Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rochette Fans Unite!

Rochette Fans Unite!

I am a totally admitted Rochette fan! Our girl was awesome in the SP. Nuts to the jdges-she's still a champ in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama
    I am a totally admitted Rochette fan! Our girl was awesome in the SP. Nuts to the jdges-she's still a champ in my books.
    ITA!! I was so glad to see her SP before the Russian feed went to hockey. Count me in as a fan. I might become a Canadian citizen for Oly's next year.

DG

Custom Title
    I'm in. Was pissed when I saw that she did so well and only got marks slightly higher than Suguri. Reputation still does count for something it seems.

Custom Title
    Rochette is just starting to show us what she can do and capable of doing. I won't count her out yet and she has a full year yet before the Olymoics.

Condolences to Joannie Rochette and her family cosmictears10's Avatar
    I am a huge fan of Joannie! she's a beautiful, graceful yet very powerful skater! Did I hear one of the CBC commentators say that she jumped a quad toe? wow for her if she did!

Custom Title
    Joannie is such an amazing skater and an amazing person.
    I just wish the judges could reward skaters for what they do on the ice but it's NEVER EVER going to happen.

Politics all the way, COP has just worsen that.

I think Joannie has the best choreography for the FS this season! I hope she has a great skate tomorrow

Custom Title
    I'll be crossing fingers (all of them) and burning lots of candles and praying too.

I just loooooove Joannie. She just is so smart, so compose, so natural about her skating. We had the chance to interview her and Josée at Bompard and she just won me all over (plus her lovely accent which is always a treat for rude french like me :D) Am just sad she didn't want to be adopted by France :P

Custom Title
    I too believe that Joannie was penalised tonight in the Short program, she skated with grace and she was great, she deserved better marks then what she got. The best is yet to come, next year will be her big year, I hope for her that she goes to the olympics and she gets on the podium. She can do it.

I'm very sad for her but I know she's a great skater and the triple-triple proved it. She'll come back next year better than ever. She's a fighter.

Custom Title
    Isn't she slightly injured? I really expected her to be higher.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender
    Isn't she slightly injured? I really expected her to be higher.
    yes...something like that plus she had a whole lotta other things going wrong.

Maybe those who saw her live like Joesitz will help us her. I think she was off since the start of the game

Rinkside
    Hello gang,

I rarely post here but I read often. I run Joannie's official website, and it was so nice to see a thread dedicated to her! I know she would be touched !

I talked to her after her SP, and she seemed in good spirits, she knows this is a judged sport and she was just pleased that she went out there and nailed a great performance.

I believe she was slightly injured, but I don't think that played a huge affect on her skate. For the LP she was ready, she knew she had to be top 12 in order to qualify us 2 ladies to the Olys next year. She has been having problems with her boots, they are leaving sores on her heels which is obviously very uncomfortable to do anything skating related...and her leg was bothering her...but she stuck it out like a true champion.

I think she will take this as a learning experience, and grow stronger for next year. She had a great point when she stated she had a wonderful season because she did. She rose quickly this year, and was in the media eye, and that may have affected her slightly. Overall I think she was just disappointed with herself, and disappointed that she may have let ppl down. I don't feel she did that at all. It was uncharacteristic mistakes, but it's a learning experience!

If you want to send Jo a msg of support, you can either PM me, or email at joannie_rochette@yahoo.ca I'm sure she would love the support! She may not reply but I know she reads every since msg she gets !

Ciao for now, and thank you so much, brought a smile to my face to see this thread and know that she has gained support from across the globe !

Sarah
    www.joannierochette.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama
    I'm very sad for her but I know she's a great skater and the triple-triple proved it. She'll come back next year better than ever. She's a fighter.
    well said!!!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Both Barb Underhill and Paul Martini made the comment that Joannie got short changed in the short program. Her marks should have been higher. She made a couple of mistakes in the long, but fought to stay in there. She even threw in an extra jump at the end to make up for her mistake! Joannie has the heart of a champion in my books. Elvis Stojko would be proud of her!!! Joannie may not have won a medal, but she kept Canadian ladies in the medal hunt for the Olympics. Way to go Joannie!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast