Ladies - Short Program - Notes from Rosaleen | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program - Notes from Rosaleen

Rosaleen

Medalist
Note: The following reports are copyright Golden Skate. Please, while you may provide links to reports, do not copy & paste them elsewhere. Thank you.

Please don't post in this thread (it's easier for me), use the thread for the event marked 'comments'. Thanks

Sorry I'm late, BBC was interviewing Gwendal Peizerat and we were chatting after and then they asked me if they could interview me and I agreed, not realizing that it would take quite as long as it did and it made me late. Anyone that get's BBC will see a brief valuable? comment from me on on the new judging system ;)

Rosaleen

Medalist
TUR Tugba Karademir Start 1
Notes didn’t' see her skate, I was getting set up after being delayed by the BBC

AUT Andrea Kreuzer Start 2
Notes didn’t' see her skate, I was getting set up after being delayed by the BBC

KOR Ji Eun Choi Start 3

Rosaleen

Medalist
BEL Sara Falotico Start 4
Notes Music: Vuelvo AL Sur; Santa Maria Costume: dark purple one should with silver around edge / some chor at centre ice as music starts slowly / picks up as she starts to move around this end of the rink and to the far end / 3z hand down fell out / 3t / music develops a beat for flycam that is perfectly centered, a bit slow, with good pos / strt ftwrk pauses in middle with music, goes with music but a little slow & simple / 2a / sit cam catch foot back cam catch foot upright with variations - centered but slow / spirals inside out in hand on knee pos starts them off / layback again perfectly centered, this one with good speed, pos could be better / pb 36.32 / 17.62 points /

Rosaleen

Medalist
LUX Fleur Maxwell Start 5
Notes Music: In the Mood for Love Costume: shades of purple & mauve / a bit of chor towards me and back down the for 2s2t / moving well into 3t on a really bad lean - fell / cam set beillman with excellent speed back 1/2 sit beillman again with great speed - very nice spin / inside out spiral in 1/2 beillman to leg at ear then other leg high to side & back - very nice seq / 1a / flycam with pos variations / strt ftwrk flows very well and lyrical with music / she has lovely way of moving over the ice / layback is beautiful with pos changes and foot to head / without the jumps, though I doubt she'll make it through -- too bad, she's lovely to watch / pb 45.94 / 16.48 points coming in /

Rosaleen

Medalist
ROM Roxana Luca Start 6
Notes Music: Malaguena (modern version) Costume: black down sides & arms, red down front & back - kind of neat looking / some chor at centre ice as the (too) familiar music starts and down to the far end for 3l2t / crowd is clapping as she head this way / 2a / flycam to inside edge with bent leg / spirals start with inside out on good edges / music picks up 3s fell / layback that is centered with good speed but pos is quite weak / O ftwrk now is with the music - circle is kind of small / combo spin to end the program / pb 42.57 / 16.71 points from Q /

Rosaleen

Medalist
FRA Candice Didier Start 7
Notes Music: Illumination Costume: purple with with different colours on front / music starts very softly / 2a / 3l2t / 3t / layback has good pos and is pretty centered but travells a little at end / flycam has nice pos / strt steps flow well with music and a pause at the boards at this end and bitof chor / music picks up a bit for spirals which cover huge amount of ice / combo spin to end is very well done ending in inside edge sit / pb 44.96 / 17.52 points from Q / spirals level 3 all others level 1

Rosaleen

Medalist
CHN Yan Lui Start 8
Notes Music: Sunrise Cosstume: black with pink at him of sirt / around the ice towards me for a 3l / 1z2t / 2a / music stops and changes and now we have Carmen with castanets crowd is clapping / flycam is nice / a bit of chor / spirals start with outside inside / laback has very nice pos with extended strt free leg / music picks up more for strt steps which are quite detailed and with music / combo spin - layback sit change catch knee / pb 45.91 / 19.55 points from Q / steps seq level 2 all else level 1

Rosaleen

Medalist
HUN Viktoria Pavuk Start 9
Notes Music: Symphony # 5 by Beethoven Costume: light blue with darker skirt / music starts with dadada daaaaa / a bit of chor to judges and down to the far end of rink / 3z 2t / 3f / flycam is slow but pos aren't bad / spirals in S ending in hand to ice in small circle / 2a / layback to beillman is slow and travels but pos are pretty good / strt steps start with lots of toe picks and then picks up to have very good speed & floow / cam beillman back sit leg high in front / a few dancey steps andinto her final pos and she's very happy big smile on her face / pb ?? / 18.09 points from Q / and shot of very happy coaches and a beaming Viktoria / spirals level 2 rest level 1

Rosaleen

Medalist
NED Karen Venhuizen Start 10
Notes Music: Roger Rabbit, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Costume: bright kelly green shiny - tin foil shiny / music starts with drums and a bit of chor down the ice for 3t / and a bit more chor / ina back this way into 3s2l / flycam is travelling and slow with ok pos / music gets jazzy and so do her movments / spirals start with catch knee the to catchfoot on other foot / lots of prep into 2 a landed a bit forward but think it was ok / layback spin - didn't really see / music picks up into voodoo daddy and crowd is clapping as she does a very nice combo spin / O ftwrk has accents on the music and seems to have some complexity to it / pb 40.43 / 17.62 points from Q / spirals & steps level 2 spins level 1

Rosaleen

Medalist
GBR Jenna McCorkell Start 11
Notes Music: Meditation from Thais Costume: light pink & white with silver glitter / music starts out soft and she's around and down the ice 3z2t / and a bit of chor / back this way for 3l - nicely done / and music is building and a bit of chor / flycam with layover to donut has good speed and was centered until donut / spirals start with inside out as music fades and comes up again / 2a / layback spin at end of rink near me starts with both arms outstretched to one side - nice effect from this pos / strt steps are ok / combo spin has nice low sit with tuck on front and twisted pos on back / and we have another very happy young lady and there a fair number of British flags flying / I enjoyed that skate - she captured the mood of the music very well / pb 47.36 / 18.58 points from Q / spirals level 2, others level 1

Rosaleen

Medalist
SWE Lina Johansson Start 12
Notes Music: Romeo & Juliet by Rota Costume: bright fushia / around the far end of the rink and back this way for 3f2t bit wild on flip landing / a bit of chor as the 'time for us' theme starts / 3t / think that was just a 1a I saw / flycam to donut / picking up speed for O ftwrk that is floating with the music at least for the first half, not so much for 2nd / layback is very fast with foot to head / spirals start with inside out then catching foot while she stays on same leg to back spiral to fan / combo spin cam sit Y back cam sit upright - speed is very good on the spin / pb 42.38 / 19.39 points from Q / layback & spirals level 2, others level 1

Rosaleen

Medalist
CAN Cynthia Phaneuf Start 13
Notes Music: Songs my Mother Taught Me Costume: light pink bathing suite style with silver glitter / a bit of chor to openeing strains of music / right into 3z fell - I'm sure underrot / plaintive music and a bit of chor / down far end for 3f bad pick -didn't get off ice / lovely layback / spirals start with strong inside to outside inside on other foot / strt ftwrk that is timed right with the music / 2a / flycam with layout pos to inside edge to illusions / into combo spin cam sit layback back cam sit upright into closing pos - combo spin carries great speed throughout / it's a lovely program and she skated all except the 2 jumps really well, but you gotta do the jumps / pb 57.76 / 21.77 points from Q / all level 2 except layback spin / they gave her a 3z - thought it might have been only a 2 /

Rosaleen

Medalist
SUI Sarah Meier Start 14
Notes Big Love Adagio by Bond Costume: Mint green / some chor to very soft opening music is very nice - sets up the program well / music picks up and gets louder 3z2t - think z was 2footed - far end of rink / back this way for 3f fell with both hands down but bum didn't hit ice , so poss no deduction / layback / spirals start with inside out / 2a / flycam has good speed & centered - basic pos only / O ftwrk is done with music change part way through that the chor uses very effectively / combo spin ends in catchfoot then upright / pretty good skate / pb 42.71 / 22.57 points from Q / spirals level 3, layback & final spin a 2, camel & O ftwrk a 1

Rosaleen

Medalist
AUS Joanne Carter Start 15
Notes Russian Gypsy Fire Costume: Red on top with black sirt and gold on skirt / a bit of chor and down to the far end very quickly for 3z that might be 2ft with a very tight wild free leg landing turns into 2t / back this way for flip that was messy but I couldn't really see 'cause of it being too close to the boards / Layback spin that I didn't really see 'cause I was writing / spirals are ok / 2a / cam layback sit back cam sit upright spin / music changes / strt ftwrk is quite comploex and moves well & with music / flycam with loayover pos into closing pose / pb 49.63 / 20.41 points from Q / spirals level 3 strt steps a 2 rest is 1

Rosaleen

Medalist
USA Jennifer Kirk Start 16
Notes Music: Chicago soundtrack Costume: glittery beige / a big of chor to sax then picks up / 3f2t (cheat sheet says z) might have been 2fted / 3f fell / layback has great pos and is centered / jazzy music now for spirals and it picks up as she's doing them - nice set of spirals / 2a / flycam and music is lighter and fast - basic pos only I think / into S ftwrk that is right with music and is fairly complex and some fun moves / some more chor into stars into cam sit layback back sit Y spin that is centere with good speed until the Y / pb 58.68 / 21.27 points from Q / spirals level 2, others level 1

Rosaleen

Medalist
CRO Idora Hegel Start 17
Notes Music: Legend from Wieniawski - Gypsy Songs Costume: white & light pinky - frothy comes to mind / some chor to softer music and now the violin joins in for a melody line / 3z2t very nice / some chor and back down to the far end with some ftwrk 3f positive 2ft / cam sitlayback back sit leg in front - front end of spin very good, back end travelled / spiral starts with inside out with hand on knee then catch foot / spread eagle into 2a / layback with foot to head is fast & centered / O ftwrk as music picks up is very complex with twizzles - can't complain about it not moving really fast over ice as it was very complex in my mind / didn’t' really see the final spin / pb 43.87 / 22.33 points from Q / spirals & O steps level 2, rest level 1

Rosaleen

Medalist
GER Annette Dytrt Start 18
Notes Music: Danse Macabre Costume is black with lots of silver sequins with what appears to be a silver hand on her chest / familiar opening sticatto music with a bit of chor / right around the far end and back this way for 3z fell / stroked around and into 3f / flycam has very good pos & centered, possibly a little slow / she moves very fast across the ice / spirals with outside in in catchfoot / 2a / now into layback with great speed and from here looks very centered / music has really picked up for O ftwrk that is dynamic and with music / cam travelled layback back cam sit with hands clasped above back into final pose / pb 49.62 / 22.50 points from Q / spirals level, O ftwrk & Layback level 2 flycam & combo spin level 1

Rosaleen

Medalist
CAN Joannie Rochette Start 19
Notes Music: Dumsky Trio Costume: Black with silver - sorry don't have adjectives to describe / a bit of chor to slow music into 2a / music changes and picks up a bit and has a melody / 3z2t / and some chor as music slows a bit then starts to picks up - hard to describe the rhythm of it / ftwrk into 3f / flycam to layout inside edge to layover / some chor into layback classic to strt leg / music fades and picks up and some chor / strt steps as music builds are right with it / music slows and into spirals insde out on strong edges fan to back spiral / cam sit layback back sit Y scratch spin / and a big smile and little clap for herself / pb 55.68 / 23.65 from Q / layback is level 1, others level 2

Rosaleen

Medalist
UKR Elena Liashenko Start 20
Notes Music: Flamenco Bolero Costume is Purple with silver front is lattice work over illusion / some chor to guitar strums / around the far end and towards me with big set up for 3z2t which is very nicely done / back around to the other end ftwrk into 3f that might have been 2ft as the familiar music starts up and the crowd is clapping / flycam is quitegood / spirals with inside out in catch foot pos / 2a / layback has nice sideways pos to strt back that isn't really low enough / strt steps are fairly complex and match music but not really on the beat of the music / cam sit laybackback sit to inside edge to catch foot is pretty much centered from my angle and with good speed / pb 60.54 / spirals level 3 flycam & steps level 2, other level 1 /

Rosaleen

Medalist
JPN Shizuka Arakawa Start 21
Notes Music: Madame Butterfly Costume black with red sequin fan on one side - very effective / music starts and she's right around the rink into a back spiral into 3z2l - lovely / a bit of chor and back to the other end for 3f that she just manages to hang on to / flycam to donut - didn't see all of the spin / spirals as music builds / spread eagle into 2a / sideways layback is low to strleg flat back to hand to foot / S ftwrk is right with music and ends in I don't know how many twizzles on one foot / combo spin to end lasts forever with wonderful positions I was busy watching and forgot to type them as they happened, sorry / pb 64.20 / 25.79 from Q / spirals & final spin level 3 rest level 2