Bourne & Kraatz Announced Retirement | Golden Skate

Bourne & Kraatz Announced Retirement

L

LADSKATER

Bourne & Kraatz Announced Retirement

<span style="color:green;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:medium;">It's sad to think about it, but it's inevitable. Bourne and Kraatz announced at Canadians that this will be their last season. They are going to the Worlds and don't plan to hang around for the Olympics - can't blame them. Shae-lynn wants to "call it quits." I do hope they remain a team and do some touring. I think their best material is just emerging. This will be their tenth win at Canadians! Here is an article about them: www.tsn.ca/wtsn/figure_sk...re_skating

Ladskater</span>

S

Show 42

Re: Bourne & Kraatz Announced Retirement

That is indeed sad. They have been a joy to watch and really one of the few dance teams that I always make sure I watch when they perform or compete..........42

C

CartDi

awww

Sad, but I agree with Ladskater, things like this are inevitable. :(

I do hope they tour and do shows though! Would hate it if they just went bye bye!

S

sk8ing lady2001

Re: awww

We had it coming. I still enjoyed watching them skate, anyway. :(

I

Ice88

I'm not a fan, but my heart goes out to all their fans... I hope they just at least stick around skating for all to enjoy.

Just showing my support..

H

heyang

They've been skating a long time - I'll miss watching them. After Torvill & Dean, they were the 1st dance team to capture my attention in this discipline. Thanks to them, I continued to watch ice dance - enjoying them and others.

Best of Luck to them both.

S

skatefan67

I live in Canada and watched the Canadians Championships and saw a small interview that they gave to Debby Wilks and they said that this is their final year has amateur but Victor added this: We are going to still skate, these are not the exact words but it meant that they would be on tours and pro events.

L

LADSKATER

skatefan67:

I sure hope so. It will be empty without them.

Ladskater

C

CB1AB2

I agree=I hope that they continue to skate=they are a real class act=

cb

C

CuteGreekGoddess

<span style="color:blue;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:x-small;"><strong>
great they are retiting and so is L&A
pretty soon there will be no one left :(
</strong></span>

S

sk8ing lady2001

I agree, that is sad. :(

Still, I'm glad that Michelle will stay, for right now at least. :)