Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Free Program - Notes from Rosaleen

Custom Title

Ladies - Free Program - Notes from Rosaleen

Note: The following reports are copyright Golden Skate. Please, while you may provide links to reports, do not copy & paste them elsewhere. Thank you.

Please don't post in this thread (it's easier for me), use the thread for the event marked 'comments'. Thanks

They're just doing the introductions and explaining the judging system and in a very few minutes the first group of ladies will be on their ice for the warmup -- I'm quite amazed at how empty the stands are right now. People are slowly filtering in but I'd bet that there's way less than 1/4 of the stands full.

Custom Title
    FRA Candice Didier Start 1
    Starts out to very soft music with a spiral and down the ice towards me for 3t/ 3l fell out / music is building and I’m swaying a bit to it / back this way for 3z fell out / layback spin with hads behind back / a bit of chor as music speeds up and changes / back to the other end for a 2t / a bit of chor / strt steps as music picks up and crowd is clapping – jazzy music / steps ok but 2 pauses that are both too long / upright spin in stretched pos that makes a very nice shape / music changes and slows and some chor / back to the other end for 3s / spirals and 2a pitched forward with a hand down / music builds for combo spin that Ididn’t note the pos on / music softens and a bit of emoting into flycam with good basic pos – little slow / outside in spire to back catch foot to back Y on other foot right into a 2a fell / into closing pose / pb 71.41 / carries 61.09 / upright spin lev 2, spirals lev 3, rest lev 1

Custom Title
    CAN Cynthia Phaneuf Start 2
    Music starts with trumpet blasts and some chor, then softens with more chor as she moves to the far end for 3z hung on to the landing turns 3t landed very low, might have hung on long enough / 2f / 2a / flycam is ok / some more chor (sorry I was behind and haven’t noted all the chor to this point – wanted to get the jumps in) / popped z / layback with foot to head is nicely done / music changes and becomes dramatic and some chor to go with it / now picks up and around to the far end / 3l think she held off putting hand down / 3s fell / spirals maintain good speed with pretty good pos / 3t fought for landing 2t2l / flycam into illusions / strt steps are right with music and very good / combo spin to end the program / not what she hoped for – it seemed to me that she was having to fight for everything, wasn’t relaxed enough out there – stiff knees that you get when you’re very nervous / pb 101.9 / carries 64.72 / 1st fly cam lev2 all else level 1

Custom Title
    SWE Lina Johansson Start 3
    Music Otonal Costume Bright periwinkle blue with glitter music starts softely and a bit of chor / around to the far end huge 2z / bit of chor and back this way for 3t2t / flycam with layover pos is very nice to upright / music building with loud piano and to far end for 3l fell / music softens and speeds up for combo spin with leg to face pos / back this way for high 3t2t / long set up into 2a / music is building and speed ing up for spirals that start out with good speed but get quite slow and then some stroking into last spiral / 3t / 2s / O ftwrk is moving a quite a good speed and with music – seems a little bare / layback spin – sorry didn’t really see it, was looking down / some chor and a big split jump into combo spin that started backwards I believe and competely recentered for the front half (for Canadians, similar to Mira Leung), not sure if that matters in the free program or not / pb 76.42 / carries 63.90 / all elements level 1 except final spin level 2

Custom Title
    CHN Yan Liu Start 4
    Music: Happiness Costume: bright blue / music starts out with very soft piano and some chor / down this way for 3z2t bit wild on landing of z / back to far end for 3f might have been 2ft / around this end for 3l / change foot spin I didn't really see / 3t / pause at boards near me for strt steps / music has drum beat and is much faster - steps seem ok, wasn't paying enough attention / music softens with aaahhhh's for layback that is quite nice / pause for some chor and around far end of rink and back this way for 3t2t / around the rink away from me for 3s / flycam has good pos & speed - basic spin / spirals in S pattern outside in to start / 2a / cam layback change sit catch knee to end the program / pretty good skate but the program is lacking transitions badly / pb 82.59 / carries 59.35 / all elements level 1

Custom Title
    NED Karen Venhuizen Start 5
    Music: Gladiator Soundtrack Costume: cream & beige with gold / music starts soft and a bit of chor then down to the far end for 2t way off axis turns 2t 2l / bit of chor and back this way for 2a that barely got off the ice 2l / bit of chor and music picks up with a beat and crowd is clapping / fly cam spin has good speed / 3s very tight landing and a cople of turns into 2f / spin that was so short I really didn't see it / nice combo spin with with inside edge 1/2 sit pos that was quite nice / music changes again and some chor at centre ice and back around this way for 3t? That was landed weirdly on 2 feet / spirals inside out in catch kneed pos nice edges & speed / ends in Y pos / 2s / music fades and she's at the far end / music builds for strt steps that have an ok amount of complexity but move across the ice too slow / spinny 2a (don't remember noticing the spinny 2a previously) / layback spin to end the program / pb 65.02 / carrier 59.43 in / spiral level 3 rest level 1

Custom Title
    HUN Viktoria Pavuk Start 6
    Notes Music: Selections by Morricone Costume: dark pink / sorry - was distracted and didn't really see the 1st part of her program but will add in the elements from the monitor - 3z2t / 3l / 2f / layback spin / charlottle into 1a / down the rink towards me and back to other end / 3z / spirals in S pattern towards me / back around for 3s / and spread eagle spiral with hand to ice / combo spin with beillman on front with good speed into back sit & Y / music picks up with big drum beats & piano / 3t landed ptiched forward but think clean / pause at boards for strt steps to very dynamic music that is speeding up and she keeps up with it very nicely with dramatic steps that seem fairly complex / flycam spin is ok into fly combo spin with Y into closing pose / pb ? / carries 64.47 / layback & spirals lev 2, rest level 1

Custom Title
    AUS Joanne Carter Start 7
    Notes Music: Tango Zero Hour, Libertango Costume: red with Diag black flower design down front & back / some chor and down around the end of the ice near me back to other end for 3z / back this way for 3f / some chor as music picks up a bit and around the other end for 3l / flycam with layover to sit to cam to broken leg sit to back sit to I don't know what but it was good / music fades and starts up slowly and some nice chor around far end of rink and into inside out spiral that is held to back leg in front to front catch foot - nicely done / around this end back to other end for 3z2t / layback with great pos & speed / back this way 3t turns 2t / cam to sort of outside edge to upright to layback in time with music / bit of dancing and into strt steps that are right with the music and move well / aroudn this end 2a with bit of a wild free leg , but I'll bet she's jumping up and down inside / 2a / fly camel to end the program and she claps her hands in joy / This was a great skate for her and I hope she gets the component marks she deserves / shot of her and her coach and she can barely contain herself / spirals lev 3 / fly combo spin near start of pgm lev 2 rest lev 1

Custom Title
    GBR Jenna McCorkell Start 8
    Notes Music: Swan lake Costume: white with black trim / music starts slow - around to this end for 3l / back to the other for 3z that I think was 2ft / back this way 3t pitched way forward on landing but clean / bit of chor at this end of rink and down to the other popped flip / bit more chor at the other end and music picks up and crowd is clapping as she heads this way for a sal that didn't get off the ice / layback spin is nicely done / some chor at the far end / and down this way 2f 1t1l / big drum roll and into flycam which is uite nice / spirals star with inside out / and music is building as she completes the seq / 2a / music softens / layback spin and then a combo spin to end the program / pb 82.72 / carries 65.60 / All elements level 1

Custom Title
    USA Jennifer Kirk Start 9
    Notes Music: Beatles Medley Costume: white with light blue / music is soft and down this way and back to the far end / 3z2t / back this way / 3f2t / and back to far end 2a / and yes it does seem to me that so far she has gone end to end doing jumps at either end / fly cam is very nice and now some chor as the music changes / back this was for 3l fell / and a bit of chor head down to the far end / and stroking into spiral into 3z / back to the other end for 3t2t / strt steps as music picks up and crowd is clapping / layback spin is centered with nice pos / stroking to other end / popped sal / back spiral starts the seq / flysit is fast with good pos to Y / stars into cam very fast low sit layback back sit Y / she skated that fairly well, but IMO there were no transitions whatsoever and the choreography lacked badly / pb 120.09 / strt steps level 2 rest lev 1

Custom Title
    GER Annette Dytrt Start 10
    Notes usic; Spartacus Costume: turqoise with are middriff / a bit of chor and down to the far end for 3z / music picks up and she's around this way / 3s2t / stroking in circle at this end into popped flip / flycam spin is nice / music climaxes and changes into soft familiar theme and we have some chor to go with it / 3l / dow this way 3t leaning fell / cam sit Y spin - fast & centered / spirals as music builds - think she had a bit of a problem part wasy through / back this way for 3s / and around for 2a that was a bit off kilter but clean / into layback spin / O ftwrk as music is fast and building goes well with the music and she's moving quite well. Combo spin to end the program as music continues to build and climax / pb 86.58 / carries 70.43 in / spirals lev 2, O steps lev 2, rest level 1

Custom Title
    SUI Sarah Meier Start 11
    Notes Music: Guitarra Costume: black on top with lace effect in back red skirt / music starts with guitar strumming and some chor in place and now she's moving around far end of rink and this way for 3z2t2l / a bit of chor and down to the far end 3f turns 3s - not sure if it will be classed as a seq / bit of chor / flycam in nice basic pos / some more chor as she heads to this end and back around for 2l / some more chor as music has sped up / 2a / sideways layback to foot to head / music has changed with drum beat and faint guitar / spirals start with inside out - maintain good speed / around this end for 3s with a bit of a wild free leg / strt steps are with music and fairly complex - I liked them / camel layback spin / around end of rink and back this way 3z Fell out / missed a jump / cam sit sideways layback back cam catchfoot into ending pose / pb 86.92 / carries 66.92 in / Layback level 2 / spirals lev 3, strt steps lev 2 /rest lev 1
    Last edited by Rosaleen; 03-19-2005 at 06:38 AM. Reason: to fix music and 1 jump at the end of program

Custom Title
    CRO Idora Hegel Start 12
    Notes Music: Don Juan de Marco Costume: Dark purple with blue & pink flowers and pink on hem of skirt - nicer than it sounds / music starts fairly soft and some chor / around the far end and back this way for 3z2t2l / bit of chor and down to th far end 3f / music changes and a bit of chor 2a / some more chor as music trills into flycam with nice pos to inside edge / around this way 3s2t / layback with foot to head / music is flowing now and then changes / spirals are ok pos is extended / bit of skating around / 3l / pause as music changes and heading this way for 3t bit jerky on landing / upright spin that was just too short - nice, but short / strt steps are very complex and right with music using whole body - I liked them / music changes again and into long set up for 2s2t / cam sit sideways layback leg in front spin to end the program /pb 88.14 / carries 70.75 in / spiral & strt steps lev 2 / rest lev 1 /

Custom Title
    JPN Fumie Suguri Start 13
    Notes Music: Tango Para Percusion, Carmen Costume: black pants & bustier elbow gloves / music starts with drums beats and some chor / around this end of rink and back the other end 3z2t high z / some chor around far end of rink and back this way 3f / around to far end 3t2t / music slows and plaintif violin and some chor around the far end of rink / inside outspiral starts seq to back Y / at far end of rink 3s bit tight on landing / flay cam with lovely inside edge and pos / flysit with low fas centered spin / back around to this end for 2z / some chor as music picks up and crowd is clapping / down to far end for 3f2t might have 2ft flip bit of jerky free leg on landing / almostflat back strt leg layback / music picks up again and 2a / strt steps in char of music seem to have fairdetailandmovequite fast / cam outside edge sit layback stretch back sit scratch is very very fast to end the program / pb 120.06 / carries 83.47 in / spirals lev 3 , fly cam lev 1 final combo spin lev 1, restlev 2/

Custom Title
    UKR Elena Liashenko Start 14
    Notes Music: Frida soundtrack Costume: black skirt with mostly illusion top with red & black 'leaves?' / musicstarts with slow guitar andsome chor / down to this end for 3z2t with usual set up / bit of chor and back to the far end for 3f landed somehwat forward / 3t / some chor and into flycam with nice pos / music changes & slows & some more chor into layback that makes very nice shapes - good speed & centered / music is soft & slow and some nice chor then around to the end of rink for popped flip / some chor and in spirals / aroudn towards far end, back this way for 3s / flysit travels good pos & speed / back to far end for 3z that she lands forward on 2 feet after 2-1/2revs / strt ftwrk coming to me is fast with good detail / 2a / combo spin to end is travelling in a circle / pb 104.94 / carries 79.77 in / flycam & layback lev 1 rest lev 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast