Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program - Comments

Ladies - Short Program - Comments

...for your continued reports. For anyone checking in who subscribed to www.russiantvonline.com the feed just started. I assume it will be live, so missed the first group. I'm disappointed - I've heard so much how what a lovely skater Fleur is just without jumps. I was sure hoping to see her. NEVER will see her on US TV...

Go team USA!

DG

Rosaleen...

Just a quick note of thanks for including the non-jump element levels. That's very helpful since I certainly can't identify those on my own!!

Thanks,
    DG

WTG Joannie!!

What a great start to the toughest second to last warmup group I've ever seen!!!

DG

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    I have to say, I didn't enjoy Michelle's program as much as I was expecting to. I thought the phasing of some of the choreography with the music seemed a bit off and I couldn't really get into it. For the first time ever I felt Michelle was using the music as background and not really skating to it

Waaaa!!

The Russian TV feed cut off right before Shiz skated. So I didn't get to see Shiz or MK or Poykio. So I'm sort of going by Rosaleen's notes. From the sound of things, I'm a little surprised that Poykio went ahead of Rochette. Any thoughts on that from those of you who saw them both skate?

Also, I'm glad MK is back in the hunt. I suspect she will end up in the final warm up group. Then we all cross our fingers for Bolero Two.

When was this aired? Yesterday morning, all I got was some kind of forum on steroids. Disgusting.

Joannie's PCS were very low-not sure if that's due to an early skate or what. I'm reminded of Jeff Buttle's lower PCS in the SP after and early skate. She skated as well as she possibly could have. It was beautiful from start to finish with no obvious flaws to me (little travel on the LB, travel on LB in combo). The triple flip was I'll have to wait to see the others. I think, CoP or not, order of skate still counts a lot for marks. As Eurosport said, "if she were in the final group, I think she'd be scoring much higher than that."

How does Sluty end up first in the SP after she doubles on the combo????

Anyone else think they need to re-vamp the spin scoring for Torino (ie: Bielmanns do not equal automatic L-3?!)
    Last edited by Sk8n Mama; 03-18-2005 at 10:06 AM.

Custom Title

comments

Because shes Slute and she will be GIVEN the Gold. I am for her getting the Gold IF she deserves it but so far she doesnt. Her hard core fans on other boards are saying her marks were ridiculous. Why have a long program as no one else can win. Not liking COP. The cheating saga goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Grgranny
    When was this aired? Yesterday morning, all I got was some kind of forum on steroids. Disgusting.
    There was live coverage from about the 3rd or 4th skater right up until Shiz. I was SO that I accidentally ranted about it on Rosaleen's thread when I meant to rant on this one!! I'm much calmer now, and at least glad to have seen some skaters that we will NEVER see in the US.

I'm sort of hoping someone who can read Russian might help us out by going to www.russiantvonline.com and seeing if they can figure out any updated schedule information for the rest of the day and tomorrow. They cover some things live, and some by tape delay. The schedule that Braulio so kindly figured out on FSU seems like it might have changed a bit. If someone is able to help with that, MANY thanks!!

DG

Question

I see that Sasha has a 1 pt. deduction. I wonder why. I haven't seen the programs so I cannot comment on fairness. I'm interested to see for myself how Irina managed to outscore Sasha in presentation marks.

Custom Title
    We will never know why Irina scores Mk and SC in pres marks. Such blatant cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender
    We will never know why Irina scores Mk and SC in pres marks. Such blatant cheating.
    Unless you've seen the programs and know the judging system inside and out, that's perhaps going a bit too far to use the word "cheating."

Quote Originally Posted by lavender
    I would love someday to hear an actual judges critique regarding PCS for a variety of the top skaters. While the complaint that Irina is overscored on PCS has been non-stop all season, her PCS score have been very consistent across competitions. So if it's a Vast East Wing Conspiracy, then all the ISU judges are in on it. I'm not even questioning the scores themselves, but just saying I would love to hear from an actual judge or two what it is that justifies the scoring in PCS generally in their eyes. Hopefully the skaters get more specific feedback on what they need to do better to raise their scores. The criteria for the various PCS marks seem overly complicated. The TES side seems much more straight forward.

DG

Custom Title
    just curious.. how much did they take off of irina's botched combo. jump? haven't heard. they seem to quickly mark off every little error from the other skaters. irina can win tomorrow with 2 popped jumps or falls against a perfect cohen. they will hammer kwan again i fear for her long. she risks being off the podium completely. i hope she comes out like gang busters. should sasha just throw in the towel? she won't win with perfection against even a flawed irina. i used to think there was some hope in the new system..now, there is none. it's the judges that are the problem.. not any system.. danilenko for example, should not even be allowed to set foot into a skating arena again..let alone judge in high level competitions! god, this is laughable.

No, Kwan and Cohen should go to the LP and skate their a$$es off and let the judges still have Irina win so that the CoP is a complete mockery going into the Olympics and the ISU gets thousands of "wuz robbed" e-mails.

I like Sluty but this sounds like out-an-out robbery!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast