Men - Free Program - Notes from Rosaleen | Golden Skate

Men - Free Program - Notes from Rosaleen

Rosaleen

Medalist
Note: The following reports are copyright Golden Skate. Please, while you may provide links to reports, do not copy & paste them elsewhere. Thank you.

Please don't post in this thread (it's easier for me), use the thread for the event marked 'comments'. Thanks

The men are just finishing their warm-up and we're on our way -- here's hoping for a good night of skating.

Rosaleen

Medalist
CHN Min Zhang Start 1
Notes Music: Danse Macabre Costume: black with silver sequin X design on front / soft music to start and a bit of chor as he moves towards me / drum beats as he heads down the ice for a 4t2t / and now music picks up / 4s2t not really pretty landing on sal but clean / fly cam spin has nice layout pos / 3z / some dancing and chor as music ends and changes / nice & soft and some chor with spread eagles at centre ice in front of judges / death drop has great fly and centred spin in good pos - a little slow / some chor chor to the far end of the rink and back this way for 3f3t / O ftwrk flows well but maybe a little simple / 3l / music is building again 3f bit swingy on the landing / music is really building now / 3s / and into S ftwrk that moves well / 1a / combo spin is ok - nothing wrong with it / sit ch sit is centered in good pos & relatively fast / pb 125.02 / has 84.93 coming in /

Rosaleen

Medalist
ITA Karel Zelenka Start 2
Notes Music: Lord of the Dance Costume: white shirt with black pants / music starts with bell tolling and then into deep aaaahhhhs / and a bit of chor and then around this way for a big 2a (that was meant to be a 3) / music picks up a beat and a little chor down to the far end of the rink for a 3f3t / flysit to inside edge to twisted pos and the music is REALLY building - almost too much / 2a / now we have a slow heavy beat and some chor and it starts speeding up / popped z to single - bad pick I think / sit ch sit with inside edge of front tuck on back then front again and to an A and outside edge that completely died / music is soft & slow now and a little bit of chor / 3l that I'm sure was doubled / 3z2t / this music is asking for chor and there really isn't any right now / 3f / S ftwrk that doesn't have enough to it / now we're into the familiar quick beat and the crowd is clapping and I think I missed a jump - 3s / combo spin right at the boards in front of me / strt steps as the music is building and these again need more steps / upright scratch spin to end the program / pb ? Probably what he got in q's /

Rosaleen

Medalist
AUT Viktor Pfeifer Start 3
Notes Music: Art on Ice Costume: black with with red diagonal sash effect and on one sleeve / 2a right out of the gate / 3z fell / 3f3t pitched forward a bit / music is slowing building / 3s 3t just barely hung on to the / camel spin with great extension then quic kly into a bent leg on outside edge / music is smooth & melodic / 3f / 3l / flycam with nice fly and pos variation to sit to ?? Lost track as I was behind in writing / set up at far end of boards for strt ftwrk the is quite ok / axel that went up way off and he bailed on / then a 2a2t / cam set tuck 1/2 sit tuck / the music seems to be getting away from him during this section / O ftwrk is good and he's backi on track with the music / flycam with variations in pos / He's happy - really I think he was just very happy to have made the free -which ensures a spot in the Olympics for AUT. / pb 99.60 / carries 80.42 points /

Rosaleen

Medalist
SUI Jamal Othman Start 4
Notes Music: Night Bird, Edith and Marcel Costume: black semi sheer blousey top with bit of glitter - black pants / music starts off very soft with piano and he's right into an S ftwrk that shows his gorgeous line and extension / 3z3t2t / 2a hop 2a / 3f bit wild on the free leg / camel to catch foot that is just gorgeous (yes, I'm over-using that word, but it is) / 3turns into 3l / music changes and we have a sax? and some chor into flycam that has numerous great pos including upside down catch foot / 3s / some chor ending in a catch knee spiral / 3z that might have been 2footed / cam to outside edge sit twisted back cam open leg layback / music picks up and we have quite the beat of drums / split jump / 2z2t / strt steps that he fell on 1/2 way through / 1a / death drop to sinide edge to front sit with arms extended behind him /

Rosaleen

Medalist
ISR Roman Serov Start 5
Notes Music: World of Technology, Children Costume: Black with green & white design on it / music starts with bell tolling and wind sounds / 3z on lean but did it / now we hear a door open and music is building a little / 3a is nice but landing not good enough to put a jump onto / 3a both hands down 2t hopped out of it / music changes and we have a beat that the crowd is clapping to / flycam to donut is a little slow but well-centred / 3f2t and an I don't know to call the thrid jumps he attmepted - didn't get off ice really / combo spin that I was too far behind on my typing to get the details of / music is really fast now and the crowd is clapping loudly as he does his circular footwrk / music stops and picks up very softly light piano / 3z / 3L / 3S / sit ch sit with low pos as mucic builds with beat again and the crowd is clapping as he does his strt steps that have a little too long a pause dancing in one spot / 1a / butterfly back sit upright spin to end the program /

Rosaleen

Medalist
BLR Sergei Davydov Start 6
Notes Music: Nostalgia, One Man's Dream Costume: black semi sheer blousey top / some posing and movement at centre ice / around this way and back the other for a 3a - flipped out turns 2t / 3z2t / flycam is kind of a pos variation - doesn't really achieve the layover he's trying for / 2z right on beat of music / now soft piano music and some movment & chor as he heads into his strt steps that curve back & forth over the strt line / 3f2t / 3s / music is speeding up but still piano & melodic / combo spin is quite ok / long setup for 2l / music has developed a beat and and the crowd is starting to clap as he finishes his S ftwrk / 2t / 2a / fly sit spin then upright spin to end the program / sorry I had a hard time keeping my attention during his program /

Rosaleen

Medalist
GER Stefan Lindemann Start 7
Notes Music: The Big Bounce Costume: black with red on top covered by black lacey fabric / some chor with the music to set the program up / down to t far end 4t3t just great / a bit of chor as music gets a little louder / 3a a tiny bit tight on landing but clean / sit ch sit with twisted pos on back and attemp to go to inside edge / change of music a bit and a little chor into O ftwrk and the crowd is clapping but not in time with music / 3l / 3f / nd they just handed me a bulleting about skating times fo rthe final group and I missed some stuff - will get it off the monitor at the end / cam sit tuck upright back sit twisted inside edge (better this time) / 3z / spiral down centre ice and a bit of chor as music is very soft & slow piano / big pop on axel / flycam with layout pos then bent leg to catch foot / down this end of ice 3s / music has a bouncey beat and the crowd is clapping for the strt steps which work very well with it / 3t / flysit that didn't have many revs - probably because of sticking in the 3t right before it /

Rosaleen

Medalist
SWE Kristoffer Berntsson Start 8
Notes Music: Prince Igor Costume: shades of green & bown top over gold shirt brown pants / 3a turnout but stayed on one foot / 3t3t / sit ch sit with inside edge on front tuck on back / music is starting to build and he's around to the far end of the rink for a 3z / O ftwrk ends as music fades and some chor at centre ice as the familiar melody starts up and starts to speed up / 3a low & tight landing but held it 2t / 3l / fly cam sit back cam / back this way as music builds 3f just held off putting hand down / daig steps are ok and with music / 3s2t / dath drop to inside edge / some chor in front of the judges / 2a / cam sit tuck upright back sit open leg scratch / he's happy - understatement and so are the swedish fans /

Rosaleen

Medalist
BUL Ivan Dinev Start 9
Notes Music: Flamenco Costume: black with red shawl effect / some chor to slow guitar then down the ice / 3f3t2l / crowd is clapping with music / 3a is ok / 3z / 2a / cam ch cam ch cam has good pos and is centered but slow / music fades and starts up again and some chor & emoting at centre ice / 3a fell out / flycam with good pos sit open leg good speed on all pos this time / O ftwrk is a little slow across the ice but right with music and fairly complex / 3l with wild free leg but clean / 3t / 3s / again, I'm having a hard time not lettingmy attent wander - could it just be that it's been a long day? / sit ch sit to open leg spin is very well done - good end to the program /

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Sergei Dobrin Start 10
Notes Music: Opera Faust Costume white on top black bottom diagonal slashes joining the 2 colours / crowd went absolutely crazy when he stepped on the ice and then when he was introduced - they quietened very quickly when the music started / 3a 3t lean in air on axel but he pulled it off / 3a again in the same spot on ice really tight on landing after the same kind of lean as the 1st but he did it / 3z landed pitched forward but managed to tack a 2t on to it / flycam - didn't really see - busy writing / 3f / 3l / flysit to inside edge to back sit and out / 3z as the crowd cheers / strt steps as music changes and the crowd is clapping / music smooths out and some chor as it gains something that the crowd is trying to clap to 3s / some posing and chor at centre ice / 2a really swingy like the triples but he hangs on / didn't really see the spin while writing / O ftwrk and the crowd is clapping again as it ends and he's into his final combo spin and they're clapping right to the end / he should be proud of that performance - the jumps weren't perfect but he had the determination to hold on to the landings /

Rosaleen

Medalist
USA Timothy Goebel Start 11
Notes Music: Queen Symphony Costume: Black with bit of red at neck and hangy bits / music starts out fairly soft / 3s / now it's building a little / 4t fell might be short rot / some chor / and around the end towards me for 3a3t2l / 3t2t or might have been a sal for the 1st jump - I have always had trouble seeing when Tim pcks / fly sit ch sit / music is slow & plaintif and some chor / 3a fell / 3f / some more chor as he sets up for strt ftwrk / dums and aaaahhhhs and ftwrk has too many pauses for my liking but goes very well with the music / 3z2t / split jump spread / O ftwrk starts with twizzles and then fast turns on his toes / 3l / butterfly back sit that doesn't spin very fast / combo spin to end the program is quite good /

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
ROM Gheorghe Chiper Start 12
Notes Music: Gypsy Music Medley Costume black with red on one side of top / missed the 1st part fixing tim's stuff / 3a3t is great / now music picks up / 3z2t / sit spin / some posing and chor and playing to the judges as the music is slow guitar? / 3a fell / music picks up and he's into O ftwrk with crowd clapping - doesn't move across ice all that fast but is right with music / 3s landed pitched forward / spin that I didn't really see / some posing and playing to judges as they're a chant on the music / 3l hands down then slid off edge / 3f pretty sure a 2foot / another spin that I didn' t really see - this seat is getting very hard and uncomfortable - I need a break from it / diag steps have crowd clapping enthusiastically and into fly sit spin to end the program /

Rosaleen

Medalist
BEL Kevin van der Perren Start 13
Notes Music: Robin Hood soundtrack Costume: bkac with green sequins on front / takes his time taking his starting pos / some chor as music starts and around this end and back around for 3a bit forward on landing 3t / and a bit of turns & chor / music satrts to build 3a / huge death drop nice spin to twisted pos / pause at this end of boards as music changes and softens and some chor and down the ice 3f3t2l almost put hand down on loop and you can hear everything I do in music as he does a very nice camel spin / some chor and back this way for 3s / 2a / pause & into O ftwrk as music builds and crowd is clapping along ftwrk is moving well / 2a / music changes and softens again and some chor at centre ice heading to far end and back this way for 3z that I think was 2ft 2t / sit ch sit with hands clasped above back / strt steps butterfly to end them / 2a again?? / combo spin to end the program and he has a huge smile on his face with a bunch of fist pumps- coach gives him a big hug as he comes off the ice / pb 133.38 / 96.43 points coming in /

Rosaleen

Medalist
USA Johnny Weir Start 14
Notes Music: Otonal Costume: shades of blue on top with glitter navy pants / some chords to start the music and a bit of chor at centre ice / around this way and back down to the far end for 3a3t that was just gorgeous / 3t / and some chor / back to this end and down the for 3z out of foot in front spiral / flycam with great layover pos / music speeds up a bit and crowd is clapping / back this way for 3a that was a little tight on landing by his standard / O ftwrk starts with split jump and pauses in front of judges bit of a stumble towards the end / music fades and he's in a camel spin as music satrts to slowly build again / 3l / some chor as music really starts to build / 3s on a bad lean but pulled it off / music fades and starts up again 3f very tight landing / fly sit to great pos but it didn't last long enough / pause at end of boards and into his strt ftwrk that ebbs & flows with music as crowd is clapping / starts into camel spin to bit of outside edge sit upright back sit mushroom? Andinto closing pose as music fades / boths fists clenched and a big smile as he takes his bows / that was wonderful / pb 146.20 / 102.7 points coming in /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CAN Emanuel Sandhu Start 15
Notes Music: Piano Concerto #1 by Sauer Costume is black with white on one side and hangy bit off sleeve / some chor to start and down towards me 4t3t not sure about 2ft on 4t / 3a2t / music builds and changes and 3z / stars into fly sit with great pos to illusions / music stops and starts up softly and some chor- the crowd is intently silent watching and involved / 3s / some chor with gorgeous spiral / popped axel to single / upright spin with nice variations /2a / music picks up / 3f2t sort of / music speeds up and O ftwrk into strt ftwrk and some of crowd is clapping / 3l fell really tentative into it / combo spin is great as usual and the crowd gives him a really good reception / / pb 152.74 / 97.03 coming in /

Rosaleen

Medalist
FRA Frederic Dambier Start 16
Notes Music: Summertime Costume: Black with orange & yellow on one side of chest and arm / some chor to start off / around and down the far end of ice / 4s / some chor as the sax? Starts up back this way for 3f2t2t not sure about last jump in the combo / back around rink in spread eagle into 3a fell out 2t / some chor to sax and posing at centre ice / music picks up now and he skates towards the judge almost defiantly / around the rink back back the other way 3a hung on / death drop was ok and spin went up and down with the music / O ftwrk as music really picks up and crwod is clapping / 3s / stop at centre ice and now some chor to soft slow music and we have ooooh / spread eagle into 3z / 2lo / back upright spin that is very short / dancing at far end of rinki / butterfly into back sit spin / down towards me for strt ftwrk that moves fast and goes very well with music - uses every note / 3t 2t / cam sit flyover back sit upright to end the program with some dancing / and another very happy man / pb 134.32 / 96.58 points coming in /

Rosaleen

Medalist
JPN Daisuke Takahashl Start 17
Notes Music: Concerto de Aranjeuz Costume: Red blousey shirt with black pants & 'bib effect ' / 4t went up funny and landed weird on 2ft after about 2 revs / 3a2t hopped out of toe / 3a very nice / haven't noted any chor to this point, got behind / very nice spin / O ftwrk as music picks up and crowd is clapping - ftwrk moves very well with music / 3z super tight on landing / layback spin is not bad for a man / music stops and starts up again softly with familiar refrain / 3s / 3l short rot and fell on his side / 3z fell out / sorry I'm not writing the chor nuances in this program (Japanese reporters are sitting next to me and they're comenting on his program - in Japanese) 3f Fell hard on his side / sgtrt steps have crowd clapping loudly / fly combo spin to end is very good / huge ovation from the crowd but I know he isn't happy with this skate / pb 123.83 / 102.31 coming into free /

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Andrei Griazev Start 18
Notes Music: Passion by Gabriel, Cirque du soleill Costume: black with red & yellow V effect / some movement at centre ice to the familiar opening and down towards me / 4t easy as can be / back around 3a lean both hands down / crowd is clapping as music gains a back beat and picks up / 3z fell / a bit of chor here / big open single axel / flycam to donut / music comes to a climax and starts up again with aslightly different beat 2f / upright spin to A to layback variations / O ftwrk and the crowd is somewhat subdued / spread eagle turns 3s3t / music stops and changes very soft and spread eagles back this way down the ice / 2a / crowd is starting to clap 3l definite 2ft / very short spin / strt ftwrk and crowd is attempting to clap with the music which is kind of unclappable / combo spin to end the program / pb 128.11 / 100.23 coming into free /