Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 73

Thread: Rusty Hanger Awards...somebody has to start it!

  1. #1
    Hopeless fan Doggygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,204

    0 Not allowed!

    Rusty Hanger Awards...somebody has to start it!

    Well, of course for Men Joubert's SP costume is my Men's pick so far.

    Now. For ladies. I love Dytrt's skating and I was when she fell. But was that a spangley HAND on her boob?????

    I haven't watched much ice dancing yet, but I'm sure we'll have many nominations for that categoy by this afternoon.

    DG

  2. #2
    Figure Skating Fan Hikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    854

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggygirl
    Well, of course for Men Joubert's SP costume is my Men's pick so far.

    Now. For ladies. I love Dytrt's skating and I was when she fell. But was that a spangley HAND on her boob?????

    I haven't watched much ice dancing yet, but I'm sure we'll have many nominations for that categoy by this afternoon.

    DG
    I second that. Actually the music was good for Joubert, it suit him well... the outfit, which looks to me as a galactic rock star (whatever that is) is a no-no.
    I was not crazy either by Stephane's outfit either, but I wouldn't quite put it in rusty hanger.

  3. #3
    Hopeless fan Doggygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,204

    0 Not allowed!

    Lol...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikaru
    I second that. Actually the music was good for Joubert, it suit him well... the outfit, which looks to me as a galactic rock star (whatever that is) is a no-no.
    I was not crazy either by Stephane's outfit either, but I wouldn't quite put it in rusty hanger.
    Joubert would fit right in at a Star Trek convention...

    DG

  4. #4
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    281

    0 Not allowed!
    I am voting for Liashenko's SP - I hate that style of making a costume out of illusion fabric and then strategically placing little bits of sparkle.

  5. #5
    Figure Skating Fan Hikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    854

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by diver chick
    I am voting for Liashenko's SP - I hate that style of making a costume out of illusion fabric and then strategically placing little bits of sparkle.
    absolutely!! that's something for Britney Spears. I haven't liked one of Liashenko's outfits in quite a while.

  6. #6
    Always Believed! Sk8n Mama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    520

    0 Not allowed!
    Joubert's SP definitely. Must also include a comment on the return of day-glo to the pairs event.

  7. #7
    Hopeless fan Doggygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,204

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by diver chick
    I am voting for Liashenko's SP - I hate that style of making a costume out of illusion fabric and then strategically placing little bits of sparkle.
    ITA. I think over-use of illusion fabric should have a category all it's own. I dislike ALL the ladies costumes where they have big cutouts on the sides coming all the way around towards the front. (i.e Sokolova's, but there are others too).

    DG

  8. #8
    Always Believed! Sk8n Mama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    520

    0 Not allowed!
    New addition-Cupcake (Sokolova)'s black fishnet dress for the SP.

    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...j98938k_photo0

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,483

    0 Not allowed!
    Yes, Joubert's was quite awful, but to me Lambiel's was soooo very highschool theatre. Haven't seen the ladies yet, so I can't comment.

    On the plus side, I adore Arakawa's new look - bravo - and Maria Petrova wins the way to go on the hair straightener award - far more flattering for her.

  10. #10
    Bona Fide Member Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    31,818

    0 Not allowed!
    Best costume: Slutskaya

    Worst haircuts: Lambiel, Lysacek, Weir, Buttle

    Best haircut: Arakawa.

    MM

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,483

    0 Not allowed!
    How could I have forgotton Obertas and Slavnov's hideous and blinding LP costumes. I didn't think it was possible to come up with such an offensive shade - somewhere indeterminate between yellow and green, and I think I'm still seeing spots. Bright doesn't even begin to describe it.

  12. #12
    Hopeless fan Doggygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,204

    0 Not allowed!

    Bleh!! ITA

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama
    New addition-Cupcake (Sokolova)'s black fishnet dress for the SP.

    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...j98938k_photo0
    See what I mean about that over-use of illusion category???? BLEH.. BLEH, BLEH, BLEH to EVERY lady who uses that!

    I'm still amazed though, by that hand on the boob thing. Award worthy for sure.

  13. #13
    Figure Skating Fan Hikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    854

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Best costume: Slutskaya

    Worst haircuts: Lambiel, Lysacek, Weir, Buttle

    Best haircut: Arakawa.

    MM

    LOL I actually like Weir's haircut, and Arakawa's as well (they look out of a japanese manga!)

    Now, what do you think of the pants costumes for the ladies? I think Sltskaya and Suguri have good ones, I like them. However nothing does it better for me than a nice dress.

  14. #14
    Figure Skating Fan Hikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    854

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rain
    How could I have forgotton Obertas and Slavnov's hideous and blinding LP costumes. I didn't think it was possible to come up with such an offensive shade - somewhere indeterminate between yellow and green, and I think I'm still seeing spots. Bright doesn't even begin to describe it.
    What I learned from them was never to use neon-green spandex

  15. #15
    Always Believed! Sk8n Mama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    520

    0 Not allowed!
    I hate the pants. Looks like they're ready for practice rather than competing. I like the ladies to look like ladies and those pants do not do it!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rusty Hanger Awards
    By CDMM1991 in forum 2005-06 Figure Skating archives
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11-08-2005, 04:43 PM
  2. Men - Short Program - Notes
    By Rosaleen in forum 2004-05 Figure Skating archives
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2005, 09:07 AM
  3. Dance - Original Dance - Notes
    By Rosaleen in forum 2004-05 Figure Skating archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 05:33 PM
  4. Gotta Do It - US Nationals Rusty Hanger Awards
    By Doggygirl in forum 2004-05 Figure Skating archives
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 07:31 PM
  5. Rusty Hanger Awards
    By Doggygirl in forum 2004-05 Figure Skating archives
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 05:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •