Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program - Notes from Rosaleen

Custom Title

Ladies - Short Program - Notes from Rosaleen

Note: The following reports are copyright Golden Skate. Please, while you may provide links to reports, do not copy & paste them elsewhere. Thank you.

Please don't post in this thread (it's easier for me), use the thread for the event marked 'comments'. Thanks

Sorry I'm late, BBC was interviewing Gwendal Peizerat and we were chatting after and then they asked me if they could interview me and I agreed, not realizing that it would take quite as long as it did and it made me late. Anyone that get's BBC will see a brief valuable? comment from me on on the new judging system

Custom Title
    TUR Tugba Karademir Start 1
    Notes didn’t' see her skate, I was getting set up after being delayed by the BBC

AUT Andrea Kreuzer Start 2
    Notes didn’t' see her skate, I was getting set up after being delayed by the BBC

KOR Ji Eun Choi Start 3

Custom Title
    BEL Sara Falotico Start 4
    Notes Music: Vuelvo AL Sur; Santa Maria Costume: dark purple one should with silver around edge / some chor at centre ice as music starts slowly / picks up as she starts to move around this end of the rink and to the far end / 3z hand down fell out / 3t / music develops a beat for flycam that is perfectly centered, a bit slow, with good pos / strt ftwrk pauses in middle with music, goes with music but a little slow & simple / 2a / sit cam catch foot back cam catch foot upright with variations - centered but slow / spirals inside out in hand on knee pos starts them off / layback again perfectly centered, this one with good speed, pos could be better / pb 36.32 / 17.62 points /

Custom Title
    LUX Fleur Maxwell Start 5
    Notes Music: In the Mood for Love Costume: shades of purple & mauve / a bit of chor towards me and back down the for 2s2t / moving well into 3t on a really bad lean - fell / cam set beillman with excellent speed back 1/2 sit beillman again with great speed - very nice spin / inside out spiral in 1/2 beillman to leg at ear then other leg high to side & back - very nice seq / 1a / flycam with pos variations / strt ftwrk flows very well and lyrical with music / she has lovely way of moving over the ice / layback is beautiful with pos changes and foot to head / without the jumps, though I doubt she'll make it through -- too bad, she's lovely to watch / pb 45.94 / 16.48 points coming in /

Custom Title
    ROM Roxana Luca Start 6
    Notes Music: Malaguena (modern version) Costume: black down sides & arms, red down front & back - kind of neat looking / some chor at centre ice as the (too) familiar music starts and down to the far end for 3l2t / crowd is clapping as she head this way / 2a / flycam to inside edge with bent leg / spirals start with inside out on good edges / music picks up 3s fell / layback that is centered with good speed but pos is quite weak / O ftwrk now is with the music - circle is kind of small / combo spin to end the program / pb 42.57 / 16.71 points from Q /

Custom Title
    FRA Candice Didier Start 7
    Notes Music: Illumination Costume: purple with with different colours on front / music starts very softly / 2a / 3l2t / 3t / layback has good pos and is pretty centered but travells a little at end / flycam has nice pos / strt steps flow well with music and a pause at the boards at this end and bitof chor / music picks up a bit for spirals which cover huge amount of ice / combo spin to end is very well done ending in inside edge sit / pb 44.96 / 17.52 points from Q / spirals level 3 all others level 1

Custom Title
    CHN Yan Lui Start 8
    Notes Music: Sunrise Cosstume: black with pink at him of sirt / around the ice towards me for a 3l / 1z2t / 2a / music stops and changes and now we have Carmen with castanets crowd is clapping / flycam is nice / a bit of chor / spirals start with outside inside / laback has very nice pos with extended strt free leg / music picks up more for strt steps which are quite detailed and with music / combo spin - layback sit change catch knee / pb 45.91 / 19.55 points from Q / steps seq level 2 all else level 1

Custom Title
    HUN Viktoria Pavuk Start 9
    Notes Music: Symphony # 5 by Beethoven Costume: light blue with darker skirt / music starts with dadada daaaaa / a bit of chor to judges and down to the far end of rink / 3z 2t / 3f / flycam is slow but pos aren't bad / spirals in S ending in hand to ice in small circle / 2a / layback to beillman is slow and travels but pos are pretty good / strt steps start with lots of toe picks and then picks up to have very good speed & floow / cam beillman back sit leg high in front / a few dancey steps andinto her final pos and she's very happy big smile on her face / pb ?? / 18.09 points from Q / and shot of very happy coaches and a beaming Viktoria / spirals level 2 rest level 1

Custom Title
    NED Karen Venhuizen Start 10
    Notes Music: Roger Rabbit, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Costume: bright kelly green shiny - tin foil shiny / music starts with drums and a bit of chor down the ice for 3t / and a bit more chor / ina back this way into 3s2l / flycam is travelling and slow with ok pos / music gets jazzy and so do her movments / spirals start with catch knee the to catchfoot on other foot / lots of prep into 2 a landed a bit forward but think it was ok / layback spin - didn't really see / music picks up into voodoo daddy and crowd is clapping as she does a very nice combo spin / O ftwrk has accents on the music and seems to have some complexity to it / pb 40.43 / 17.62 points from Q / spirals & steps level 2 spins level 1

Custom Title
    GBR Jenna McCorkell Start 11
    Notes Music: Meditation from Thais Costume: light pink & white with silver glitter / music starts out soft and she's around and down the ice 3z2t / and a bit of chor / back this way for 3l - nicely done / and music is building and a bit of chor / flycam with layover to donut has good speed and was centered until donut / spirals start with inside out as music fades and comes up again / 2a / layback spin at end of rink near me starts with both arms outstretched to one side - nice effect from this pos / strt steps are ok / combo spin has nice low sit with tuck on front and twisted pos on back / and we have another very happy young lady and there a fair number of British flags flying / I enjoyed that skate - she captured the mood of the music very well / pb 47.36 / 18.58 points from Q / spirals level 2, others level 1

Custom Title
    SWE Lina Johansson Start 12
    Notes Music: Romeo & Juliet by Rota Costume: bright fushia / around the far end of the rink and back this way for 3f2t bit wild on flip landing / a bit of chor as the 'time for us' theme starts / 3t / think that was just a 1a I saw / flycam to donut / picking up speed for O ftwrk that is floating with the music at least for the first half, not so much for 2nd / layback is very fast with foot to head / spirals start with inside out then catching foot while she stays on same leg to back spiral to fan / combo spin cam sit Y back cam sit upright - speed is very good on the spin / pb 42.38 / 19.39 points from Q / layback & spirals level 2, others level 1

Custom Title
    CAN Cynthia Phaneuf Start 13
    Notes Music: Songs my Mother Taught Me Costume: light pink bathing suite style with silver glitter / a bit of chor to openeing strains of music / right into 3z fell - I'm sure underrot / plaintive music and a bit of chor / down far end for 3f bad pick -didn't get off ice / lovely layback / spirals start with strong inside to outside inside on other foot / strt ftwrk that is timed right with the music / 2a / flycam with layout pos to inside edge to illusions / into combo spin cam sit layback back cam sit upright into closing pos - combo spin carries great speed throughout / it's a lovely program and she skated all except the 2 jumps really well, but you gotta do the jumps / pb 57.76 / 21.77 points from Q / all level 2 except layback spin / they gave her a 3z - thought it might have been only a 2 /

Custom Title
    SUI Sarah Meier Start 14
    Notes Big Love Adagio by Bond Costume: Mint green / some chor to very soft opening music is very nice - sets up the program well / music picks up and gets louder 3z2t - think z was 2footed - far end of rink / back this way for 3f fell with both hands down but bum didn't hit ice , so poss no deduction / layback / spirals start with inside out / 2a / flycam has good speed & centered - basic pos only / O ftwrk is done with music change part way through that the chor uses very effectively / combo spin ends in catchfoot then upright / pretty good skate / pb 42.71 / 22.57 points from Q / spirals level 3, layback & final spin a 2, camel & O ftwrk a 1

Custom Title
    AUS Joanne Carter Start 15
    Notes Russian Gypsy Fire Costume: Red on top with black sirt and gold on skirt / a bit of chor and down to the far end very quickly for 3z that might be 2ft with a very tight wild free leg landing turns into 2t / back this way for flip that was messy but I couldn't really see 'cause of it being too close to the boards / Layback spin that I didn't really see 'cause I was writing / spirals are ok / 2a / cam layback sit back cam sit upright spin / music changes / strt ftwrk is quite comploex and moves well & with music / flycam with loayover pos into closing pose / pb 49.63 / 20.41 points from Q / spirals level 3 strt steps a 2 rest is 1

Custom Title
    USA Jennifer Kirk Start 16
    Notes Music: Chicago soundtrack Costume: glittery beige / a big of chor to sax then picks up / 3f2t (cheat sheet says z) might have been 2fted / 3f fell / layback has great pos and is centered / jazzy music now for spirals and it picks up as she's doing them - nice set of spirals / 2a / flycam and music is lighter and fast - basic pos only I think / into S ftwrk that is right with music and is fairly complex and some fun moves / some more chor into stars into cam sit layback back sit Y spin that is centere with good speed until the Y / pb 58.68 / 21.27 points from Q / spirals level 2, others level 1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast