I hope Michelle Wins | Golden Skate

I hope Michelle Wins

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
I am not yet familiar with the new scoring system so I don't know if mathematically it is possible but I hope that Michelle Kwan wins. She is very capable of out skating all the others and could win the long. Michelle is resilient. I hope that this will push per to attempt a 3/3 combo. You know that she at least works on them. We'll see what happens. Now I do love Carolina Kostner and hope that she skate well but when Michelle comes from behind to win I give the others the Bronx Salute. I hope that I will be able to do that. Sasha could win that would be ok. She is a beautiful skater but can any one say Flutz. Really, it has gotten worse. It's almost as thought she is not even trying to give the impression that she is doing a Lutz. She needs to watch Julia Sebastian to see how it is done. Now last night we did see a lot of falls from the men, but the Ladies are more apt to have a clean skate. I want a clean skate from all the girls and I will be satisfied with whoever wins and disappointed is Michelle does not medal. Also, we would appreciate seeing some quads and triple axels. Wouldn't that be exciting?
Daniel and Little Lulu
Granny
I did a spell check.

Eeyora

Final Flight
I truly wish MK would win too. But it looks virtually impossible as of now. Unless she skates a completely different program than she did in the qualifying and the other ladies make many mistakes. As of know my prayers are for a medal.

My personal opinion is for Michelle to get a new choreographer if she really wants the Olympic title. She is extremely capable of better choreography than we have seen. Her programs with Lori Nichol had more choreography than many programs today. She also needs a spin doctor.

Last edited:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
If you had asked me to predict the mens' podium, I would have been completely and totally wrong. There are always surprises at Worlds! It will be a very exciting ladies' competition as I believe all medals are still up for grabs.

Remember when Elena Liashenko won a GP event a couple of years ago after being in SEVENTH place after the SP? Anything is possible. :)

apache88

On the Ice
I'm 100% certain Michelle can't win. The best is silver. The reason is that Irina's LP has very high PCS scores attached to it. Even if Michelle does incredibly well and Irina screws up hence she outscores her in TES, Irina has a huge buffer in the PCS. Exactly what are judges looking for when it comes to PCS, why has Irina routinely scored so high with or without mistakes, nobody seems to know. The judges should step in and explain their reasons to avoid speculations of corrupt judging.

Kuchana

On the Ice
Adding to everyone else, the judges were once again helped by Kwan's mistakes in Qual, a repeat of Dortmund. So, Kwan basically dug her own grave in the process. I have little hope of her winning the title. Like most, the results seem predetermined and it just makes me very sad and angry, especially with Turino coming about. The best that I can hope for is for Kwan to win bronze or silver but most of all, I just want her to skate her best.

tdnuva

On the Ice
Eeyora said:
My personal opinion is for Michelle to get a new choreographer if she really wants the Olympic title. She is extremely capable of better choreography than we have seen. Her programs with Lori Nichol had more choreography than many programs today. She also needs a spin doctor.

I would wish she would skate what the choreographer creates. Her Bolero has so few content - what we see is definitely not what Christopher Dean would create. And if I understood only half what she said since autumn she tried always a part of the final routine. One part now, one part then and so on. Afaik she never skated the complete routine. This strategy is bs.

jesslily

Final Flight
I wish that Michelle Kwan learn the lesson. Under the new judging system, everybody is judged fairly, no matter how long you have been around. As a competitior, you should do grand prix, not just national and come to the world.

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
I don't see it happening. Michelle is not dumb, she knows that they are not going to cut her any slack in Russia. She also came in with no working experience with CoP, putting her at a major disadvantage against everyone else. Studying the rule book is not the same as skating to it in competition. Already in a situation politically unfavorable for her, she gave the judges reason to bury her when she bombed the QR. Irina is holding all the cards (if you'll excuse the pun).

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
tdnuva said:
I would wish she would skate what the choreographer creates. Her Bolero has so few content - what we see is definitely not what Christopher Dean would create. And if I understood only half what she said since autumn she tried always a part of the final routine. One part now, one part then and so on. Afaik she never skated the complete routine. This strategy is bs.

That's what struck me the most when I finally got to see it last night. Where did the choreography go?? That saddened me WAY more than the problems she had with the jumps and just seeming sluggish. I went back and watched her Bolero debut from Cambell's, and the only thing recognizable about the two programs is the music.

DG

Kuchana

On the Ice
jesslily said:
I wish that Michelle Kwan learn the lesson. Under the new judging system, everybody is judged fairly, no matter how long you have been around. As a competitior, you should do grand prix, not just national and come to the world.

I would like to agree with you but the point is that not everyone was judged fairly. This system still needs A LOT of work.

Eldredgefan2001

Rinkside
I never would have guessed that I would be ashamed for Michelle Kwan's skating. :cry: I have never seen a program from her that was so lacking in choreography. She needs to stop saying that the "Bolero" she brought to Worlds (and Nationals) was Chris Dean's creation., because it's not! There is no content in this latest version, compared to the program that we saw at the beginning of the season. She can not blame this disaster on Chris Dean. Even if she skates cleanly in the free, it still would be nothing but stroking, crossovers and jumps and spins. It was actually painful to watch. I kept yelling "Where is the choreography!", while I was watching. I wasn't a fan of the program that she debuted at Nationals, but it was a much better program than this. At least it had SOME choreography! The scary thing is, she could actually WIN with that awful program! :cry:

fscric

On the Ice
Eldredgefan2001 said:
I never would have guessed that I would be ashamed for Michelle Kwan's skating. :cry: I have never seen a program from her that was so lacking in choreography. She needs to stop saying that the "Bolero" she brought to Worlds (and Nationals) was Chris Dean's creation., because it's not! There is no content in this latest version, compared to the program that we saw at the beginning of the season. She can not blame this disaster on Chris Dean. Even if she skates cleanly in the free, it still would be nothing but stroking, crossovers and jumps and spins. It was actually painful to watch. I kept yelling "Where is the choreography!", while I was watching. I wasn't a fan of the program that she debuted at Nationals, but it was a much better program than this. At least it had SOME choreography! The scary thing is, she could actually WIN with that awful program! :cry:

I don't understand this - are you related to Michelle Kwan? Why would you be ashamed for her skating? Had she blamed Christopher Dean for her loss?

Kuchana

On the Ice
tannisming said:
I'm ashamed too. I honestly hope the U.S, does not send her to Italy.

Poppycock! That just made me laugh seriously. Of course the U.S. will send her to Italy despite this and may I add it wasn't bad for her first time under the COP system? Focus on the positive instead of the negative.

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
tannisming said:
I'm ashamed too. I honestly hope the U.S, does not send her to Italy.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What alternate reality do YOU live in? I can't stop laughing. Thank you. Truly one of the funniest comments I've read (sad only because I know you were being serious).

Sure, the US won't send the most decorated American skater who managed to place 4th in her first COP test under the most pressure-cooked event of the season. A woman who is a five time world champion and 9 time National champion who is a bonafide icon in the sport. Her placements along with Sasha secured 3 spots for Olympics. But by your standard I guess they should not send Sasha either. I mean that girl has NO titles at all. Shame on the US.

Oooookaaayy....

(still laughing...)

Hikaru

Final Flight
Skate Sandee said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What alternate reality do YOU live in? I can't stop laughing. Thank you. Truly one of the funniest comments I've read (sad only because I know you were being serious).

Sure, the US won't send the most decorated American skater who managed to place 4th in her first COP test under the most pressure-cooked event of the season. A woman who is a five time world champion and 9 time National champion who is a bonafide icon in the sport. Her placements along with Sasha secured 3 spots for Olympics. But by your standard I guess they should not send Sasha either. I mean that girl has NO titles at all. Shame on the US.

Oooookaaayy....

(still laughing...)

:sheesh: geees you needed to drag Sasha into this...