Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How Rude....

Sal-Kowabunga!

Thumbs down How Rude....

Okay, tell me if I'm wrong, but I thought how rude to have Kimmie Meissner interviewed the ENTIRE TIME OF MIKI ANDO'S SHORT PROGRAM!

ESPN----how could you? First you delay the figure skating for fifteen minutes while you show the ending of the NCAA wrestling championships. Okay, I understand that you have no way of knowing and no control over the wrestling going over. BUT, your people have control over when a guest is interviewed in a figure skating program. That is even worse than the incessant babbling of the commentators. HOW RUDE.....

(as to Kimmie....I don't blame the kid. I suspect that even she would have rather been able to actually WATCH Miki Ando skate.)

That was definitely rude. Also rude was those running basketball scores at the bottom of the screen. Do figure skating fans really give a rat's heiny about basketball scores???

Custom Title
    Ita.

Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    That was definitely rude. Also rude was those running basketball scores at the bottom of the screen. Do figure skating fans really give a rat's heiny about basketball scores???
    I hate when ESPN scrolls info about other sports and they cut in with music during a skater's performance. It is an awful sound to hear that ESPN music in the middle of a beautiful program.

Do figure skating fans really give a rat's heiny about basketball scores???
    WVU 111
    Wake Forest 105

It was not only rude buy annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    WVU 111
    Wake Forest 105
    Okay, let me rephrase that.

Does any figure skating fan with the exception of our beloved PIEL really give a rat's heiny about basketball scores???

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHIO2
    Okay, tell me if I'm wrong, but I thought how rude to have Kimmie Meissner interviewed the ENTIRE TIME OF MIKI ANDO'S SHORT PROGRAM!

ESPN----how could you? First you delay the figure skating for fifteen minutes while you show the ending of the NCAA wrestling championships. Okay, I understand that you have no way of knowing and no control over the wrestling going over. BUT, your people have control over when a guest is interviewed in a figure skating program. That is even worse than the incessant babbling of the commentators. HOW RUDE.....

(as to Kimmie....I don't blame the kid. I suspect that even she would have rather been able to actually WATCH Miki Ando skate.)
    Exactly my thoughts. I could not fault Kimmie for answering the questions she was being asked. It was extremely rude of Ganon to completely ignore Miki and interview Kimmie throughout Miki's skate.

I also agree with the comments about wrestling. I was frustrated watching these fat guys trying to defeat each other, while I was waiting for the FS to begin. I could not turn the TV off because I was afraid I may miss the FS if I did. I had to reset my VCR because of that wrestling.

ESPN's coverage was terrible.

Vash

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by brad640
    I hate when ESPN scrolls info about other sports and they cut in with music during a skater's performance. It is an awful sound to hear that ESPN music in the middle of a beautiful program.
    I too find that extremely annoying. I wish ABC would start showing world FS again.

Custom Title
    I can't blame them for finishing up wrestling..after all if it was the other way around, you wouldn't want FS coverage to be cut-off at 7;30pm?? As far as the bottom line feature, it's always on at 28 and 58 min past the hour, and again I wouldn't expect for them to turn it off "b/c FS fans are not March Madness followers", but the little "ding dong" sound has to go! I hated when it would interfere with the music.

What I found very rude is lack of D&S coverage! Even a mention of what a great skate they had would've been lovely! Since it was considered by some the best dance of the night, you would think that would buy them some TV time..but no! I am getting sick and tired of these stupid, repeated fluff pieces when we would much rahter see another team.

Oh well...that's my rant for the night!

Yana

Custom Woman
    ITA that the gabfest during Ando's SP was very rude. All that so a 14-year-old could give her "views" on things? Come on. A 14-year-old doesn't have views.

Besides, imagine the uproar if on the final strokes of the final round of the Master's Tournament, golf fans heard, (whisper) "Now Tiger Woods approaches the green to see if he can sink this difficult putt to win the Master's...BUT FOR ALL YOU FIGURE SKATING FANS OUT THERE, WHILE TIGER'S TRYING TO MAKE THIS PUTT, WE'VE GOT AN INTERVIEW WITH KIMMIE MEISNER, THE FIRST WOMAN--AHEM, EXCUSE ME--LADIES FIGURE SKATER TO LAND THE TRIPLE AXEL JUMP IN COMPETITION SINCE 1991!"

ESPN producers: Get a brain.

Rgirl

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Wow. Am I ever glad I was able to watch the skating on the CBC. They did a fabulous job!!

Custom Title
    I thought th same thing. The questions weren't even that imporatant. This was ruder than Peter's Nancy Kerrigan interview while MK was receiving her marks which wasn't exactly rude but more of stupid placing. Or discussing Michelle's time deduction last yaer during Sokolova's SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    WVU 111
    Wake Forest 105
    I can see that the non-fans out there do not fully appreciate this item. This is huge. Wake Forest was one of the tournament favorites, with some predicting they could go all the way. Ha ha , Wake UP, you mean! Go Mountaineers!

Go Michigan State Ladies! (I mean women.)

MM

The scrolling of the scores at "28 and 58" didn't bother me....I'd have wanted to see scores if Phillies baseball had been going on during World's coverage, so I understand other sports fans wanting to see what was going on with their interests.

But, I also agree that talking with Kimmie while Mikko skated was rude. I knew it would get "net time" on the skating forums!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast