Still Love Jeff's Program Best | Golden Skate

Still Love Jeff's Program Best

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Everytime I see Jeff skate his program Naqoyqatsi it captivates me. Even despite his two flaws tonight, Jeff's choreography and interpretation stood out from the rest. He didn't skate it as perfectly as he did at Canadians, but he did a good job.

Congratulations Jeff!!! :clap:

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Start the lovefest for Jeff! :clap: I loved both the SP and Naquoyqatsi. I hope he can find two programs that bring out his talent as well those two programs did for Torino.

kareliz

Rinkside
I think Jeff's short was one of the highlights of skating for me so far this year. Beautiful choreography, body line, speed, conviction, performance. It wowed me. I now see what so many have been talking about with his skating. I would have put him second in the short. Even though I don't really like Lambiel's (sp?) skating that much, I'd give him credit for the 4/3 and put him first in the short. Still, Jeff's program was the best. And why wasn't Plushy down in 7th place with Johnny? The rest of the program certainly didn't justify his placement. I like him, but let's judge the actual skating.

Blade1

On the Ice
I absolutly LOVE Jeff's programs this season, and I still get chivers when I watch Jeff's LP program. Just brings me back to that magical night at the JLC in London when he won his first Canadian Championship.

Jeff has "the full package" He may not have done the quad, however every other detail he does have, that the judges are looking at and rewarding him for.

This Buddle Buddie is one happy camper !!!

Congratulations Jeff - Sudbury is really proud of you too !!!

Just have to add that I'm with everyone who loves Jeff's LP. Finally! A skater breaks the Phillip Glass barrier and does so magnificently. I mean, Jeff got applause just for the bent-knee slide spread eagle with the body dropping forward.:clap: IMO, it's because the choreography and the way Jeff executes it so brilliantly expresses the music, which does everything for me. JMO.

I'm so glad the judges rewarded him and hope more skaters look to the more unusual, for figure skating competitions, kinds of music some of the men used in both the SP and LP, as well as the unique interpretations of classical pieces.

Official Fan of Jeff Buttle's '04/05 LP.

Rgirl

FrenchLady

Rinkside
Joining the chorus. Jeff's programs are fan-tas-tic. Especially I think his LP is a perfect example of a skater enhancing the piece of music instead of a piece of music enhancing the skater. One could give the merit to David Wilson; no doubt that Mr. Wilson deserves some credit, but it takes an incredible talented skater to take such a difficult choreography and be able to pull it off...WOW!

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
Jeff and Johnny are my favorite skaters among the eligible men and I thought Prelude in C Sharp Minor and Naqoyqatsi were masterpieces. His programs are reminicent of '96-'99 era Kwan, unusual music choices jam-packed with choreography and painstaking attention paid to how the choreography relates to the music. I have high hopes for him in the future. He might not always do well, but I am hoping that he will consistently create strong programs. His spins, footwork and MITF can compete with anyone in men's skating.

Ogre Mage,
ITA with your very wiell written post. It perfectly expressed what I feel about both Prelude in C Sharp Minor and Naqoyqatsi.

BTW, that's a totally radical avatar. Love it!

Rgirl

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
STL_Blues_fan said:
His music did absolutely nothing for me, sorry.

Yana

Hm...you must not appreciate great music. I guess one has to like piano music to get it. Phillip Glass also did the music for the movie "The Hours." Awesome music.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Hey everyone is entitled to their taste! Just b/c I didn't like his music, it does not mean I lack appreciation for "great" music, I think that was a bit uncalled for. I, in fact, love piono music. But I like classical, not contemporary. And even amongst classical, I do not always like everything.

Yana

mzheng

Record Breaker
STL_Blues_fan said:
Hey everyone is entitled to their taste! Just b/c I didn't like his music, it does not mean I lack appreciation for "great" music, I think that was a bit uncalled for. I, in fact, love piono music. But I like classical, not contemporary. And even amongst classical, I do not always like everything.

Yana
ITA.
Every one has different musical taste and vision of the way the music should be interpreted. I for one don't quite get his program either and don't understand he can placed so high with mistakes. But was told that his program was very difficult now with the protocol sheet, it is obviousely he can win over Johnny with 2 falls even Johnny skated clean. Jeff's program base Tech mark has 8 poionts over Johnny's. So now with CoP it is a different game now. 6.0 you earn ordial based on the whole quality of your skate of each program (qual,sp,lp). While CoP you earn points with each elements in 3 programs.