Pairs - Free Program - Notes from Rosaleen | Golden Skate

Pairs - Free Program - Notes from Rosaleen

Rosaleen

Medalist
Note: The following reports are copyright Golden Skate. Please, while you may provide links to reports, do not copy & paste them elsewhere. Thank you.

Please don't post in this thread (it's easier for me), use the thread for the event marked 'comments'. Thanks

Sorry everyone, technical difficulties getting set up again in the arena after going to the press room to work for the 2 hours between ladies & pairs, had to re-boot my laptop twice. Think I'm about ready now and don't know if I'll actually see the next 2 teams but I'll try.

Rosaleen

Medalist
ISR Shapiro / Akolzin Start 1
Notes didn't see them skate, getting set up

SVK Bestandigova / Bestandig Start 2
Notes didn't see them skate, getting set up

BUL Spassova / Todorov Start 3
Notes didn't really see them skate, busy getting organized but have to comment on his light gold lame pants - they look like gold tin foil - her skirt is made of the same thing but there isn't as much of it. They were skating to Prince of Egypt

LAT Boguslavska / Brovenko Start 4
Notes didn't see them skate, had to make a ‘personal’ trip – the lineups for the ladies here are worse than anything at home and there isn’t a ladies except the regular public ones <G>

I'm back now, though and the next group is on the ice for their warm-up

Rosaleen

Medalist
USA Orscher / Lucash Start 5
Notes Music: Samson & Delilah Costumes: her in mauve with lots of glitter him in match cross-over tunic top & dark pants / soft opening music has nice light beat and they're around for the 3tw which is relatively high but not the tretiest catch / sbs 3t both clean him turning forward a bit quicker than her into 2t / thr 3f is clean / and back this way for sbs 3t that I think are clean - he may have brushed free foot going through / overhead lift to star to carry with her doing a hand stand on his thighs / spirals are nested inside out or outside in into her in Y / bods with her exiting in catch foot / some chor now to music I'm swaying to / toe over head to no hands star with nice exit / a bit of chor into sbs fly cam back sit out of sync near exit but spins had good speed / thr 3s she might have put a hand down / music is building now hip lift to sideways star with nice turnover exit / sbs steps she had a problem near the beginning not quite sure what happened / bids start with her holding skate / pair spin with him in camel her in variations change feet to a semi sit by both facing each other / pretty good program but I didn't get drawn into it, possibly because I'm so busy writing what they're doing - pairs takes a lot of words to describe <G> /

Rosaleen

Medalist
FRA Pla / Bonheur Start 6
Notes Music: Austin Powers Costumes: him in white top with hot pink accents her in hot pink and I mean hot / some chort to softer music then music builds / sbs 3t he fell out turns 2t / thr 3l is huge / a bit of chor as music builds some more and speeds up / 3tw is good - not a perfect catch / toe overhead to one hand with flip out / music softens and some chor and playing to the judges / thr 3s on a lean step out / sbs 2s by both of them / bods doesn't get very low or last very long / spiral seq doesn't have any spiral by him?? / sumersault into h to h lift that goes to a carry / music changes with trumpet blast and sbs spins are out of sync almost the whole time / familiar tune that a few of the crowd is clapping to now more start up - strt steps are pretty good / lift with change of hand / dancing around at this end of the rink to the familiar music / weird kind of lift that she does a hand stand but it never goes over his head - problem with it? / fids and pair spin that I didn't really see while trying to get caught up with the writing / pb is 91.80 / they have 49.55 from the short /

Rosaleen

Medalist
EST Rennik / Saks Start 7
Music: Allegretto, Adagio, Sahara Costumes: her in red him in red shirt dark pants / they start right off around the rink into thr 3s that she just hangs on to / music is building and crowd is clapping / thr 3l pitched forward on landing but clean / toe over head to one hand - 2 hand set down / music slows / pair spin flycam sit pretty much in sync the whole time / spirals start with her going back him front then nested back spirals / sbs 2f turns 2s - she singled / hip lift to star with one hand to upside down splits that I'm glad was at the far end of rink, wouldn't want that view / 2tw is on the low side but clean / sbs 2t / spiral into bods that was pretty good / step overhead with no change of hands or pos / fids starts with her backward in Y spiral then he changes pivot to front / sbs steps except for pause at centre ice is done with then holding each other in various dance type holds / unique lift that I'd classify as a dance lift that goes into her upside down in splits / pair spin to end / and she's cut on her knee and bleeding - don't know when that happened / pb 69.35 / have 43.53 from the short /

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
UZB Aganina / Knyazev Start 8
Notes Music: Quidam from Cirque du soleil Costumes: her in pale blue him in maroon with shiny piece around his waist / right and I mean right into hip lift / some chor at centre ice and now they're moving / sbs 2a bit far apart but clean turns 2f that she under rot and stumbles out of / thr 2a is big and she turns forward a bit quick / 2tw is low with not a great catch / thr 2l / a bit of chor and acting now for a bit / sbs flycam are out of sync into sit that were better but did go out as well / true lasso lift with her stepping through and one hand set down / sbs spirals with foot outstretched to side to inside out / bods start with him skating forward but I'm not sure that he ever eally goes to a pivot / pause and dance at end of boards into strt steps down centre ice - they're ok / sbs 2f / true lasso lift with no change of hands or pos / fids has 2 revs / back nested spirals into back cam spin change to sit / at least for me the music was pretty much background through out the program / pb 76.35 / 44.44 from the short /

Rosaleen

Medalist
USA Inoue / Baldwin Start 9
Notes Music: Transsiberian Orchestra Medley Costumes: her in ivory with lots of glitters (a new adjective I've rediscovered tonight) him in black with white on one side of chest and white fluttery fabric on sleeve / they start separated and back toward each other to piano and now in reverse positions / music picks up and they're down for their sbs 3z and both did it I'm sure / back towards me for a 3tw with a not great catch / music changes to ode to joy / thr 3s and they pause and now music is back to the big sound from the start / sbs walley into 2a turns 2a and the ba ba ba bum / lift to star to lateral star / music softens again and sbs fly cam bit far apart but sync seems very good / nested spirals sto start seq change and nested backwards / music is big and flowey and so are they / thr 3l very nice / toe over head to step through to one hand and one hand set down / and they're really skating well and nice bods with variations and then into bids with variaitons and music is now familiar fast and crowd is clapping along / true lasso with pos change I think but no hand change not sure / sbs steps include double or triple twizzles in unison very well done and they a semi lift around into closing pose / great skate by them / I'll have to check the replay for the sbs z's to be sure of them / pb is 103.3 / 54.98 from the short / he loos happy but she doesn't so much / sbs lutz were called as doubles /

Rosaleen

Medalist
UKR Volosozhar / Morozov Start 10
Notes Music: Moonlight Sonata Costumes: dark royal blue almost purple / familiar piano and some chor at centre ice to start / around to me for sbs 3t turns 3t he fell out of the 2nd one / 3tw is lateral and highand floaty so I thought it was only a double / sbs 3s he had a wild free leg and she seemed to finish early - not sure if she doubled / thr 3l was too big and she fell and slid / one hand press lift with change of hands / some chor in front of the judges / sbs flycam are a bit far apart and got out of sync for a revs or so near the end / bods doesn't really get down low enough with variation on exit / some more chor at centre ice / they're really moving with the music though / thr 3s way pitched forard on landing and hand down / true lasso that turns one way they the other with nice pos variation by here / spirals are almost all her and I see why he can barely get his leg up above his hip / bids doesn't last long enough for me / some more chor or maybe it's their strt steps - yes it has to be / the crowd is very silent - but that intense kind of silence / nice lift that I can't really describe / pair spin as music fades to just a few chords / now I know I can get into a program tonight while still writing because I was into both this program and Inoue and Baldwin's -- that's part of why I can't really describe the last lift / pb 98.72 / 55.75 from the short /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CAN Wakamatsu / Fecteau Start 11
Notes Music: The Last Emporer soundtrack Costumes: her in purple kimono him in black / start facing each other on one knee and bow and a bit of chor / music is soft Japanese / thr 3l might have put free foot down too quick / 3tw caught right on beat of music but not the prettiest catch / sbs 3t2t in sync and clean / sbs 2a he stepped out / pair spin opposing camels to sit change to him in sit her in camel to upside down / music is building a bit and true lasso to one hand to upside down exit / nice little carry for effect / music changes to very soft guitar like strummiing and some nice chor to match and now a kind of ahh / hip lift to star to carry with him going into aravesque and the crowd loved it / thr 3s low landing and think she put her hand down / spirals go to facing shoot duck like pos and then to foot extended to side / short spin with her upside down / music changes with quite a beat and crowd clapped for a minute / sbs spins have great pos but are in and out of sync / fids with change of hand has 2 revs I believe / sbs steps down the boards and in sync with music and each other / music is really building now and they're into their hip lift with her I splits and he drops her (intentionallly) into their final pose / not a really great skate but the crowd appreciated it and they get a good response from them / pb is 107.00 / 57.19 from the short /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CAN Marcoux / Buntin Start 12
Notes Music: Moscow Nights, Meadowland Costumes dark red & navy blue / some chor at centre ice and then the music starts and the crowd is clapping already lightly / sbs 3t turns into 2t big cheer from crowd / etw is pretty good better catch than most of the others so far / thr 3l is good and big cheer from crowd / true lasso lift got almost all the way up but came down / bods is very nice and music softens / a bit of chor into pair spin that has very nice pos and speed ending in facing sits to upright / spirals nested inside out into nested back spirals / music is building and into sbs 3t - not sure if he doubled / bids with pos variation on entrance / sbs flycam landed right on beat of music - spins were good but went in and out of synfc / familiar gypsy tyupe music and the crowd is clapping loudly in usinson / lasso lift - this one is good and the crowd is clapping louder / thr 3 s from carry entrance / O ftwrk has the crowd trying to keep up with the music and they're stuggling to do it / back h to h lift to helicopter and exit has the crowd cheering - great reception for them - the flower girls (and boy) are out to collect the toys / pb is 110.24 / 55.94 from the short /

Rosaleen

Medalist
POL Zagorska / Siudek Start 13
Notes Music: The Mission Costumes: light yellow at top shading through pink to fushia him with dark pants / opening pose has her in upside down spits on his shoulders / and I love this music - nice soft but dynamic / down for sbs 3t she doubled turns into 2t / thr 3s is great / stroking right with music as it builds / shoot duck through his legs right into lasso lift with multiple one hand pos crowd loved it / back this way for sbs 3t and he doubled this one not sure about her / fids with her starting by laying her foot on his leg is great / 3tw is very good / and I'm getting very far behind them on my writing / can't remember the spirals, sorry / thr 2l (because of her injury I gues) the great lift where they go into a carry / pair spin is good / and sumersault into lift / bods with great variations / and she jumps into his arms on the closing beat of the music / there's at least one polish flag flying - we saw it on the screen / pb is 115.40 / 60.02 from the short /

Rosaleen

Medalist
GER Savchenko / Szolkowy Start 14
Notes Music: Casablance soundtrack Costumes: her in red with one shoulder with goldaccents on top him in black with red V inset - she took a long time jumps and skating a bit before they took their positions / music opens with fanfare and they're around the far end and coming this way for sbs 3t clean turns 3t clean he was pitched forward but didn't put hand donw / 3tw is lateral / sbs 2 axels - he had trouble / bods is ok I think - didn't really see it / music softens and slows / true lassoe with one hand set down / pair spin start with him in sit and then change to nest came with him doing a rev over her into him in backi spin her in camel / pause at end of boards while music changes to you must remember this and they do mirror back the forth ftwrk up the centre of the ice / and now they're actually in dance hold skating down to the far end of rink / fanfare again and true lasso with her with legs together / sbs flycam starts spins in as perfect sync as I've seen this wek - they were great from my angle / lift that I didn't really see - I mean I saw it but can't tell you what it was / thr ? Was clean / spirals as music gets really flowing are very good / fids / thr 3s into their final pose / the crowd loved it - very good reception / and I thoroughly enjoyed that skate as well / showing Ingo's reaction to something in their program / pb 102.20 / 58.74 from short

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Obertas / Slavnov Start 15
Notes Music: Katiusha Under Moscow Skies Costumes: the brightest fluorscent green I've ever seen him with black pants - huge ovation from the crowd as they were introduced / music starts with trumpets then very quickloy into driving disco type beat (in my old fashioned terms) crowd is clapping madly / huge lateral 4tw but crashy catch orignally had it as 3tw that’s why the catch wsa a bit crashy / sbs 3t she was pitched foraward but clean into 3t think she 2fted / crowd is clapping so loud it's hard to hear the music at times / thr 3f / sbs 3t she might have 2ft again / lasso lift that goes into carry with him in spread eagle / bods / and I'm caught up again as music changes and slow and they do some chor at centre ice / now a bell tolling and ahhhs / thr 3l - she fell / spirals outside in with her in beillman the again with her in leg to side / lasso lift to one hand to change hand to her lying upside down and him going to one foot glide / sbs flycam sit open leg where lhe lost it change to other foot and I can't remember what they did / music picks up ans crowd is clapping madly and a sort of 1/2 lift I'm not sure what it ws supposed to be / another lift that I can't really describe then a bids with variations that made it look like something went wrong but I'm not sure that it did / pair spin with her bent under one of his knees (like Bere/Sikh) / I'm not sure what to make of the program -- in some ways it seemed to me like a series of tricks and not a real program like the last few teams have had. It was difficult, maybe too difficult - not sure what I mean, much less expecting you to understand / pb 113.51 /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CHN Pang / Tong Start 16
Notes Music: Butterfly Lovers Costumes: her in pink him in shades of light blue & purple pants - it does work / some nice chor to the soft openeing music / huge lateral 3tw / sbs 3t turns into 2a that she kind of stumbled out of / thr 3s is just huge and airy / sbs camsit tuck back sit to inside edge - think a tiny bit out at one point / some chor and true lasso lift to one hand to change of pos - carries good speed / some chor and into sbs 2a that I think she singled / thr 3l is huge / bods was over almost before I saw it / some pretty chor and into spiral seq - that is very pretty but I think moves a little slow across the ice / lasso lift to one hand to hip / fids with him cahnging pivot / music picks up for sbs steps that are in sync with music and each other / music picks up and becomes bigger for hip lift to carry to more turns / pair spin has some very nice matching pos and keeps good speed & centering / that might drop them a place esp with Obe/slav doing the 4tw / pb 121.88 / 64.02 from the short /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CHN Zhang / Zhang Start 17
Notes Music: In the Hall of the Mountain King Costumes: her in light blue with navy & silver accents, him in the reverse / crouched in opening pos and music starts with heavy beat that the crowd is clapping to / down the rink and around for a beautiful airy 3tw lateral / sbs 2a she was on a lean but saved it into 3t her lean was worse and she fell / thr 3s landede as music speeds up / sbs spins are far apart but in sync they did a flyover to back sit and he almost lost it but managed to hang on and get back in sync / lift that happened while I was writing the last bit / sbs 3s clean and landed as music changes to soft & lyrical / spirals are nice and with music / bods starts with her holding foot and has 2 revs / thr 3l she's fine but he almost falls on the throw / lasso lift that goes to a carry / and we're back to the crowd clapping music and he dances around her / into fids that I saw but don't remember enough to write anything spefcial about / O ftwrk as music is speeding up a tinge / lasso lift with changes of pos / he swings her around into pair spin with multiple pos & foot changes and into final pos on beat of music / and she is not happy & he's holding his lower back in pain - wonder if he did something on that throw / pb 121.90 / 64.19 from the short /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CHN Shen / Zhao Start 18
Notes withdrew due to his injury - I wasn't watching them on warm-up so didn't notice anything

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Totmianina / Marinin Start 19
Notes Music: Sheherazade Costumes black with fluroscent orange accents / music starts out very dark / sbs 3s in perfect sync / sbs 3t2t she wsan't really steady on the 1st one and hopps out of the 2nd / some nice gliding posing with music / music picks up a bit / lateral 3tw with a crashy catch /thr 3l / hip lift to one handed star with her swinging around his back for dismount / music softens and some nice posing and chor / true lasso lift to one hand doesn't cover much ice / thr 3s landed to huge chers from the crowd / pair spin starts out backward then forward opping camels and makes nice shape with final pos / music gets cheerful & bouncy and the crowd is claplping as they do a bids / sbs spins start out good and then I looked down so am not sure how they ended up / music is really building for S ftwrk that, while it seems to match the music does move very fast or flow / lasso lift form a different entrance, maybe her coming gthrough his legs ? , sorry not sure / fids into final pose / I don't know if it's because I'm still disappointed that shen/zhao had to withdraw or not, but that program didn't really grab me the way I wish it had -- the way their short program did (which was the best thing I think I've seen them do) / pb 126.78 / 70.12 from the short

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Petrova / Tikhonov Start 20
Music: The circus princess Costumes: black with silver accents / they take their time getting into position / some big moves to big opening music / sbs 2a in perfect sync to 3t that he hopped out of / music fades and changes to the bouncey music we know and the crowd is clapping / sbs 3s he doubled / 3tw is good - catch a bit crashy / thr 3l step out / they aren't having a good night so far / lasso lift to one hand to change to no hand on her side / spirals facing each other start with inside out / trumpet fanfare into bouncey music again and lasso lift that I'd swear except for the flip exit is exactly the same as the previous one / sbs spins - only saw the last bit and it was in sync / music fades crowd keeps clapping until music picks up with waltzy music / thr 3s is big and landed to huge cheers / he picks her up and they swings her into a lift that goes into a carry / bods with him change pivot / strt steps to the march that has the crowd clapping madly / nice over the back spnny lift into pair spin to end the program - something wasn't quite right with that spin either / pb 121.12 / 66.94 from the short /

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
That's it for the pairs for this year. . . they're putting out the stuff for the medal ceremony. See you tomorrow for the OD's