for a 3s that she doubles / 3t landed on wrong foot and stumbled out / a bit of chor into a flycam to donut to beillman that maintains good speed / music pauses & softens and some chor and posing into a bit of an upright spin that was only about 4 revs / back this way for a 2f / inside out spiral with very nice extension starts the sequence that doesn't seem to have enough spirals in it / bad pick on a lutz that was singled / 1a / O ftwrk as the music starts to have some life and gets very loud with drum beats and then into combo spin that has a beillman on both feet / pb is 83.92

Rosaleen

Medalist
KOR Ji Eun Choi Start 4
Notes Music: Le Cygne, Dumsky Trio wearing light blue / 2s2t2l / 2z2t / 2a / sorry now caught up after trying to fix Joannie (forgot to put her name in) / layback spin - cheat sheet says flying layback - would like to have seen this but I missed it (replay, please- guess it's a little early for me / I missed a couple of things here, will get them from the tech on my monitor 2t / 3t / 2a / layback to beillman is lovely / music now changes and picks up and the strt steps hae some speed & flow to them / music slows again and 3s / combo spin cam to donut to catch foot to back cam to catch foot is very nicely done / there were some lovely qualities to this program / pb 81.43 /

Rosaleen

Medalist
USA Sasha Cohen Start 5
Notes Music: Nutcracker wearing shades of pink / some nice chor to the soft opening music / 3z that was badly flutzed - without cheat sheet it would have been a flip in my book - 2t2t also think the z ws 2fted / 3f2t / 3l under rot fell / flycam is very nice / now I'm caught up / 3z at my end that I swear was a flip - not even into corner to indicate that she was setting up a z / not sure what I saw at the far end of rink - will fill in with tech results / 2a is very nice / and into her layback which again is very good / music is building for her spiral seq / and softens for her 3s and into her O ftwrk that is phrased just right with the music / fly sit spin is good but doesn't last very long / cam to outside edge starts the combo spin that ends with leg in split to front (we all know this pos) / pb is 130.89 / tech has her jumps as - 3z2t2t / 3f2t / 2l / 3f / 3t3s seq / 2a / 3s / and spins & ftwrk were all level 2

Rosaleen

Medalist
CHN Yan Liu Start 6
Notes Music: Happiness by Bao San wearing bright blue - lighter at top shading to darker skirt / very soft piano music and some chor to match violin joins in and music is building a little / 3z2t / now music really builds 3f at far end of rink / back this way for a 3l fell - fully rot though I think / spin that I didn't really see / 3t / pause at boards for strt steps as music changes and has lots of quick drums - steps are ok / music changes and has aaaaaaaaaahhhh's for very short layback spin that I didn't get time to enjoy / 3t2t / 3s / flycam with nice pos - again seemed to have just themin revs / spirals as music builds - nice pos on 1st 2 tried to catch her skate on 3rd but couldnot quite grab it / 2a off axis and step out / into combo spin to end the program / pb 82.59 /

Rosaleen

Medalist
FIN Susanna Poykio Start 7
Notes Music: Romeo & Juliet wearing while on top with light yellow skirt / some nice chor to start and down towards me for 3s with a turnout / music has a fanfare now and a bit of chor / down the ice for 3z hands down 2t / 2l / cam sit Y back cam catch foot spin ends as music fades / now into the soft melody we all know and love and some chor into a lovely layback that matches the music perfectly / 3f / back to the other end for 3t as music picks up and into O ftwrk that ebbs & flows with the music / music slows and starts to build 2a / flycam with bit of layover pos to Y / 3f1t at far end of rink and into spiral seq heading back towards me / butterfly to back sit - finished after her music and the clock on my monitor is showning 4:13 / pb 102.3 /

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Elena Sokolova Start 8
Notes Music: Romeo & Juliet by Tchaikovski wearing black / 3z2t2l not sure of quality of l as it was right at the boards near me and couldn't really see it / 3f or was it a 2 - it was a 2 / music softens and some chor / 3s / sideways layback to regular with foot to head / some chor as music builds / popped z to single after very deliberate set up / frlycam is excellent / music is almost overpowering her as she starts her spirals / skating around for a bit with no real chor / 3l / then 3t / combo spin is quite good / O ftwrk as music is building again but isn't quite so overpowering / 2a / butterfly into fly cam that ends with open leg / and her dress isn't black when seen up closer but it's very dark / pb 98.42

Rosaleen

Medalist
BUL Sonia Radeva Start 9
Notes Music: Selection by Gevorkian wearing red skirt and what appears to gold gold on top but can't quite get a handle on it from here / 3t2t / 3f / 2astep 2t / some chor as music becomes flowey and now into an inside out spiral, spread eagle and back spiral that goes from back to side / fell on a 2l / combo spin is centered with good speed / 3t / layback spin has good pos & speed / 3s step out pos 2ft / sit ch sit ending in upright with foot held in front / pb 65.71 /

Rosaleen

Medalist
HUN Viktoria Pavuk Start 10
Notes Music: Morricone medley wearing bright peach / 3z turnout 2t / 3l? / 3f fell / layback has very nice pos with arms in 1st part to beillman / music changes and start to build 2a with jerky landing / 3z / spirals as music speeds up and gets some base pretty good extension / 3s / cam spin with very poor extension starts the combo spin / music gets heavier and faster and down the ice for 3t that I think might have been doubled / strt steps as music gets faster and they're very good and with music / flycam with poor extension into illusions/ fly sit ends in foot in front / pb is ?? /

Rosaleen

Medalist
Zamboni break now and I'm off to get some coffee so maybe I'll be a bit more awake and quicker with the next 2 flights. I slept in today and didn't get my usual dose of coffee before I headed to the rink.

Rosaleen

Medalist
GER Annette Dytrt Start 11
Notes Music: Sparatcus wearingbright light blue with bits hanging off back / a bit of chor to plaintiff opening bars / nice high 3z / drums and music picks up and into 3s2t / some chor and turns into a 3f / flycam is landed right on beat of music as it starts to build to a crescendo as she poses / and the soft familiar melody starts with some chor / 3l fell on side / 3t landed with weight a bit back but hung on / combo spin is nicely done and spirals start on crescendo of music and are good / 3s step out / 2a2t / layback is ok good speed / music changes to very fast for O ftwrk that moves very well and chor to music / combo spin starts with cam that needs more extension and ends in scratch / that was over very fast / pb 86.58 /

Rosaleen

Medalist
RSA Shirene Human Start 12
Notes Music: Peter Pan soundtrack wearing black with semi sheer upper back & sleeves / soft music opens the program / 2t2t2l / 2s landed on beat of music / music picks up for layback with very nice pos / music continues to build 2z2l fell on loop / combo spin was very short - I was checking cheat sheet as it says the z is f but setup for for a z / 2t / strt ftwrk is a bit simple / flycam has nice fly to inside edge / 2a2t steps 2t fell / music fades and starts up again very soft / beatiful ina almost full length of rink into a 2f / back inside out spiral starts the seq that maintains good flow / 2a / cam outside edge back cam sit ch sit layback as music fades to end / she's capable of much better jumps (or at least was) - no triples landed / pb 58.57

Rosaleen

Medalist
TUR Tugba Karademir Start 13
Notes Music: Barracunda, Terra Querida, Tango wearing light turqoise / flycam with long inside edge and pos variations is fast & centered / 3s turnout 2t / 3s fell / cam sit A back cam catch foot layback as a balloon pops in this audience (some company has been handing out balloons to the fans coming in / cam ch cam with nice pos variations as music changes to something that sounds somewhat Greek to me, but not fast - maybe what I think are accordians? / spirals are quite ok / 2a / think I missed an earlier 2a2t combo or seq / not sure what that last jump was a 2f? With a 2ft / 3s fell / 2a landed right on beat of music / strt steps are fairly complex and right with music / flycam with bent leg layover ends in upright variations / pb 69.23 /

Rosaleen

Medalist
SWE Lina Johansson Start 14
Notes Music: Otonal wearing sparkley periwinkle / 2z / 3f2t / flycam with layover to catchfoot ends right with music / and big piano runs in music as it builds in volume and then fades for 3l / fly sit spin to leg in front as music changes and is more melodic / 3t2t / 2a on a lean fell / music really builds and speeds up for spirals which are ok but get slow at the end / 3t / 3s fell / O ftwrk is moving quite well and flows with music / layback with foot to head is fast / split jump on beat of music into combo spin which is fast & centered with nice pos / into another spin that I think was actually supposed to be part of the previous spin - not sure was techs will do with it / pb 76.42 /

Rosaleen

Medalist
JPN Miki Ando Start 15
Notes Music: Firebird wearing dark red with gold accents / bit of bird movement at opening strains of music / 3z2t is well done / 3s / 3f2t bit shakey on landing of flip / flycam is a bit slow but has very nice pos / music is building (very different cuts than Joannie so far)/ 3l / music crescendo and stops and now into familiar melody for layback spin that is excellent and music starts to build for spirals that are good except for bit of wobble on one of the back ones / music continues to build / 3z / flycam with layvoer into sit into leg hor to ice in front/ music is building for the diag steps that match it very well and into a charlotte into 3t2t / 2a / cam outside edge sit layback back sit leg in front hor scratch to end the program / good, but not great skate, but I think she'll be happy with this for qualifying / pb 119.46 /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CRO Idora Hegel Start 16
Notes Music: Don Juan de Marco soundtrack / wearing black with pink & fushia flowers on top and skirt tinted pink at hem - much nicer than it sounds / a bit of chor to get us started / 3z3t / 3f / and music pauses and starts up again / 2a / flycam has very good speed & nice pos to inside edge / 3s flipped out / layback with head to foot is fast & centered / this music is kind of weird it seems to keep starting and stopping / spirals are ok / long setup into 3l / 3t2t / upright spin at end of rink and into strt ftwrk as music speeds up and the steps go well with it and move well / 3s2t toe was almost an afterthought and she hopped out of it / combo spin ends with leg in front / pb 88.14 /

Rosaleen

Medalist
EST Elena Glebova Start 17
Notes Msuic: Salome wearing elegant black velvet with turtleneck and open back bit of red at wrist & hip / 3t3t fell on 2nd one / 2a 1/2l turns 3s hand down / 3l fell / there hasn't been anything to speak of in the way of chor so far in the program except the opening moves / 2f / cam sit chg beillman ok spin / spirals are ok / 2z / upright spin with beiilman / popped s / I just missed something / O ftwrk is slow and quite deliberate and while you can see it is supposed to be chor to music it isn't connecting / 2a 2t / spin to end the program which I didn't really see / I seem to remember her impressing me at Jr Worlds, but she was missing something today.
/ pb 66.61 /j

Rosaleen

Medalist
BEL Sara Falotico Start 18
Notes Music: Amelie (soundtrack) wearing bight peach with silver sequins / soft piano to start and some chor to set the mood / 3t2t poss a 2l on end of it - planned but I looked down at the wrong time / 3z fell out / 3s 2ft step out turn 2t / flycam sit upright is slow and travels / now the music is familiar melodic with ocean sounds and it builds / 2a 2ft step out / music softens now for spirals and becomes a bit sticcatto for combo spin with is soso / fly cam is very loopy & slow / music builds again 3t / into O ftwrk which moves well and flows / layback spin to end that I didn't really see / pb 77.32 /