Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Free Program - Comments

Ladies - Free Program - Comments

*does a little happy dance after seeing Sasha's scores*

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Bear
    *does a little happy dance after seeing Sasha's scores*
    **Hikaru joins Kara Bear in the little happy dance**

and it all comes down to irina's skate....ooohhhh the suspense is killing me

looks like irina HAS GOT IT

Irina got it with SOME FREAKIN HUGE marks

theres rumours that this is Arakawas last competeition as she is turning pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Bear
    theres rumours that this is Arakawas last competeition as she is turning pro
    where did you read that???

read it on another board, someone was watching it live on tv and she gave an interview stating so...but no links to back it up yet

We're gonna have to watch for that, to see if it is true!

On a side note, I'm checking for pictures of the FS, and I'm happy for Julia S. for not using that outfit she had for Carmen all season, and for using something prettier
    http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...2830534724.jpg

Rinkside

Oh Michelle....

I really had hopes that michelle could come back and earn a medal. and now that i see the scores, i think, yup, i was right... she lost to carolina by less than a point with a program that was not perfect. so, the lesson here for michelle is.. every point counts. i'm not mad, as i thought i would be in this situation, just dissapointed that she didn't skate her best. i hope that she learns from this and comes back next year to skate the grand prix series just to get more familiar iwth the system and i hope that she has better music selection. i think that bolero did her in because the music sucks. really, michelle should not feel so bad about all of this, but should use this experience for next year and the olympics. She obvioulsy still has the capability to do be up with the best of them. she'll have all summer to work on the kinks in her skating and buff it up for the new system. had she landed her jumps she would have been a bronze for sure if not a silver. and with better music and fresh choreography, she's got just as good a chance as anyone for the gold medal. she should look at irina for insipiration...she too can come back.

congrats to the winners, and i'm glad to see that irina actually skated to win.

Custom Title
    Way to go Sasha, you did it!!!!you did it!!!

Custom Title
    Congrats to Irina for the Gold. Very high PCS scores!!!

Congrats to Sasha for gutting it out and not splatting and repeating her Silver.

Good for Michelle for her third place in SP and LP.

Bad for Michelle for the second sub-par Q round in as many years and for having to dig herself out of a hole. And bad for the fall on the SALCHOW?!?. A step out, a double, anything that would have kept her from the deduction and given her the Bronze. Wake up Michelle and stop telling how you just want to have fun. Next year is the Olys and though there is no Q round to go through you do not have the luxery of playing ostrich all year. And one Nationals comp ain't gonna do it.

Now that I've ranted, I think unless Irina falls apart next year, Michelle is not going to be an Oly Goldie. And Sasha and the rest of the talented young skaters are going to have to wait until 2010. Of course, I'm usually wrong about everything but those are my rancid thoughts.

Medalist
    Supposedly Sasha is pulling a Bonaly facial expression on the podium.....

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by anazetra
    I really had hopes that michelle could come back and earn a medal. and now that i see the scores, i think, yup, i was right... she lost to carolina by less than a point with a program that was not perfect. so, the lesson here for michelle is.. every point counts. i'm not mad, as i thought i would be in this situation, just dissapointed that she didn't skate her best. i hope that she learns from this and comes back next year to skate the grand prix series just to get more familiar iwth the system and i hope that she has better music selection. i think that bolero did her in because the music sucks. really, michelle should not feel so bad about all of this, but should use this experience for next year and the olympics. She obvioulsy still has the capability to do be up with the best of them. she'll have all summer to work on the kinks in her skating and buff it up for the new system. had she landed her jumps she would have been a bronze for sure if not a silver. and with better music and fresh choreography, she's got just as good a chance as anyone for the gold medal. she should look at irina for insipiration...she too can come back.

congrats to the winners, and i'm glad to see that irina actually skated to win.
    Sorry to deflate your bubble but her jumps are not the only thing that held her down. She has a lot of work cut out for herself if she even hopes to make the Olympic team next year.

Rinkside

irina did 4 triple loops?

rosaleen's report said irina did 4 triple loops? huh? 3z3l, 3s3l2l, 3l, and 3l2l. Can anyone clarify this?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast