Men - Free Program - Comments | Golden Skate

Men - Free Program - Comments

egskater0003

Rinkside
So far sounds like Ming Zhang had a great skate except for the 1axel. Tx Rosaleen for all the reports so far! They're great. Go Evan, Tim & Weir!

jan

On the Ice
I was just listening to CBC television (main network). They said they were waiting for Jeff Buttle to skate...Is there a chance they will show his skate live. They did show live pics from Moscow..I guess if they were to show him live it would be on newsworld...something to keep your eye on!

egskater0003

Rinkside
But isn't he in the last group which will be way later? Anyway, hope he (jeff b) does well. He has great spins.

jan

On the Ice
CBC newsworld will be carrying Jeff Buttle's free program live! They anticipate it to be at 2pm est

nicole_l

Final Flight
I'm really glad that Stefan Lindemann pulled it back together for the free. If only he hadn't had a horrendous short....

Becky

Spectator
Weir warm-up

Since Plush withdrew, will that move Weir into the last warm-up group?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
:cry: Tim was SO GOOD at nationals, I just don't understand his skates at Worlds... this is so frustrating and sad... :cry: Timmy :cry:

Linny

Final Flight
Tim vs Stefan huh?

1 Timothy GOEBEL USA 129.84 68.04 63.80 6.54 6.29 6.25 6.39 6.43 2.00 #11
2 Stefan LINDEMANN GER 127.58 62.28 66.30 6.79 6.43 6.68 6.57 6.68 1.00 #7

Am I reading this correctly? Tim beats Stefan in the FP, even though Tim fell on the quad and the 3A while Stefan completed both?

Linny

brad640

On the Ice
Linny said:
Am I reading this correctly? Tim beats Stefan in the FP, even though Tim fell on the quad and the 3A while Stefan completed both?

Something strange is going on there. I thought Stefan outskated Tim for sure. Tim's technical seemed really high. I want to see the protocols on that one.

diver chick

On the Ice
Becky said:
Since Plush withdrew, will that move Weir into the last warm-up group?

No everyone stays in the same groups. Just means there is one less person in the final group ;)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Oh Johnny... Well, there is always next year... On the bright side, I can only be proud of Johnny that he did his best out there, pulled off all he could; watered things down but did not "check out". I just hope he can be healthy for next season...

diver chick

On the Ice
This is the first time this season I have seen Johnny skate but apart from the quad I didn't get the impression that he watered the program down. He did have a trip in the step sequence that may have slightly affected his marks but to be honest I am surprised that Sandhu placed ahead of him in the free. Weir's program was absolutely beautiful.

Plus he is quite badly injured by all accounts and has had injection prior to both short and long programs and was seriously considering withdrawing after the short, so bearing that in mind I think he did excellantly ;)

brad640

On the Ice
Johnny's technical was LOW, well below the skaters in the previous group. He must have had multiple downgraded jumps. In addition to the fall on the circular footwork, the spins were very slow, and he took out several of the turns in the footwork.

diver chick

On the Ice
To be honest I am finding this whole system difficult to get to grips with! I agree that Johnny's program was skated less than perfectly and as I am not actually paying 100% attention to the competition (the joy's of writng a thesis) I didn't really get more than a cursory glance at his jumps etc. so any errors other than the obvious would have excaped my notice :)

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Now that the last group is getting ready to skate, it looks like Johnny can finish no lower than 6th and Eman will finish no lower than 7th. Also looks like Canada is on the verge of sending 3 men to Olympics and Worlds next year!!! Congratulations!!!! :rock:

Looks like Tim moved into the Top 10 đź‘Ť

Great that Lindemann and Zhang could skate well :clap:

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

kemy

Rinkside
Wow...Buttle beats Sandhu with two falls...

Wonder what Manny will have to say about this one!

BigB0882

Spectator
The U.S. Men will get a medal for sure, wow! I hope it is Johnny but would be so happy if Evan gets it. I hope Evan skates well enough to qualify the U.S. 3 spots next year but from the looks of it, Timmy has already done that. GO USA!

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Oh my God!!! Columbus' boat just TANKED!!!! Poor Brian!!!!!

Could this be a gold for Stephan Lambiel or....JEFF???????????? :rock: :rock: :rock:

aviva_dawn

On the Ice
This men's comp needs to go down as one of the most insane in recent memory..... :clap: :rofl: :clap:

Last edited: