Ladies - Free Program - Notes from Rosaleen | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Free Program - Notes from Rosaleen

Rosaleen

Medalist
ITA Carolina Kostner Start 20
Notes Music: Piano Concerto # 1 & 3 / mauve dress / didn't note chor at first part / 3f3t2l / 3z2t / 3l / strt steps are right with music and fairly complex / some chor into flysit which is centered if maybe a bit slow / some chor to light & bouncey piano / music builds and around this way into outside in spiral that changes in catch foot pos / 2l / some chor as music fades and changes to piano / 2a 1/2l 3s too close to boards near me to see how sal was landed / 3t / cam ch cam with nice pos and very centered - bit slow / flycam to inside edge with layout to iluusion / cam sit back catchfoot upright spin / some chor as piano is speeding up and around the rin in S pattern for 2a that had a bit of a late step out into final pose and she hits the side ofher head as if to say 'stupid' / pb 98.15 / carries ? / change camel sp, fly cam and final combo spin lev 1, rest lev 2 /

Rosaleen

Medalist
USA Sasha Cohen Start 21
Notes Music: Nutcracker Costume: light pink / taking her time leaving the boards to take her position / music starts with familiar harp? Plucking and now comes violin with a little chor / down to the end and back to the far end for 3z(flutz)2t that might have had a foot brush on way through / back to this end for 3f2t2t / stroking around centre ice and back towards me for 3l / flycam to inside edge to sit to catchfoot / some chor down centre ice towards far end / around back this way 3f landed way pitched forward on very tight circle but managed to stay on one foot / back to the far end for ?? That I think she fell out of a bit / 2a / layback spin is just great with multiple pos / back this way and around end of rink into inside out spiral that while held doesn't have really stron gedges into fan spiral / 3s not the greatest landing / some chor and into O ftwrk that is nice and flowing with music but seems somewhat simple / flysit is very good / into combo spin with outside edge cam to sit to upright to back sit to leg at face pos / pb 130.89 / carries 89.78 / is ti just me or did that program have just a lot of stroking between jumps, esp in the 1st half - similar to Michelle's? / flycombo spin & spirals lev 3 / rest lev 2 /

Rosaleen

Medalist
JPN Shizuka Arakawa Start 22
Notes Music: Romeo & Juliet Costume black with sequin crosses / music starts dark & slow and spiral into 3z2l at this end of rink / around the rink and 3s 2t / around this way & back to far end for 3f / a bit of chor and she heads this way into flycam with layover to donut that is centered / some chor as pause and music changes to very soft and around this way for 2l / beautiful ina into 2t / around far end and this way for catchfoot back spiral into 2z2t2l / inside out catchfoot spiral starts seq / 3t / layback spin from sideways to strt flatback to foot to head / camel spin to donut / strt ftwrk is dynamic as music is building / cam to inside edge to sitto back sit to cam to ch to foot in front - spin travelled through most of it / pb 123.99 / carries 85.74 in / last 3t doesn't count - extra element / all elements level 2

Rosaleen

Medalist
JPN Miki Ando Start 23
Notes Music: Firebird dark red with 'feather' effect on one hip / music starts with fluttering sounds and a bit of chor as she starts / down to this end for 3z3l / back around for 3s / down to far end for 3f fell out / flycam spin - didn't really see it -was catchin gup writing / down this way for 3 turns into 3l / some chor as music climaxes and starts again with soft familiar flute? / layback with foot to head and a bit of wobble on exit / spirals with inside out in catch foot pos nice back spiral pos / down this way and back to far end for 3z / flycombo spin that I didn't really see / strt ftwrk is dynamic as music is building - think she might have had a slip near the end / charlotte spiral into 3s2t / 2a / chor into combo spin cam sit layback backsit to inside edge to ?? Couldn't write fast enough to keep up / pb 119.46 / carries 86.96 in / loop on combo reduced to 2l / fly cam lev 1, spirals 3, rest lev 2

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Irina Slutskaya Start 24
Notes Music: Wonderland, Whisper from the Mirror Costums black sparkly with pink heart on hip / crowd goes crazy as she is introduced and she takes her time getting to centre ice / chor as music starts then around this end and back to far end for 3z3l / around in a circle and back toward me for 3s2l2t / 3l / flycam is very fast to inside edge to donut and is pretty centre / music staops and starts up again with some chor in place and as she starts to move and round this end and back around to the other and in a circle at the far end into 3l2l / layback spin ending in beillman / spirals inside out in beillman pos coming toward men and back spiral in beillman / back to the other end 3f / her jumps are huge today for where I'm sitting / 3t / fly spin and crowd si claping and going nuts / 2a / strigt twrk is well done and I think with the music if I coul dhear the music that is / and some chor into cam outside edge sit layback foot to head beillman back catch foot to end / she's won for sure and she earned it - that was probably the best I've seen her skate / pb 121.9 / carrier 92.61 / gifts all over ice but they don't send the flower girls until after she takes her bows and I think she's in tear as she comes off the ice - I know I'm teary / looking at her on the screen before the scores, she doesn't look well / I was right about the jumps the 3l of the 3l2l combo didn't count / layback spirals combo spin level 3 , f cam strt steps and final combo spin lev 2

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
That's it for the ladies, and for me for worlds. I'll be watching the gala, but probably will just relax and enjoy it and not report on it -- it's been a busy and long 2 weeks with junior worlds and now worlds.