Thread: Drobiazko and Vanagas aiming for comeback

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!

Drobiazko and Vanagas aiming for comeback

Speaking of possible comebacks..

I just read (from a russian website) that D&V are planning to come back for the 2006 Olympic games. They already got themselves a coach, Yelena Maslennikova.

Here's a link (it is in Russian):

http://sport.gazeta.ru/sport/2005/03/a_254703.shtml

Basically it is a commentary on the OD. Vanagas was complaining about the judging (what else is new???).

On the same site, a very interesting interview with Grushina and Goncharov:

http://sport.gazeta.ru/sport/2005/03/a_254784.shtml

(I would love to translate but till the w/e, sorry!).

G&G also are not thrilled about the judging, with respect to B&A (they say that B&A get higher than deserved levels, when other pairs perform these elements just as well but get a lower level. I should point out that G&G "compaigned" on the behalf of other couples, not themselves).

Yana

0 Not allowed!
    When they do return to competition, will they also continue their habit of being whiny babies when they don't get the placement they believe they deserved?

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    I just looked at the dance teams entry and noticed that Luthiania did not send a team to Worlds this year. I think they have a another senior team - or are they Jrs? The girl's name is Clover Zaltzman.

So does it mean they would have to go through the qual in order to earn a spot for the Olympics?

They always complain..they did get the short end of the stick a number of times but most teams get shafted now and then yet very few protest formally..

Yana

http://p068.ezboard.com/bstrawberrycanyonfsc

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_Blues_fan
    I just looked at the dance teams entry and noticed that Luthiania did not send a team to Worlds this year. I think they have a another senior team - or are they Jrs? The girl's name is Clover Zaltzman.

So does it mean they would have to go through the qual in order to earn a spot for the Olympics?

They always complain..they did get the short end of the stick a number of times but most teams get shafted now and then yet very few protest formally..

Yana
    They will have to do what Lu Chen did in 1998 =( I've always liked this team. They almost always did get shafted, but they were good. I think Denkova/Staviysky are heading down the same path...